RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Don't agree with that blogger at all. If he is Suarez, yes byball means try to keep him. But he is so operated that 50 million, us pocketing 40, is a no brained. He can't even do the basics in front of goal, like finishing or passing passing.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:44 pm

maguskwt » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:06 pm wrote:Don't agree with that blogger at all. If he is Suarez, yes byball means try to keep him. But he is so operated that 50 million, us pocketing 40, is a no brained. He can't even do the basics in front of goal, like finishing or passing passing.

Stupid android auto complete...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:23 pm

Get rid of him. He has disrespected the club, manager and the fans that gave him the chance to make a name for himself on the big stage. Give him his move and no doubt in a few seasons he will end up on the scrapheap like Wright Phillips, Rodwell, SInclair etc, playing for some mid-lower table club
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:49 pm

When Gerrard was considering opting for Chelsea he didn't  cause unrest like this goof has. SG was just weighing his options and decided to stay. This little goof thinks his a ready made star and tbh if Citeh give 50 mill than i say thank you very much sheikhs. Imo Sterling is worth around 25-30 mill.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:40 pm

Sterling will be with Liverpool FC for club's pre-season tour

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... on-9609422

Liverpool expect Raheem Sterling to be part of their squad for the pre-season tour of the Far East and Australia as the club’s pursuit of Christian Benteke rumbles on.

The Reds have been prepared for a third bid from Manchester City for Sterling since they rejected an improved offer of £35million rising to £40million last month.

However, three weeks on, there has been no further talks between the clubs with City reluctant to meet Liverpool’s £50million valuation.

Unless City make a decisive move in the coming days then Sterling, who reported back to Melwood for the start of pre-season on Monday, will fly with Brendan Rodgers’ men to Thailand on Sunday. Their first tour game is in Bangkok next Tuesday.

Despite the England international making it clear that he wants to move to the Etihad, the 20-year-old has been told that in the absence of an acceptable offer then he will be held to the final two years of his existing £35,000 per week contract.

Liverpool found themselves in a similar situation on tour two years ago when Luis Suarez was trying to engineer a move to Arsenal. The Reds refused to bow to his demands and the Uruguayan striker was later banished to train on his own before accepting he was going nowhere and knuckling down.

Reds respectful of Villa position
City, who are expected to spend big this summer after UEFA eased their Financial Fair Play restrictions, fly to Australia on Thursday for an 11-day training camp on Queensland’s Gold Coast.

While Sterling’s immediate future remains unclear, there is also no resolution in sight to Liverpool’s interest in Benteke.

The big Belgian frontman is due to report back for pre-season with Aston Villa on Wednesday ahead of their trip to Portugal the following day.

Benteke is expected to inform boss Tim Sherwood of his desire to leave the Midlands outfit. However, he will be told that Villa will only sell if a club meets the £32.5million release clause in his contract.

Liverpool aren’t willing to go that high as they value him around £20million to £25million but they retain hope that a compromise can still be reached. It remains to be seen whether the player’s determination to move on does eventually lead to Villa lowering their demands,

Anfield officials are respectful of Villa’s position on the basis that Liverpool have adopted a similarly hardline stance with Sterling – placing a price on a player they don’t want to lose which they insist is non-negotiable.

Like Sterling, Benteke also has two years remaining on his current contract and has made it clear he won’t pen an extension,
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:42 pm

Sorry but some of the stuff said about Sterling is a bit out of order.

All he has done is not sign a new contract - he is young and wants to go and win trophies

Just like lots of other players have left have done - his agent may have mouthed off but Sterling hasn't

I hope he stays and continues his development with us
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby andy c legs » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:07 pm

I'm sorry Buck but he has to go now mate.

It is about the money. Its also about how much dosh Aidy Ward  is going to make.

it's also now the fact that Carra was insulted by a no-mark who doesn't give two pence for the club.

It's also about the fact our club needs to ensure we ge as much dosh as possible and avoid an Owen and McManaman situation occuring.

It's also about the un-rest Sterling surely caused at the most pivotal point of last season - near the Utd game, when it was clear he was stalling on signing a new contract. We still don't know what affect that had on the side and our fortunes from then on in to the end of a limp season's finale.

He's got to go - NOW.
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:07 pm

If you asked me the question would I rather Sterling stayed and we not sign Benteke or vice versa then I'd say keep Sterling.

And I'm really annoyed with the whole "Sterling saga"

Im thinking Firmino, Sterling, and Sturridge when fit are gonna be too much for any side in the league.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:16 pm

andy c legs » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:07 pm wrote:I'm sorry Buck but he has to go now mate.

It is about the money. Its also about how much dosh Aidy Ward  is going to make.

it's also now the fact that Carra was insulted by a no-mark who doesn't give two pence for the club.

It's also about the fact our club needs to ensure we ge as much dosh as possible and avoid an Owen and McManaman situation occuring.

It's also about the un-rest Sterling surely caused at the most pivotal point of last season - near the Utd game, when it was clear he was stalling on signing a new contract. We still don't know what affect that had on the side and our fortunes from then on in to the end of a limp season's finale.

He's got to go - NOW.

Again your judging Sterling by the actions of his agent - Sterling didn't insult Carra and don't think it's all about money .

And yes we don't know what effect it had but if one players contract causes a team that much issues then there are bigger problems

Sterling is a highly talented player who needs to mature so I would prefer him to stay and develop as a player with us as it would benefit our team
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:27 am

Well judge Sterling on the latest revelations, that he met with the manager yesterday and told him he did not want to go on our pre season tour  :censored:

However the Echo are reporting this morning that he will be going on tour unless the expected bid comes in from City

I AIN'T GETTING ON NO PLANE FOOL
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:30 am

Sorry but I'm not having the 'it's his agent not him' argument.

Sterling pays his agent money to represent him. I'm betting they communicate a lot, especially this time of year when a move could be on the cards.

If his agent's views that have been aired in public don't match his own then he should have come out and said it, instead of embarrassing himself and the club with the laughing gas photos (again). That was a blatant attempt by him and his agent to soften the stance on selling him and lower the asking price. Pathetic behaviour.

The kid may be badly advised, but regardless he's someone we are better off without.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:38 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:44 am

No bother. We don't really want him on the tour anyway. Leave him behind, fine him for breach of contract and City will have paid the asking price by the time the squad get back.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:24 am

The club will fine him for refusing to do his job not that it will bother him too much.

Reality is the lad wants to leave the club and even with a contract nobody should be forced to stay in a job against their will.

I am no contract expert but it surprises me that clubs don't put in a penalty clause if you ask to move on early and a hefty fine is imposed (in the millions)
for breaking that agreement or openly pursuing a move away.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:44 am

parchpea » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:24 am wrote:The club will fine him for refusing to do his job not that it will bother him too much.

Reality is the lad wants to leave the club and even with a contract nobody should be forced to stay in a job against their will.

I am no contract expert but it surprises me that clubs don't put in a penalty clause if you ask to move on early and a hefty fine is imposed (in the millions)
for breaking that agreement or openly pursuing a move away.

I think you just answered that yourself.
"nobody should be forced to stay in a job against their will."
Pretty sure that there will be EU employment laws stating that such clauses are against human rights or such so...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion