Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:07 am

Konoplyanka having medical at Seville
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:12 am

Different players.

They are of course different players, but imo on paper the competition between them doesn't look any healthier than that of the strikers currently on our books.

Can only hope they prove to be more successful than their immediate predecessors.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Buck Rodgers » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:50 am

I think we will have to agree to disagree on that as I think on paper they are all a step up from last years "mob"
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby crazyhorse » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:08 pm

Spanish press stating we are competing with Citeh for the signature of Pedro. Barca keen to unload for around 15mill. Dont believe a word of it myself but would be a perfect replacement for sterling....
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:43 pm

the everlasting memory of seeing Pedro play was during either the euros or world cup when Spain needed a goal and he tried to take on the goalie and fluffed it up when if he'd of knocked the ball to his right either Torres or Villa had an open net. He strikes me as a touch greedy
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:47 am

Deportivo La Coruna are showing interest in Luis Alberto and Martin Skrtel has agreed a new three-year deal [Guardian]

Liverpool are trying to sign Brazilian teenager Allan Rodrigues de Souza in a £500,000 deal. Midfielder plays for SC Internacional [Express]
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:21 am

I think all this talk of Pedro etc is just media speculation, imo we'll just buy a CF and that will be our business done, we've already brought in 7 players (Firmino, Clyne, Milner, Ings, Bogdan, Gomez and that lad from Barcelona who's name escapes me atm) and someone like Benteke would take that total up to 8, that's a lot of players especially considering the club copped quite a bit of criticism for bringing in too many new faces last year.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:30 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:21 am wrote:I think all this talk of Pedro etc is just media speculation, imo we'll just buy a CF and that will be our business done, we've already brought in 7 players (Firmino, Clyne, Milner, Ings, Bogdan, Gomez and that lad from Barcelona who's name escapes me atm) and someone like Benteke would take that total up to 8, that's a lot of players especially considering the club copped quite a bit of criticism for bringing in too many new faces last year.

I hope its not Yakka ,because if you look at our acquisitions there's possibly only four that have been bought with the first team in mind ,those
being Firmino ,Milner and Clyne and probably Ings  ...I would be a bit fretful if they're the only established players we're intent on bringing in.

I think before we started acquiring players we all agreed we needed a CB a RB and a quality replacement for Gerrard ,with finally a world class
striker being our top priority,but with Sterling almost certain to leave Firmino was procured. Other than that I have no idea why such a glut of
inconsequential players are being added to the squad ,I'm hoping a few exciting talents will drop into the equation in the next few weeks ,and
firm up the first team.

As regards Gerrard's role either Pjanic ,Kovacic would be ideal ,but my personal choice if those cant be procured would be this lad ,he may be
28 now but he's got quality and game intelligence  written all over him ,and this may cause some debate ,but he's a better passer and crosser
of the ball than Gerrard.

Forgive me for being a football purist ,but  Candreva is a player I have watched a lot of and he is an exceptional football player and worth the
money for his unerring spot kicks and set pieces alone.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:54 pm

28 years?  :laugh:
Chance of happening 0%
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:09 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:18 pm

Penguins » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:54 pm wrote:28 years?  :laugh:
Chance of happening 0%

So we were playing the same percentage game when we signed Milner  ??? Thanks for your insight ,now Ill leave you to get back to compiling your next well thought out post   :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:10 pm

https://youtu.be/rHIv6IC531A

Didn't no where to post this. Miss having a "reliable" striker such as those two shown in the vid. They used to excite us fans alot. Both were awesome!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:38 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:30 pm wrote:Forgive me for being a football purist ,but  Candreva is a player I have watched a lot of and he is an exceptional football player and worth the

Deffo has skills but I do have reservations regarding players coming to us from Serie A, with the exception of the brazilian Coutinho I'm struggling to think of any other ex Serie A players that proved to be a success with us, the Dossena's, Aqualani's, Borini's and Balotelli's were all major disappointments.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:35 am

Agree woof. It's not just players coming to us from serie a, it's all premiership teams. The successes are few and far between.

Chelsea have done better than most, in the early days of the premier league when Gullet, Vialli, Zola, Desailly etc came over. But the Italian league was the stronger league back then with most of the world's best players. It's a shadow of its former self now, albeit going through a slight renaissance with Juve's resurgence, and players that stand out over there aren't necessarily top quality when they come over here.

Can't comment on candreva though, I just don't have the time to watch much foreign football these days.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:51 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:38 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:30 pm wrote:Forgive me for being a football purist ,but  Candreva is a player I have watched a lot of and he is an exceptional football player and worth the

Deffo has skills but I do have reservations regarding players coming to us from Serie A, with the exception of the brazilian Coutinho I'm struggling to think of any other ex Serie A players that proved to be a success with us, the Dossena's, Aqualani's, Borini's and Balotelli's were all major disappointments.

I know Serie A has been somewhat of a poison chalice for us mate ,but lets face it, our choices of players given the quality in that league have been decidedly poor ...I mean the likes of
Chelsea have opted for players from the same league such as Zola ,Vialli ,Di Matteo ,Cudicini ,so its  evident that there is quality there if you're prepared to pick from the top end of the
scale. I honestly think some top Italian players ply their trade in Seria A, it just seems we're intent to continually scrape the barrel mate.

Oh ,while I'm here Woof ,is there any other posters having a problem with the fonts changing size ,as it seems to be only happening on this site ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill