Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ethanr » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:54 pm

I know absolutely nothing about Cheryshev or Traore, but Negredo would offer us something different up top than Benteke, and Illaramendi would be that holding player many have been asking for. I figured we were done with signings for the summer, and I think that may still be the case bar some smaller, younger signings, but I would be delighted if those two came in as well.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:44 am

Echo say Liverpool not interested in Adama Traore.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:43 am

I thought he was on his way over on the plane?!!   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:13 pm

I don't get this about Cheryshev at all.
He is an offensive winger/forward which we have a ton of and we seem to be willing to do another Sakho, meaning pay top money for a 4/5/6 choice player.
He was on freaking loan last season, RM don't want him close to the 1st team and will be sent out on loan again if not sold. And still we want to pay 15+ million.  :no
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:52 pm

And when you think the rumours can't get any dafter. We are now linked to Toni Kroos.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... ie-Lambert
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:09 pm

Twitter rumour we are in for Lacazette for £23M, although sounds like BS.
Doeboy

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:19 pm

Apart from possibly a left back, I can't see us signing anyone for the first team squad. Squad looks pretty full too me even with the likes of Balo and Borini leaving.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:39 pm

Pig Catcher » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:19 pm wrote:Apart from possibly a left back, I can't see us signing anyone for the first team squad. Squad looks pretty full too me even with the likes of Balo and Borini leaving.

Agreed. The one concern , if Balotelli and Borini leave, leaves us a little short up front (even if they stay, they pretty much offer nothing imo). Benteke, a young kid in Origi and of course Sturridge who is made out of glass. Could be a problem with the amount of games we have what with being in Europe
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:45 pm

Doeboy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:39 pm wrote:
Pig Catcher » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:19 pm wrote:Apart from possibly a left back, I can't see us signing anyone for the first team squad. Squad looks pretty full too me even with the likes of Balo and Borini leaving.

Agreed. The one concern , if Balotelli and Borini leave, leaves us a little short up front (even if they stay, they pretty much offer nothing imo). Benteke, a young kid in Origi and of course Sturridge who is made out of glass. Could be a problem with the amount of games we have what with being in Europe

Not forgetting Danny Ings, i think he will surprise many this season
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:48 pm

C-R » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:45 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:39 pm wrote:

Not forgetting Danny Ings, i think he will surprise many this season

Good point, completely forgot about him! I think he will chip in with his fair goals. Maybe not loads, but could be a good supporting act to Benteke. Being mentioned Balotelli could be on his way to Lazio permanently. I think we just want rid
Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:46 pm

Think we are done transfer wise short of offloading a few which will now be a priority you suspect.

Good squad on paper that potentially can be better than the sum of its parts, certainly when compared to bigger spend rivals.

I desperately want Rodgers to succeed after being totally disillusioned back quarter of last season and he's definitely got all his cards on the table now.

Feels like we could either recreate the Suarez year or capitulate into anarchy, massive margins, huge opening 10 games for Brendan Rodgers and the
football club as a whole.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:47 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:52 pm wrote:And when you think the rumours can't get any dafter. We are now linked to Toni Kroos.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... ie-Lambert

In all my years following transfer rumors on the Internet I have never come across any source that's worse than the Daily Star. All the other crappy sites just follow each other but they just come up with the most outrageous bull$hyte  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:24 am

I would consider this to be a succesful transfer window

Bringing in Benteke, Firminio and Clyne has definitely improved the first 11 and drastically aswell

Depending on who plays the position Gerrard was in last year i think we will see us being better defensively as they will recieve better protection

Having Ings will definitely strenghten our bench and wouldnt look out of his depth if he was to start.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:28 pm

LFC1990 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:24 am wrote:I would consider this to be a succesful transfer window

Bringing in Benteke, Firminio and Clyne has definitely improved the first 11 and drastically aswell

Depending on who plays the position Gerrard was in last year i think we will see us being better defensively as they will recieve better protection

Having Ings will definitely strenghten our bench and wouldnt look out of his depth if he was to start.

Ive got no problem with the actual personnel that we've brought in, they all look good players, it's just that I'm not totally convinced we have put the money to best use. Yes Firmino looks top quality and I'm made up we have got a player of his profile here without the lure of CL footy but hand on heart was another AM really an absolute top priority?
To me our Achilles heel is centre mid and it has been for years, as I have said a hundred times on these boards I am a big believer in the old adage that centre mid is where games are won and lost and I just think we might have been better off spending some of that money on a pair of top quality CM's like Kovacic and Illaremendi.
Firmino should have been on next summer's shopping list imo after we had sorted out the glaring weaknesses in the side.
As I said though putting aside which area's needed strengthening and which didn't I think we have done great business and what's more we have spent a lot more than I expected us to as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:28 pm wrote:
LFC1990 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:24 am wrote:I would consider this to be a succesful transfer window

Ive got no problem with the actual personnel that we've brought in, they all look good players, it's just that I'm not totally convinced we have put the money to best use. Yes Firmino looks top quality and I'm made up we have got a player of his profile here without the lure of CL footy but hand on heart was another AM really an absolute top priority?
To me our Achilles heel is centre mid and it has been for years, as I have said a hundred times on these boards I am a big believer in the old adage that centre mid is where games are won and lost and I just think we might have been better off spending some of that money on a pair of top quality CM's like Kovacic and Illaremendi.
Firmino should have been on next summer's shopping list imo after we had sorted out the glaring weaknesses in the side.
As I said though putting aside which area's needed strengthening and which didn't I think we have done great business and what's more we have spent a lot more than I expected us to as well.

I think Ings, Origi (coming back), Bogdan, and Milner are transfers we shouldnt have done.
Clyne is a good transfer all things considered.
Benteke will have to score the goals to justify his price tag. We would have had the same pre-season excitement had we signed Lacazette, Walcott, Falcao, etc. and they all would have probably cost less. If Rodgers tells him to stay high up and central (unlike what Balotelli was doing last season) then he has what it takes to
Firmino is a big big gamble imo. He'll have to do incredibly well to justify the price tag and the need for having him in the side ahead of other big money buys from last summer (Lallana, Markovic, Balotelli)
Gomez at 3.5 mill seems to be a decent investment in the future. I've been impressed with him.

Considering where we needed to trengthen and the players we brought in/lost and how much we paid, I'd give this window a solid 6/10.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill