Best 11 ?!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:09 am

But when you compare them to the other four top sides RBS, is our attack really good enough?

Us
Benteke
Sturridge
Balotelli
Ings
Origi
Firmino
Coutinho
Lallana
Markovic
Ibe

The Russian Mafia
Fabregas
Oscar
Falcao
Hazard
Willian
Cuadrado
Remy
Costa

The French Foreign Legion
Ozil
Giroud
Sanchez
Walcott
Ramsey
Oxlande-Chamberlain
Cazorla
Rosicky
Welbeck

Manure the Red
Di Maria
Mata
Rooney
Januzaj
Young
Valencia
Depay
Schweinsteiger

Manure the Blue
Toure
Sterling
Nasri
Dzeko
Bony
Navas
Aguero
Silva
Jovetic

The worst thing is that all of them will probably add their attacking stocks as most of them (except Manure) have been relatively quiet in the transfer market.

Your point that they are being led by managers who have won silverware and managed at the top level and WE AREN'T hammers home how far behind we have fallen.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:39 am

eds » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:09 am wrote:But when you compare them to the other four top sides RBS, is our attack really good enough?

Us
Benteke
Sturridge
Balotelli
Ings
Origi
Firmino
Coutinho
Lallana
Markovic
Ibe

The Russian Mafia
Fabregas
Oscar
Falcao
Hazard
Willian
Cuadrado
Remy
Costa

The French Foreign Legion
Ozil
Giroud
Sanchez
Walcott
Ramsey
Oxlande-Chamberlain
Cazorla
Rosicky
Welbeck

Manure the Red
Di Maria
Mata
Rooney
Januzaj
Young
Valencia
Depay
Schweinsteiger

Manure the Blue
Toure
Sterling
Nasri
Dzeko
Bony
Navas
Aguero
Silva
Jovetic

The worst thing is that all of them will probably add their attacking stocks as most of them (except Manure) have been relatively quiet in the transfer market.

Your point that they are being led by managers who have won silverware and managed at the top level and WE AREN'T hammers home how far behind we have fallen.

I honestly believe if those attacking players were handed over to a manager of Klopp's ilk  ,something joyous would evolve. Firmino ,Coutinho,Markovic,Ibe
and Lallana ,in terms of creative strings are the makings of a managers wet dream mate.....We just need an orchestrator, and regrettably the current incumbent wields the conductors baton like a fucking rounder's bat.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:15 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:46 am wrote:Benteke
Sturridge
Balotelli
Ings
Origi
Firmino
Coutinho
Lallana
Markovic
Ibe

There's some real attacking talent in that group ,however ,my primary concerns remain the same as last season ,and that's handing them over to a man without a plan  ???

Exactly. We have a handy squad with 2 players for every position but what is our strategy?
With a clear and precise strategy everything fits together but if we just play the same 11 every week, in/out of position, in/out of form, right/wrong style for individual games/opponents then it's all been (another) waste of money.

Liverpool have to stop building squads and take the one they have and make it successful. You can see Van Gaal has rolled the dice big style, if he pulls it off then we're on the back foot again....
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:41 pm

As long as Sturridge can get games this season we will remain competitive, but if he doesn't I think we are asking a lot of Benteke and Firmino.

Lallana needs to have a solid season and show us why we bought him, I'm still not convinced as he gives us nothing when we don't have the ball.

I'm praying that we get another CM before the season starts and if we need to sell off Allen and Lucas so be it. They just aren't good enough.

I have a feeling that Rodgers will sort out the tactics early because he is walking a very,very tight line now.

I would be amazed if we see the same ineptness we saw with formations and structures early on last season.

On another note, I am really happy Manure are selling off Di Maria, great player but never wanted to play in England. Just hoping the shower of s.h.it don't go after Bale.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:58 pm

Comparing our squad to the other 4 you mention

Defence

1 Chelsea
2 Arsenal
3 Man city
4 Us
5 Manchester United

Midfield

1 Manchester United
2 Arsenal
3 Chelsea
4 Man city
5 us

Attack

1 Man city
2 Chelsea
3 Us
4 Arsenal
5 United

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:33 am

How is our attack better than Arsenals?

eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:02 pm

I don't know if it's our best XI but this is the team I'd go with at Old Trafford, f[uck] this negative s[hit], cancel Markovic's loan and let's get back to Brendan's original philosophy, if we get hammered we get hammered but at least we'll go down swinging.
Adding 2 ball playing CB's (Sakho, Ilorri) to our back line should help us keep the aimless hoofing to a minimum, the 3 AM's will give Benteke plenty of support too. Adding Markovic and Ilorri will inject a bit of pace into the side as well.

Mingolet

Skrtel.          Ilorri.         Sakho

Lucas.       

Milner.             Henderson

Markovic.        Coutinho.        Firmino

Benteke

Won't happen like, the 2015 version of Brendan will no doubt pack the side out with defenders and hope for a draw.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:19 pm

Mingolet

Clyne           Skrtel.           Sakho         Gomez

Henderson (If fit)    Milner.    Lucas.        Firmino

Coutinho.   
                                    Benteke

I know it won't be a 4-4-2 but this is the team I'd start with.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:25 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:02 am wrote:I don't know if it's our best XI but this is the team I'd go with at Old Trafford, f[uck] this negative s[hit], cancel Markovic's loan and let's get back to Brendan's original philosophy, if we get hammered we get hammered but at least we'll go down swinging.
Adding 2 ball playing CB's (Sakho, Ilorri) to our back line should help us keep the aimless hoofing to a minimum, the 3 AM's will give Benteke plenty of support too. Adding Markovic and Ilorri will inject a bit of pace into the side as well.

Mingolet

Lucas.       

Benteke

Won't happen like, the 2015 version of Brendan will no doubt pack the side out with defenders and hope for a draw.

That team would get destroyed by anyone half decent, Markovic and Firmino as Wing backs? i cant see how that would ever work. Id go for something like this vs Utd

Mignolet

Clyne                               Skrtl                                     Sakho                     Gomez

Lucas

Milner                                                                                     Hendo

Couthino

Firminho                    Benteke
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:42 pm

Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:25 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:02 am wrote:I don't know if it's our best XI but this is the team I'd go with at Old Trafford, f[uck] this negative s[hit], cancel Markovic's loan and let's get back to Brendan's original philosophy, if we get hammered we get hammered but at least we'll go down swinging.

Mingolet

Lucas.       

Benteke

That team would get destroyed by anyone half decent, Markovic and Firmino as Wing backs? i cant see how that would ever work. Id go for something like this vs Utd

Mignolet

Clyne                               Skrtl                                     Sakho                     Gomez

Lucas

Milner                                                                                     Hendo

Couthino

Same starting line up as myself Mr. Fowler, albeit you have Firmino alongside Big Ben  :bowdown
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:49 pm

Against most team i would go like this: 3 CB's ,

Mignolet

Clyne                               Skrtl                                     Sakho                     

Milner + Hendo/Can

Ibe/Lallna              Couthino     Firminho

Inges            Benteke
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:28 pm

only me » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:49 pm wrote:Against most team i would go like this: 3 CB's ,

Mignolet

Clyne                               Skrtl                                     Sakho                     

Milner + Hendo/Can

Ibe/Lallna              Couthino     Firminho

Inges            Benteke

Firmino as left wing back?

Good one.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:38 pm

When Sturridge is fit we are gonna have some decent attacking options.

Mignolet

Clyne      Skrtel   Sakho     Gomez

Henderson

Milner      Coutinho

Sturridge                Firmino

Benteke
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Fowler_E7 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:25 pm wrote:

Mingolet

Lucas.       

Benteke

Mignolet

Lucas

Couthino

Are you reading my team upside down or something? Markovic and Firmino are attacking midfielders, there are 7 players behind them that can take care of defensive responsibilities.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:23 pm

I still maintain by best 11:

Mignolet

Clynne.           Skrtle.       Sakho.       Moreno

Can.                Milner
                            Coutinho
           Firmino.                      Sturridge
                             Benteke

Hopefully when Sturridge comes back, we'll line up this way.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion