Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Soupyzrx » Sat May 30, 2015 2:27 pm

Big Niall » Fri May 29, 2015 10:50 am wrote:The Owners should get rid of that clown Rogers along with Balotelli, Borini, Aspas, Lambert, Lallana, Lovren, (assume Johnson going) and markovic,

Really? Is that all? Does that mean you'd keep Mignolet, Henderson and Joe Allen, amongst others?  I wouldn't.
(And I agree with all the rest of the names on your list by the way.)
Actually, there are very few names in the squad that I would want to keep.
Whoever is manager next season will definitely be trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, unless he brings in 10 or 11 top quality players, since we don't really have any, and we know that ain't gonna happen.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun May 31, 2015 8:52 am

Soupyzrx wrote:
Big Niall » Fri May 29, 2015 10:50 am wrote:The Owners should get rid of that clown Rogers along with Balotelli, Borini, Aspas, Lambert, Lallana, Lovren, (assume Johnson going) and markovic,

Really? Is that all? Does that mean you'd keep Mignolet, Henderson and Joe Allen, amongst others?  I wouldn't.
Whoever is manager next season will definitely be trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, unless he brings in 10 or 11 top quality players, since we don't really have any, and we know that ain't gonna happen.

Only 10 or 11?
:laugh:
Thommo's perm

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun May 31, 2015 9:30 am

I would keep..

Mignolet
Can
Skrtel
Sakho
Henderson
Coutinho
Sturridge
Ibe

Moreno and Markovic I still have question marks over, and the rest we should get rid off.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:22 am

Soupyzrx » Sat May 30, 2015 1:27 pm wrote:

I forgot about Allen , I guess I never notice him as he does f-all. You are right about Mignolet too ( that Rodgers is some chump !) . Henderson is good enough though, unfair to expect him to be the next Stevie , decent player.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:26 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sun May 31, 2015 8:30 am wrote:I would keep..

Mignolet
Can
Skrtel
Sakho
Henderson
Coutinho
Sturridge
Ibe

Moreno and Markovic I still have question marks over, and the rest we should get rid off.

Can, Henderson, coutinho (despite being too lazy to track Rooney) , breadstick legs  , Ibe and Flanagan (although he is at risk of making Darren Anderton look unbreakable)

Moreno and Markovic are both David Brent level players.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:29 am

Thommo's perm » Sat May 30, 2015 9:15 am wrote:Did Rodgers sign him? Really? I thought it was a committee?
They took a gamble on him, it didnt work, get rid
:nod

You think the committee would sign him if David Brent said he's krap ! ?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:58 pm

What's going on with this lad? Is he staying, going or becoming our new mascot?

He's talented and was worth the gamble, but he's shown pish all since he's come here and I don't think he's rated all that much by BR anymore. There's even talk of him going on loan to a third division team in Italy...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:47 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:58 pm wrote:What's going on with this lad? Is he staying, going or becoming our new mascot?

He's talented and was worth the gamble, but he's shown pish all since he's come here and I don't think he's rated all that much by BR anymore. There's even talk of him going on loan to a third division team in Italy...

Don't think Rodgers rated him to begin with and its clear he does not want him now.

Had read those rumors about that loan  :D I reckon it was that club looking for a bit of PR as they had to of known he was never going to accept it. Its a bit of an insult to him in fairness  but I thought he handled it well.

Any way the Euro's are next summer and if he stays here then he may forget about a call up. He has a big decision to make and I reckon he will be off on loan before the window closes.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:51 pm

I would keep him, give him games in cups and maybe few prem game, if he plays well. His price tag may rise and next season who knows maybe we will get a decent price for him.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:48 pm

Dishes laundry toilets that's what I would give him...and that's just Rodgers don't get me started on Mario.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:07 pm

only me » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:48 pm wrote:Dishes laundry toilets that's what I would give him...and that's just Rodgers don't get me started on Mario.

You never know mate maybe he will come good.
There's a lot of new faces at the club now and different dynamics at play, for all we know Benteke and Mario could just click like Keegan and Toshack.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby killerp » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:54 am

Why is this club always trying to repair broken players!!!!!!!!!!

Officially renaming this place....

killerp

Postby kazza » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:42 pm

It's the time of year when managers have to talk up players they would like to personally chauffeur to another continent, bare-foot on a pedalo.

A straight face is fixed and potential buyers told the outcast is part of his plans so they’ll need to bring some serious readies to the table if his mind is to be changed.

It’s what Brendan Rodgers is doing with Mario Balotelli. Saying he’s training hard and his future is in his own hands, in the hope some mugs will give him half the £16 million wasted on him last summer.

Even though, if Balotelli wants to stay a professional footballer, he’s got as much control over his working life as a Nepalese welder stuck on a girder in a Qatar World Cup stadium.

It’s looking like he’ll head back to Italy, for a nominal fee, or on loan, with Liverpool paying most of his wages, and, if so, he’ll probably shrug and say “if Rodgers can’t coax out my genius that’s not really my fault, it’s his.”

Just at it was the fault of all the other managers who mistakenly believed they could polish this raw talent into a gem.

His number one admirer, Noel Gallagher, told talkSPORT this week that Balotelli has more potential than any other player to be a rock ‘n’ roll star. I hope for Mario’s sake he’s right because the chances of him becoming a true football star decrease by the season.

He turns 25 next month, and there’s a place in Italy’s European Championship squad to be had, so you’d think that this summer he’d be desperate to get his career back on track by hitting the gym or going the extra mile with a personal trainer.

Instead we have one image of him: Cracking up his mates as he tries to head a ball into a bin while riding an electric two-wheel scooter.

A contrasting image of another striker who made a big money move to England last summer has just emerged on You Tube. It’s of Alexis Sanchez working out on a Chilean beach, three weeks after winning the Copa America, and halfway through his summer holiday.

As Bullseye’s Jim Bowen would have put it to Rodgers “have a look at what you could have won.”

Here was the man he’d wanted to replace Luis Suarez looking like a lean, muscular, intensely focussed machine, priming himself to make an even bigger impact in his second Premier League season.

Anyone comparing the image with the scooter-riding Balotelli would conclude Arsenal got Rambo while Liverpool got Dumbo.

Jose Mourinho talks about Eden Hazard being better than Ronaldo but I’m with Arsene Wenger. The next global superstar playing for an English club might just be Sanchez.

Apart from natural talent, his hunger and work-rate are phenomenal, which is why he played 72 games in the last calendar year at club and international level. And why he’s probably pounding the beach right now.

Wenger knows what a tremendous asset his work ethic is as he tries to teach younger players how to win. Rodgers meanwhile, knows what a burden Balotelli’s attitude is, which is why he wants him out.

Sanchez cost £33million but he’s priceless. Balotelli cost £16 million but, currently, he’s worthless. Because he has no appetite to work or learn.

You want to know why it’s always you, Mario, who managers wash their hands of? Because, unlike Sanchez, who isn’t happy until he’s squeezed out every drop of his considerable talent, you lack the professional pride to attempt it.

Which is strange. As pride usually comes before the fall.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:50 am

Brilliant article Kazza, thanks for posting.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:15 pm

kazza » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:42 pm wrote:It's the time of year when managers have to talk up players they would like to personally chauffeur to another continent, bare-foot on a pedalo.

A straight face is fixed and potential buyers told the outcast is part of his plans so they’ll need to bring some serious readies to the table if his mind is to be changed.

It’s what Brendan Rodgers is doing with Mario Balotelli. Saying he’s training hard and his future is in his own hands, in the hope some mugs will give him half the £16 million wasted on him last summer.

Even though, if Balotelli wants to stay a professional footballer, he’s got as much control over his working life as a Nepalese welder stuck on a girder in a Qatar World Cup stadium.

It’s looking like he’ll head back to Italy, for a nominal fee, or on loan, with Liverpool paying most of his wages, and, if so, he’ll probably shrug and say “if Rodgers can’t coax out my genius that’s not really my fault, it’s his.”

Just at it was the fault of all the other managers who mistakenly believed they could polish this raw talent into a gem.

His number one admirer, Noel Gallagher, told talkSPORT this week that Balotelli has more potential than any other player to be a rock ‘n’ roll star. I hope for Mario’s sake he’s right because the chances of him becoming a true football star decrease by the season.

He turns 25 next month, and there’s a place in Italy’s European Championship squad to be had, so you’d think that this summer he’d be desperate to get his career back on track by hitting the gym or going the extra mile with a personal trainer.

Instead we have one image of him: Cracking up his mates as he tries to head a ball into a bin while riding an electric two-wheel scooter.

A contrasting image of another striker who made a big money move to England last summer has just emerged on You Tube. It’s of Alexis Sanchez working out on a Chilean beach, three weeks after winning the Copa America, and halfway through his summer holiday.

As Bullseye’s Jim Bowen would have put it to Rodgers “have a look at what you could have won.”

Here was the man he’d wanted to replace Luis Suarez looking like a lean, muscular, intensely focussed machine, priming himself to make an even bigger impact in his second Premier League season.

Anyone comparing the image with the scooter-riding Balotelli would conclude Arsenal got Rambo while Liverpool got Dumbo.

Jose Mourinho talks about Eden Hazard being better than Ronaldo but I’m with Arsene Wenger. The next global superstar playing for an English club might just be Sanchez.

Apart from natural talent, his hunger and work-rate are phenomenal, which is why he played 72 games in the last calendar year at club and international level. And why he’s probably pounding the beach right now.

Wenger knows what a tremendous asset his work ethic is as he tries to teach younger players how to win. Rodgers meanwhile, knows what a burden Balotelli’s attitude is, which is why he wants him out.

Sanchez cost £33million but he’s priceless. Balotelli cost £16 million but, currently, he’s worthless. Because he has no appetite to work or learn.

You want to know why it’s always you, Mario, who managers wash their hands of? Because, unlike Sanchez, who isn’t happy until he’s squeezed out every drop of his considerable talent, you lack the professional pride to attempt it.

Which is strange. As pride usually comes before the fall.

Sadly hits the nail on the head.

I'm still hoping the lad will pull his head out of his a$$ and realise that his career as a top flight footballer is slipping away form him. However, despite everything, he doesn't really seem to get it. Pity, because he has the talent.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion