Trip to Liverpool - Oct 24th - Southampton @ home

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Homebooby » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:32 pm

Hi all,

I'm looking at planning a trip to the UK in October and after a bit of discussion with mates at home, we're looking to see if we can get up to Liverpool to see the game on the 24th. Just having turned the big 40, this would be my actual first trip to Anfield ever (I know it's a disgrace, but moving out of the country so many years ago has always given my lazy backside a reason not to make it over) and it's something I have been wanting to do ever since I became a fan (some 36/7 years ago) and particularly after being lucky enough to see the Littlewoods Cup final in 87 against Arsenal, despite the loss :)

All well and good and I don't expect many of you to give 2 shiny ***** and why should you?  :D 

The reason for posting was for tips/tricks/contacts....anything that might help me get my hands on some tickets. If anyone can help point me in the right direction, that would be fawesome
Homebooby

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:41 pm

Where you staying?
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Homebooby » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:57 pm

I come from Cardiff originally and will fly there and come up on the train. not sure where I'll be staying yet
Homebooby

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:41 am

Well if you don't have a club membership or a fan card the general sale is probably your best bet mate, although I do recall one of the Irish lads on here mentioning that local supporters clubs often have tickets going.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:41 am wrote:Well if you don't have a club membership or a fan card the general sale is probably your best bet mate, although I do recall one of the Irish lads on here mentioning that local supporters clubs often have tickets going.

That was me  :laugh:
The way it works with my local club is that you pay 20 quid to join for a year. They have their own trips organised where they go in large groups or you can put in a request for tickets for your own choice of match but you might not be guaranteed them. I have heard of a few season ticket holders who only go to about 4 games a year themselves so they let the club use the rest. Its still early July so he would have a good chance of getting them this way.

If its not an option then as you said yourself the general sale is the best bet. Just get as many people as you can ringing that hotline the second it goes live :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion