possible club purchase

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy c legs » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:36 am

Hi everyone,

The other week one of the lads I know showed me a slither of a thread from another web site, o his mobile and it had on there the news that FSG were contemplating selling the club to Arabs!
Then I heard the same story on the radio during the past week.

Can anyone shed any light on this or add to it or was I just seeing and hearing things???? :eyebrow
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby killerp » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:10 am

I wonder how many barrels of oil LFC is worth right now?
killerp

Postby Homebooby » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:45 am

Depends on what you consider to be trustworthy info. I always think that everything is for sale always providing someone is willing to pay the price you did or didn't have in mind. The rumours I have been reading point to an approach to FSG by a party that was not expected but was an offer that FSG as businessmen took seriously. Allegedly this was before the seasons end is why activity has been strange at the club for the past months....Klopp wanting to come, but not actually coming, Brendan staying but the back room changing etc etc. Suggestion is that no major changes were made in case ownership changed and to avoid a potential Roy situation happening again. Continuity being the lesser of 2 evils.

There's more speculation that I'll avoid at the moment, but my personal opinion is that there's enough smoke for there to be at least a little fire. The rumours have been around for quite a while now and it only seems to be picking up, so I personally think there's an element of truth to it. As I started with, FSG are a business team first and foremost and I think that they had a strategy for taking a bargain and turning it into profit later down the line. I am not convinced that they were ever in for the long haul, but I do think that they were interested in the more global market that LFC operates in and how that could further their more direct business interests. Given where the interest is rumoured to be coming from, the market options are huge and I'm guessing that they're willing to do business regarding the club but I am not convinced that they understand or care about football per se, but I don't think they're keen to give up their market opportunities without locking it down in another way. I think that's the delay/discussion point.

Views/opinions generated from the same sources available to anyone with a google search engine. No affiliates with insider info. this message will self destruct......
Homebooby

Postby parchpea » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:36 pm

Given FFP has been relaxed and a strong possibility scrapped in the near future it leaves FSG high and dry seeing as the
restrictive legislation is what attracted them to them to the club, as they saw the field being 'levelled' to a large degree.

With that now all but out the window they cant or more like wont want to compete with a bigger field for players and end up
exposed at Anfield as rich owner clubs sweep up all the talent leaving them open for criticism.

I am pleased Anfield is being rebuilt but lets  not forget we are paying for it and FSG have only loaned the club the money so
its not been done as a favour.

In short FSG are unable to compete without FFP and I am in the camp that wont be too upset when they are gone, assuming
the sale is done right of course.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:03 pm

andy c legs » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:36 am wrote:Hi everyone,

The other week one of the lads I know showed me a slither of a thread from another web site, o his mobile and it had on there the news that FSG were contemplating selling the club to Arabs!

Can anyone shed any light on this or add to it or was I just seeing and hearing things???? :eyebrow

There were some heavy rumours FSG were contemplating selling up to a Dubai based group but that was TWO YEARS AGO !

Tell yer mate to clean up his old messages   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:12 pm

Don't think this lot are going to sell up anytime soon. Not unless someone makes them an offer they can't refuse. I would love to see it but I doubt it will happen in the near future.

I want to see them gone and replaced with more ambitious owners who aren't banking on FFP in order to compete. They say they have the money to rival anybody but they don't want to spend it and thats the biggest problem. I always thought the sox was the manure of baseball dominating it for years but they haven't. under FSG we will be just like them and thats more successful off the field than on it.
Now that they realized FFP is just a load of shyte won't make a difference because they are adept at pulling the wool over fans eye's and our net spend this year will show that. Finish 5th every year with the odd yo-yo trip to the CL won't bother them.

If they had as much knowledge about the football side of it as they have with the commercial end they would be perfect but they don't. They have no presence so very little interest in it as well. An owner with a bit of passion for the game would be ideal other than one's who show up to check balance sheets and a yearly photo-op.
Even though they are expanding the ground with a stand extension they shouldn't be praised for it as they aren't paying for it. The club is and so will the match goers after next season.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby andy c legs » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:35 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:03 pm wrote:
andy c legs » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:36 am wrote:Hi everyone,

There were some heavy rumours FSG were contemplating selling up to a Dubai based group but that was TWO YEARS AGO !

Tell yer mate to clean up his old messages   :D

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I'm sure it wasn't an old message WOOF. I'm on-the-ball usually when it comes to our clubs matters - mind we did go on the p*ss after!!! :rasp
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby eds » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:01 am

red till i die!! » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:12 pm wrote:Don't think this lot are going to sell up anytime soon. Not unless someone makes them an offer they can't refuse. I would love to see it but I doubt it will happen in the near future.

I want to see them gone and replaced with more ambitious owners who aren't banking on FFP in order to compete. They say they have the money to rival anybody but they don't want to spend it and thats the biggest problem. I always thought the sox was the manure of baseball dominating it for years but they haven't. under FSG we will be just like them and thats more successful off the field than on it.
Now that they realized FFP is just a load of shyte won't make a difference because they are adept at pulling the wool over fans eye's and our net spend this year will show that. Finish 5th every year with the odd yo-yo trip to the CL won't bother them.

If they had as much knowledge about the football side of it as they have with the commercial end they would be perfect but they don't. They have no presence so very little interest in it as well. An owner with a bit of passion for the game would be ideal other than one's who show up to check balance sheets and a yearly photo-op.
Even though they are expanding the ground with a stand extension they shouldn't be praised for it as they aren't paying for it. The club is and so will the match goers after next season.

Well said Red.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:20 am

The sell out conspiracy is the easiest one to latch onto........

FSG met with arabs a couple of years ago as Woof mentioned, looking to find a partner (not a sell out) to help finance the ground redevelopment. For whatever reason, it didn't work out. Since then, they've pumped their own money in and continue to do so. It still makes sense for them to sell a portion of the club to share the financial burden and taking into account who the club has recovered financially, they've committed to the stadium investment, attracted a host of new sponsors boosting club turnover (all evidenced in the club accounts) as well as investing in the squad, the club should be a more attractive proposition for a potential investor than it was 2 years ago. Apart from gossip, no one seems to have any evidence whatsoever the owners are actively looking for investors and just with recent goings on, they'll continue to keep their plans confidential anyway.

Anyone know who shot JFK?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:24 am

red till i die!! » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:12 am wrote:Even though they are expanding the ground with a stand extension they shouldn't be praised for it as they aren't paying for it. The club is and so will the match goers after next season.

Here we go into Alice in Wonderland territory again.... When did any business build a new factory, showroom or buy any asset and not fund it through increased revenue? That's the whole freckin' idea ffs.......  :help   :ghostface:  :help
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:00 am

red till i die!! » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:12 pm wrote:Don't think this lot are going to sell up anytime soon. Not unless someone makes them an offer they can't refuse. I would love to see it but I doubt it will happen in the near future.

Keep in mind the massive TV rights deal the premiership will receive for the 2016-2017 season. In excess of £5 BILLION

This incredible sum of money means the club that finishes bottom of the Premier League in the 2016-17 season will pocket £99m.

The champions will earn more than £150m in prize money and that is before additional fees are paid to clubs who stage more TV matches than others.

source BBC Sport

Why would FSG sell up now with that massive cash cow soon to come into play.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:40 am

Because without the prospect of a conspiracy, the donkey jackets of got nuttin' to moan about.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:08 pm

Reg » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:24 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:12 am wrote:Even though they are expanding the ground with a stand extension they shouldn't be praised for it as they aren't paying for it. The club is and so will the match goers after next season.

Here we go into Alice in Wonderland territory again.... When did any business build a new factory, showroom or buy any asset and not fund it through increased revenue? That's the whole freckin' idea ffs.......  :help   :ghostface:  :help

It depends what your expectations of owners are Reg. What we have are leeches feeding off the club who aren't willing to fund things themselves or make long term investments. They have no passion for the club or the game only at how they can pimp the brand for a few quid.
Plenty of business expand with new premises and don't see a return for years but under them the return has to come first. There is a high chance also that without this extra TV revenue we wouldn't even be getting a new stand and that's the way these operate. No commitments, No promises just unrealistic hopes that this revolutionary plan they have to transform the game works.
They are bottom of the barrel just like purslow said they were  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:14 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:00 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:12 pm wrote:Don't think this lot are going to sell up anytime soon. Not unless someone makes them an offer they can't refuse. I would love to see it but I doubt it will happen in the near future.

Keep in mind the massive TV rights deal the premiership will receive for the 2016-2017 season. In excess of £5 BILLION

This incredible sum of money means the club that finishes bottom of the Premier League in the 2016-17 season will pocket £99m.

The champions will earn more than £150m in prize money and that is before additional fees are paid to clubs who stage more TV matches than others.

source BBC Sport

Why would FSG sell up now with that massive cash cow soon to come into play.

Exactly woof  :nod Semtex would be needed to shift them.
When that money comes they will start blabbing that its no advantage because the other clubs got it as well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:42 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:08 pm wrote:
Reg » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:24 am wrote:

It depends what your expectations of owners are Reg. What we have are leeches feeding off the club who aren't willing to fund things themselves or make long term investments. They have no passion for the club or the game only at how they can pimp the brand for a few quid.
Plenty of business expand with new premises and don't see a return for years but under them the return has to come first. There is a high chance also that without this extra TV revenue we wouldn't even be getting a new stand and that's the way these operate. No commitments, No promises just unrealistic hopes that this revolutionary plan they have to transform the game works.
They are bottom of the barrel just like purslow said they were  :nod

How exactly are they "feeding" off the club ?

Any money made by the club goes directly back into the club in player purchases

They are currently funding the increase in the stadium which is exactly what they promised to do - that's £180 mil of their own money put into the club with a return in dividends.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion