Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:31 pm

metalhead » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:31 am wrote:Sorry Laza, new show is called ''Mr. Robot'' :laugh:

It's about a group of hackers trying to bring down corporations that rules the world.

watched the first episode so far, did not disappoint

I stopped watching the Walking Dead after season 3.

Dawson mentioned it above re Mr robot. 4 episodes in, it gets draggy
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:00 am

Haven't mentioned it for a while but any of you guys watch "Strike Back" ? Great popcorn action, considering it's made for tv it  puts some big screen movies to shame,  now in it's final season it's bigger badder and better than ever.

Plus it still has one of the best "theme" songs ever !

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:17 am

Yeah Woof ,I watched both versions of Strike Back
Loved the first  British Boys own season with Andrew Lincoln , Richard  Armitage and the very fit Jodhi May
Whilst I have enjoyed the sexed up Starz version , I did start finding the endless 50 guys shooting at them and missing action scenes a little tedious after 3 seasons.
That's despite numerous gratuitous nudity sex scenes they could fit into the show  :D

Haven't seen the last season yet shot in Thailand.
On ironic note, I find it amusing that Aussie actor plays theUS special forces guy and a Yank plays the British SAS Sgt in this show.

Loved that theme tune as well , grabbed it off iTunes a years ago myself
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:19 am

woof woof ! » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:36 am wrote:
laza » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:08 pm wrote:Well latest episode of True Detective certainly fired up

:nod , yeah, the second season may not (so far) be as cerebral (?) as the first  but it's certainly making up for it in the body count department, not often, if ever, you see so many cops getting blown away in a gun battle.

You watched Ep5 yet Woof, the time jump threw me a bit.
Though I have to say by end of the episode this series is really pulling me in a lot more then in the earlier episodes
Last edited by laza on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:46 am

laza » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:19 am wrote:You watched Ep5 yet Woof, the time jump threw me a bit.
Though I have to say by end of the episode this series is really pulling me a lot more then in the earlier episodes

Yeah to suddenly jump forward a couple of months was a bit strange,definitely enjoying the show though  :D

Re Strike Back
I did start finding the endless 50 guys shooting at them and missing action scenes a little tedious after 3 seasons.

:laugh: , This last one has half the North Korean Army shooting at them, and missing   :D

BUT tbf I did say Strike Back was  "Great Popcorn Action"   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:45 am

New show Sex Drugs and Rock n Roll started the other week, always been a fan of Dennis Leary's humour.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:30 am

Anybody watched this one yet Texas Rising, I expect it will annoy the history purists but it looks like a pretty decent cast

Texas Rising stars Bill Paxton, Brendan Fraser, Ray Liotta, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Olivier Martinez, Thomas Jane, Crispin Glover, Rhys Coiro, Jeremy Davies, Cynthia Addai-Robinson, Christopher McDonald, Max Thieriot, Chad Michael Murray, Trevor Donovan, Robert Knepper, Jeff Fahey, Rob Morrow and Kris Kristofferson, and is directed by two-time Oscar-nominated director Roland Joffé (The Killing Fields, The Mission).

laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:21 am

Wahey!   Back into Game of Thrones again. Ironborn Soldier this time. God knows where they're gonna fit into the shenanigans, but I'll find out in September. Woop!
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:54 am

laza » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:30 am wrote:Anybody watched this one yet Texas Rising, I expect it will annoy the history purists but it looks like a pretty decent cast

Texas Rising stars Bill Paxton, Brendan Fraser, Ray Liotta, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Olivier Martinez, Thomas Jane, Crispin Glover, Rhys Coiro, Jeremy Davies, Cynthia Addai-Robinson, Christopher McDonald, Max Thieriot, Chad Michael Murray, Trevor Donovan, Robert Knepper, Jeff Fahey, Rob Morrow and Kris Kristofferson, and is directed by two-time Oscar-nominated director Roland Joffé (The Killing Fields, The Mission).

Watched it a month a two ago Laza, fairly entertaining stuff. Took a while for me too recognise Ray Liotta who puts in a pretty good performance.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:14 pm

True Detective  :buttrock

Cant wait for finale next week
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:49 pm

Just finished watching the first series of Sense8 ,I have to admit I wasn't too enamoured after taking in the first episode ,but as the affinity with the new characters grew I found myself totally immersed in this wonderfully structured and imaginative little Science Fiction drama.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:04 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:49 am wrote:Just finished watching the first series of Sense8 ,I have to admit I wasn't too enamoured after taking in the first episode ,but as the affinity with the new characters grew I found myself totally immersed in this wonderfully structured and imaginative little Science Fiction drama.

Korean girl rocks  :buttrock
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:50 am

There is a new BBC series coming up in October called The Last Kingdom, it based on Bernard Cornwell novels about the creation of England around the time of Alfred the Great, read the books so looking forward to this. There are a few trailers floating about on youtube
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:44 am

"Fear the Walking Dead"

The very start of the Zombie outbreak in the months that lead up to the events seen in The Walking Dead.

Only seen one episode but looks a decent watch if you like your Zombie stuff.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:11 am

Early days on fear the walking dead but I quite the setting and tone of first episode.
Though probably wouldn't be too unhappy if druggie son got a bite

On Side note nice to see Kim Dickens, always had a soft spot for her in Deadwood
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum