Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby eds » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:03 am

I'm just happy we are being linked with quality for once.

This club's fortunes would turn over night if it somehow landed Reus.

World class and for 46m is an absolute bargain.

We can only keep dreaming..........
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby C-R » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:32 pm

Sampdoria president Massimo Ferrero has revealed that the club are keen to sign Mario Balotelli, if they lower their asking price. (Mail)

West Brom are pushing for Rickie Lambert, although Norwich City have entered the fray. (Birmingham Mail)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:25 pm

C-R » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:32 am wrote:Sampdoria president Massimo Ferrero has revealed that the club are keen to sign Mario Balotelli, if they lower their asking price. (Mail)

West Brom are pushing for Rickie Lambert, although Norwich City have entered the fray. (Birmingham Mail)

Lower is to what? They don't have the money anyway and will probably want a loan. Tell them to feck off or pay up.

As for Lambert, it's good to see a few clubs in for him. Hopefully we'll recoup what we paid out for him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:08 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:25 pm wrote:
C-R » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:32 am wrote:Sampdoria president Massimo Ferrero has revealed that the club are keen to sign Mario Balotelli, if they lower their asking price. (Mail)

Lower is to what? They don't have the money anyway and will probably want a loan. Tell them to feck off or pay up.

As for Lambert, it's good to see a few clubs in for him. Hopefully we'll recoup what we paid out for him.

Balotelli has no future here under rodgers  :no The fans know it, the player knows it and so does everyone else which is adding to the problem of getting a fair price. There isn't a host of clubs looking for him either so technically he is only worth what is being offered.

The other option is keep him where he rarely features, Costs a years wage and ends up in the same predicament next summer when he will be certainly be worth less that whats offered now.

Our problem is that we don't cut the deadwood when we should and they end up weighing us down. The lesson that needs to be learned is stop overpaying for players in the first place and stop buying pieces off another jigsaw hoping they fit :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:24 pm

Given the choice, I'd keep Mario over Lambert and Borini.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:31 pm

7_Kewell » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:24 pm wrote:Given the choice, I'd keep Mario over Lambert and Borini.

Me too, Balotelli certainly has quality and i wouldn't write him off just yet.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:31 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:24 pm wrote:Given the choice, I'd keep Mario over Lambert and Borini.

Never ,Mario is a hoax and a sham should never been signed the first to be kicked out. Terrible example to any young footballer out their.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:51 pm

Choosing between Lambert,Borini or Balotelli to keep I would keep Balotelli every time

Although Lambert will work his ***** off for this club unfortunately he isn't good enough. Borini is a mercenary and isn't bothered about playing he just wants money where as Balotelli is LAzy but wants to play he has got talent if we utilize him in the right way he just will be way down in the pecking order

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:33 pm

only me » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:46 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:31 pm wrote:

Never ,Mario is a hoax and a sham should never been signed the first to be kicked out. Terrible example to any young footballer out their.

Mario is a good player, his hold up play is top drawer it's just that for a CF he doesn't get himself into enough goal scoring positions. That doesn't mean he can't develop his game though, he is still only 24 and I'd quite like to see him and Benteke paired up front before we sold him on. I think those 2 have the potential to be a real handful, not many defenders would fancy facing that much power, size and pace every week.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:24 am

Agree Yakka, we have nothing else to lose.

Let's see how they go early on and whether the two big fellas can combine up front.

If it doesn't work we get Sturridge back in October anyway and can rotate Ings and Origi up front and try them out.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:14 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:33 pm wrote:
Mario is a good player, his hold up play is top drawer it's just that for a CF he doesn't get himself into enough goal scoring positions. That doesn't mean he can't develop his game though, he is still only 24 and I'd quite like to see him and Benteke paired up front before we sold him on. I think those 2 have the potential to be a real handful, not many defenders would fancy facing that much power, size and pace every week.

Your faith in Balotelli is commendable Yakka but I think it's misplaced. Few would dispute that Balotelli has the skill set to become a top player, however most would argue that the mindset just doesn't seem to be there.

We've got enough underachievers within the squad as it is. In all honesty imo the sooner he's gone the better it will be for the club.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:39 pm

In defense of Ballotelli one of the few times we played really well last season was the 3 - 0 away victory over spurs when Ballotelli and Sturridge played up together and looked very good together, they never played together again even when Sturridge returned from injury. If you look at Ballotelli's career the guy always struggles when played up top by himself, it dosent suit him, hes no Drogba or Benteke and he tends to do quite well when playing with a partner for Inter, Man City and Milan.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:11 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:14 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:33 pm wrote:

Your faith in Balotelli is commendable Yakka but I think it's misplaced. Few would dispute that Balotelli has the skill set to become a top player, however most would argue that the mindset just doesn't seem to be there.

We've got enough underachievers within the squad as it is. In all honesty imo the sooner he's gone the better it will be for the club.

I would. Going back to his Man City days I never understood the reputation he had as a potentially world class player. All I saw was a decent striker who had enough attributes to score at a decent enough rate for a top 10 club. Although I wasn’t over the moon when we signed him I wasn’t disappointed considering the price we paid and we were at the end of the window.

But having watched him last season closely I can’t believe how one dimensional his play is and how poor his movement is. And despite what he may try to portray, you can tell from his body language that he isn’t really that confident. He constantly buries his chin into his chest and looks around nervously. He’s hold up play is also overrated as the second phase of holdup play is to use the ball quickly and intelligently but he doesn’t do either.

I think a lot of the hype around him still comes from his younger days when he was quite good in his age group and Italy being desperate for a top quality striker. He was propelled above his actual ability but he’s level is somewhere in mid table in Serie A.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:05 pm

I'm not surprised he didn't look overly confident last season, practically the moment he arrived all the papers were full of stories that the manager didn't want him, that would be enough to knock anyone's confidence.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:40 am

Some papers are reporting that we have sent people over to Barcelona to tie up a deal for their young winger Adama Traoré

Never seen him play myself, anyone watched him ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill