Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:58 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:51 pm wrote:while I'm here Woof ,is there any other posters having a problem with the fonts changing size ,as it seems to be only happening on this site ?

Not had any problems myself and nobody's mentioned it to me mate.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:13 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:58 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:51 pm wrote:while I'm here Woof ,is there any other posters having a problem with the fonts changing size ,as it seems to be only happening on this site ?

Not had any problems myself and nobody's mentioned it to me mate.

Cheers mate ,seems its only occurring when I use Chrome anyway.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:19 am

Northern Echo (Newcastle) linking us with MOUSSA SISSOKO

MOUSSA SISSOKO has emerged as a leading contender to replace Steven Gerrard at Anfield, with Liverpool preparing to lodge a £10m offer with Newcastle United.
As Steve McClaren tries to focus on strengthening his squad as the pre-season programme steps up a notch this week, he could soon be forced into a decision over the Magpies’ key midfielder.

Newcastle have edged closer to signing PSV Eindhoven’s Giorginio Wijnaldum – a player The Northern Echo exclusively revealed was being targeted by McClaren on June 13 – after reportedly holding talks with his representatives.

But his arrival could coincide with Sissoko heading out of St James’ Park after Liverpool made contact.

Sources in France claim the 25-year-old is considering his future on Tyneside after a frustrating season in which Newcastle only managed to stay in the Premier League by claiming a win over West Ham on the final day of the campaign.

He is desperate to stay in the France reckoning for the European Championships which are due to be held in his homeland in 11 months time, but Newcastle are in a strong position because of the term remaining on his contract.

Sissoko’s deal does not expire until 2019 and Newcastle stand to make a hefty profit on the £1.8m buy from Toulouse. He has a number of potential suitors, including Arsenal and Manchester United who have both previously been mentioned, but Liverpool are making the biggest noises at this stage.

Unlike Newcastle, the Reds have done the majority of their transfer business already. Roberto Firmino, James Milner, Danny Ings, Nathaniel Clyne, Adam Bogdan and Joe Gomez have all been signed by Brendan Rodgers.

But Rodgers still thinks he needs another midfielder and Sissoko, with his driving runs and power, is seen as the man with the potential to fill the void left by Gerrard and hope to get Sissoko for less than £10m.

McClaren will not sell until he has made progress of his own on the transfer front. He could have added a couple of low-key signings already, but he is keen for his first buy to send out a statement.

And while Newcastle still hope Charlie Austin will sign, Wijnaldum is the likeliest deal at this stage even if there is still work to be done.

It was reported over the weekend in Holland that Newcastle have had preliminary talks with the 24-year-old and he has suggested that he is ready to move on this summer, although Paris St Germain are known to be among those to have expressed an interest.

Wijnaldum hinted earlier in the summer, though, that playing in the Premier League would tempt him. He said: “I speak with Leroy Fer and Tim Krul about England a lot. Tim has been in England since he was 17. He only says good things about England and living in Newcastle.

“You have better players and teams in England and for myself it is better to play in a better league against better players.”

Zenit St Petersburg had an £8m offer rejected earlier this year and PSV are holding out for £15m as he is under contract for a further three years.

Wijnaldum and Austin are the two marquee signings McClaren wants the most, although Bordeaux’s 22-year-old striker Diego Rolan is also in Newcastle’s thinking along with Anderlecht’s Aleksandar Mitrovic and Wolfsburg’s Bas Dost.

Crystal Palace, meanwhile, have admitted that they are trying to sign former Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye from PSG. Cabaye will team up with Alan Pardew again if Palace pull off the signing.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... ref=twtrec
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:37 am

Think Benteke will be announced in he next 2-3 weeks IMO
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:46 pm

Doeboy » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:37 am wrote:Think Benteke will be announced in he next 2-3 weeks IMO

That's quite a wide net you threw... 2-3 weeks  :rasp
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:13 pm

Lol,  well he is back in preseason training tomorrow apparently and will probably make noises about wanting to move and no doubt some compromise will be found between what we want to pay and the £32.5m clause Villa are after.

Doesn't sound as though there is any real serious inrerest in him from anyone else and he is seen as more of a fall back option by few other teams who have other targets they are chasing
Doeboy

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:21 pm

To be honest I think we're just waiting for the Sterling deal to be done first before approaching Benteke.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Still got doubts about Benteke being a good fit for us. Think I agree with John Barnes when he says we will have to change the way we play with Benteke in the team.

Will definitely give us something different but just not sure he is the kind of player to take us on a level which is what we desperately need
Doeboy

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:42 am

Not a liverpool rumour but looks as though Yohan Cabaye will sign for Palace 13m

Thought he would have been a good fit for us

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:45 am

If we really want Benteke, we should offer Villa Sterling in return for Benteke and £25M. That would maybe speed things along in the Citeh.
It would give the little money-grabber a tasty wee kick in the nuts too. I like that.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:48 pm

£28m for Lacazette anyone? I would prefer this to signing Benteke.. Lacazette would fit perfectly into our system.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 74397.html
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:51 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:48 pm wrote:£28m for Lacazette anyone? I would prefer this to signing Benteke.. Lacazette would fit perfectly into our system.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 74397.html

Would love this to happen and much more suited to us than Benteke. Unfortunately, I think theres quite a few CL teams interested in him and one being PSG who no doubt will throw piles of cash his way so would be very surprised and happy if he ended up at us but think it's unlikely. Was quoted as saying he wanted CL few weeks back to
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:19 pm

Lacazette is the type of player we should have went for last year when we had CL football to offer and over £100m burning a hole in our pocket. It's going to be tough to convince a player wanted by the likes of Bayern Munich and PSG that the Europa League is the place to be.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:51 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:19 pm wrote:Lacazette is the type of player we should have went for last year when we had CL football to offer and over £100m burning a hole in our pocket. It's going to be tough to convince a player wanted by the likes of Bayern Munich and PSG that the Europa League is the place to be.

Agree. Think we are a year too late with this one and the way his stock has risen last season, we would now have to compete against clubs with more cash and CL. Never say never but just cannot see this one happening now unfortunately
Doeboy

Postby Buck Rodgers » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:53 pm

The Lacazette rumours are IMO just journos rehashing old rumours - the player himself all but hinted that he wants to go to PSG and said he wants a CL club. It's just adding something into a paper on a slow day.

No doubt that Benteke is still the prime target
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill