LFC Preseason Matches 2015

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:40 pm

I know it couldn't be helped due to late arrivals and international tournaments etc but once again here we are 2 games away from the opening game of the season and our best XI haven't started a game together yet.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:04 am

No they havent and we also have only faced weak opposition, while the like of ManU, Man City and arsenl are facing top European clubs in pre-season we are playing against teams that would struggle in our third division, the question is will we be ready for the opening PL games
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:22 pm

Boocity » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:04 am wrote:No they havent and we also have only faced weak opposition, while the like of ManU, Man City and arsenl are facing top European clubs in pre-season we are playing against teams that would struggle in our third division, the question is will we be ready for the opening PL games

For some reason mate we hardly ever start a season well, 2013 was the exception but generally we tend to be slow out of the blocks, I was hoping this season would be different but as you say our preperation hasn't been ideal.

2009 - we were beaten by Spurs at WHL
2010 - we drew against Arsenal at Anfield (last minute Reina mistake cost us 3 points)
2011 - we drew 1-1 with Sunderland at Anfield
2012 - we were battered 3-0 by West Brom at the Hawthorns
2013 - we beat Sunderland 2-1 at Anfield (Mingolet saved us with a late pen save)
2014 - we beat Southampton 2-1 in an unconvincing home win, they were the better side on the day

I don't think it's a coincidence that out of that lot the one season we had a great start is the one season where we finished in the top 4.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:39 am

Agreed so it is imperative that we do start well, he needs to be playing his starting 11 in the last couple of preseason games, no more players that we want to sell or kids he wants to blood.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:16 pm

I don't think it's a coincidence that out of that lot the one season we had a great start is the one season where we finished in the top 4.

And to make things more weird, in that season we came second we played the likes of:

Preston NE
Indonesia XI
Melbourne V
Thailand
Valerenga
Shamrock Rovers
Celtic
Olympiakos

Most of those are considered week.

:;):
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:07 pm

We play on saturday again away to helsinki and then 24 hrs later we play swindon   :eyebrow  Are we going to field 2 different sides because its asking a lot of those who travel to line up again next day.

We need to play our best 11 for at least 90 mins in one of those.

Mignolet

clyne                   skrtel                   sakho           moreno

milner          hendo

llama                   coutinho               firmino

Benteke

That game against swindon would have been better if it was on tuesday so then our best 11 have a proper chance to play in both before the league starts on sunday.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:08 pm

what happened to Buck ? :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:50 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:07 pm wrote:We play on saturday again away to helsinki and then 24 hrs later we play swindon   :eyebrow  Are we going to field 2 different sides because its asking a lot of those who travel to line up again next day.

We need to play our best 11 for at least 90 mins in one of those.

Mignolet

clyne                   skrtel                   sakho           moreno

milner          hendo

llama                   coutinho               firmino

Benteke

That game against swindon would have been better if it was on tuesday so then our best 11 have a proper chance to play in both before the league starts on sunday.

Decent side that mate although I think Ibe would offer us more than Lallana, especially down the right, one of the few positives from that last friendly was Ibe's link up with Clyne. The 2 of them looked very sharp and athletic, there was  definately something there to build on for the future.
I'd like to see Can in for Hendo as well but that ain't going to happen especially with Rodgers giving him the armband, even so this would be my preferred XI

Mingolet

Clyne.              Skrtel.            Sakho.           Moreno

Can.              Milner

Ibe.                   Coutinho.                Firmino

Benteke
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:56 pm

I did consider Ibe down the right but didn't include him as he still lacks end product. Even though I am critical of the llama he has played RW for so'ton before and his end product is much better.  Id would drop him for lucas and put milner RW which would also work. IMO he will be apart of the front 3 behind benteke rather than DM.
In order to keep improving Ibe he would be one of the first subs every week for me.

No way is hendo being dropped  :no It would only make a tit of the lad seeing as he is captain and deemed not good enough to be in the team.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:41 pm

Looking like Benteke and Firmino will miss out on the Helsinki game for some reason or other :down:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... ki-9760629?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:44 pm

You'd imagine they will play some part against Swindon then mate, maybe a half each or something.
Looks like some of our players are going to be seriously undercooked for the start of the season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:48 pm

Our pre season has been a joke ,I mean you only have to look at the fixtures today , City v Stuttgart ,Bitterz v Leeds ,Newcastle v Borussia M'Gladbach
all competitive games and all at home ,and we're  travelling to fucking Finland  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:23 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:48 pm wrote:Our pre season has been a joke ,I mean you only have to look at the fixtures today , City v Stuttgart ,Bitterz v Leeds ,Newcastle v Borussia M'Gladbach
all competitive games and all at home ,and we're  travelling to fucking Finland  ???

Gotta agree, fixtures have been a joke to be honest. Given the start we have I would have thought we'd be giving our strongest starting 11 at least 1 or 2 games with considerable minutes to get to grips with what will undoubtedly be a new look side playing a new formation. Not quite sure what the issue with Benteke and Firmino is but its a shame they arent getting some sort of run before the season starts.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:37 pm

aCe' » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:23 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:48 pm wrote:Our pre season has been a joke ,I mean you only have to look at the fixtures today , City v Stuttgart ,Bitterz v Leeds ,Newcastle v Borussia M'Gladbach

Gotta agree, fixtures have been a joke to be honest. Given the start we have I would have thought we'd be giving our strongest starting 11 at least 1 or 2 games with considerable minutes to get to grips with what will undoubtedly be a new look side playing a new formation. Not quite sure what the issue with Benteke and Firmino is but its a shame they arent getting some sort of run before the season starts.

Those two players are going to hit the season cold mate ,and considering they're both huge outlays in a monetary sense ,and given Benteke is a player we will have to integrate into an alternate system, its smacks of extreme naivety believing we will hit the ground running.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:41 pm

Any more negative comments anyone?  Just aren't enough in this thread
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games