Liverpool fc history project - An education in progress

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laromasiamonoi » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:37 am

Hello, I am a fan of the Rome and a lot pleases me your fans .  We are about to build a new stadium and the journalists say that will be like to the New Anfield and ended for 2016.  In Rome we are excited from the thing, the Juventus that always had fans/sheep now has a stadium that has a pit.  I am imagining what it is able to be for those a stadium so near the field that with the Naples we are the better tifoseria of Italy.  I wanted it ask you if you are happy the inside design of the new anfield, I believe that perhaps for visibility the German be better.  However a thing is certain, the fans of Liverpool and Rome with stadiums so will be an arm in more
laromasiamonoi
LFC newBie

Postby cordsally » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:25 am

Yepp! :eyebrow
cordsally
LFC Basic Member

Postby Tibbers » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:55 pm

These were the good old days.

Liverpool came from 3–0 down at half time to level the score at 3–3 in the space of just six minutes and eventually triumphed 3–2 on penalties, with the assistance of goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek. Benítez's calm methodical approach at half time was said to give the players the belief they could pull off an improbable comeback and win Liverpool an historic fifth European Cup. ---- UEFA Champions League 2004-2005
Tibbers
LFC Basic Member

Postby supersub » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:56 pm

European Cup Final,1977

Liverpool 3  Borussia Moenchengladbach 1

In 1976-77 Liverpool were embarking on their 13th successive season in European football.The UEFA Cup had been won twice,the final of the Cup Winners Cup had been lost,but the record in the major competition,the European Cup,was disappointing.After the semi-final appearance in 1964-65,we had got no further than the second round in two subsequent efforts.By 1977 the Kop wanted a win to set the seal on Liverpool's greatness.
    Liverpool sought an amazing treble that season.The League Championship was safely gathered in.But 4 days before the European Cup Final,the FA Cup Final was lost,Manchester United cashing in on a little good fortune to win 2-1.The side had to pick itself up for Rome,and the clash with German Champions Borussia Moenchengladbach.
    They did their work well.Always looking dangerous,Liverpool struck in the 27th minute.Ian Callaghan fed Steve Heighway and moved outside him as Heighway cut in on one of his penetrating runs.As Kevin Keegan moved left,taking Berti Vogts with him,Terry McDermott sped towards the area in the inside-right position.Heighway's pass was perfectly weighted into his path,and Terry Mac stroked it first time into the far corner for a superb goal and a well deserved half-time lead.
      Six minutes after the interval,Phil Neal and Jimmy Case muddled and Case passed staight to Allan Simonsen,the brilliant Danish winger,who moved forward and scored with a tremendous cross-shot.Five minutes later Stielike was thwarted by a brilliant save from Clemence as he dashed of his line.We all thought this was like the FA Cup Final all over again,with Liverpool failing to convert steady pressure into goals and know falling for the sucker punch.
      But the 65th minute arrived.Heighway took a corner on the left,a red-shirted player leapt forward,like a salmon,and smacked the ball home with an unstoppable header.We all went crazy.To everybody's surprise it turned out to be Tommy Smith,playing because of injury to Phil Thompson,in what he announced as his last match (he later changed his mind).
       Liverpool were now on top,and when Keegan,who played brilliantly throughout,went dashing through the middle with7 minutes left to be tripped by Berti Vogts,Phil Neal made no mistake with the penalty.Emlyn Hughes held the trophy aloft and the team paraded in front of the 57,000 crowd,nearly half of whom had come from Liverpool.It was the best final for years,and the last,until 1984,to produce more than one goal.What a game,what a night!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:24 am

supersub » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:56 pm wrote:European Cup Final,1977

Liverpool 3  Borussia Moenchengladbach 1

In 1976-77 Liverpool were embarking on their 13th successive season in European football.The UEFA Cup had been won twice,the final of the Cup Winners Cup had been lost,but the record in the major competition,the European Cup,was disappointing.After the semi-final appearance in 1964-65,we had got no further than the second round in two subsequent efforts.By 1977 the Kop wanted a win to set the seal on Liverpool's greatness.
    Liverpool sought an amazing treble that season.The League Championship was safely gathered in.But 4 days before the European Cup Final,the FA Cup Final was lost,Manchester United cashing in on a little good fortune to win 2-1.The side had to pick itself up for Rome,and the clash with German Champions Borussia Moenchengladbach.
    They did their work well.Always looking dangerous,Liverpool struck in the 27th minute.Ian Callaghan fed Steve Heighway and moved outside him as Heighway cut in on one of his penetrating runs.As Kevin Keegan moved left,taking Berti Vogts with him,Terry McDermott sped towards the area in the inside-right position.Heighway's pass was perfectly weighted into his path,and Terry Mac stroked it first time into the far corner for a superb goal and a well deserved half-time lead.
      Six minutes after the interval,Phil Neal and Jimmy Case muddled and Case passed staight to Allan Simonsen,the brilliant Danish winger,who moved forward and scored with a tremendous cross-shot.Five minutes later Stielike was thwarted by a brilliant save from Clemence as he dashed of his line.We all thought this was like the FA Cup Final all over again,with Liverpool failing to convert steady pressure into goals and know falling for the sucker punch.
      But the 65th minute arrived.Heighway took a corner on the left,a red-shirted player leapt forward,like a salmon,and smacked the ball home with an unstoppable header.We all went crazy.To everybody's surprise it turned out to be Tommy Smith,playing because of injury to Phil Thompson,in what he announced as his last match (he later changed his mind).
       Liverpool were now on top,and when Keegan,who played brilliantly throughout,went dashing through the middle with7 minutes left to be tripped by Berti Vogts,Phil Neal made no mistake with the penalty.Emlyn Hughes held the trophy aloft and the team paraded in front of the 57,000 crowd,nearly half of whom had come from Liverpool.It was the best final for years,and the last,until 1984,to produce more than one goal.What a game,what a night!

This was when I became a Liverpool supporter. I was 9-10 and remember this very well. First losing the FA cup 2-1 (my dad was a UTD fan) but I liked Keegan then and someone gave us the European Cup final on video (the one before betamax and VHS, the ones that looked like a massive book) to my father and I watched it over and over again. It was that summer that I became a Reds supporter and I never looked back.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maillotbarcelone » Wed May 20, 2015 9:18 am

With the 1939-40 Season just 3 games old, the League competitions were abandoned
maillotbarcelone
LFC newBie

Postby Sallypromoteshealth » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:35 pm

SORRY TO BOTHER YOU ALL- but my dad is massive reds fan but he has dementia. He has put a password on his bt phone as "THE YEAR OF THE REDS" as the hint

Does anyone know what this could be?

Thank you!

Sally
Sallypromoteshealth
LFC newBie

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:33 am

Possibly the treble winning season 2000-2001 ? when we won the League cup, FA cup and Uefa cup

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:45 am

or maybe 2005?
If not our other European Cup wins have been 1977, 1978, 1981 and 1984, maybe it's one of those? Or a mash up of them all like 7778818405?
Sorry to hear about your dad's troubles btw, dementia is an awful thing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:04 am

Alternatively, once again considering the "hint" how about

Liverpool used to wear red shirts, white shorts with and white socks
But Bill Shankly switched to all red against Anderlecht in November 1964

dailymail.co.uk

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:56 am

Possibly your Dad's birthday? As in the year the reds became a part of him and his life?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby andy c legs » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:19 pm

Sallypromoteshealth » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:35 pm wrote:SORRY TO BOTHER YOU ALL- but my dad is massive reds fan but he has dementia. He has put a password on his bt phone as "THE YEAR OF THE REDS" as the hint

Thank you!

Sally

Any luck with the suggestions which have been posted? Really hope that you have cracked your dads password. All my passwords are reds related. Try 19865?? Just a thought. :eyebrow
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby Billy_5_Times » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:15 pm

Sallypromoteshealth » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:35 pm wrote:SORRY TO BOTHER YOU ALL- but my dad is massive reds fan but he has dementia. He has put a password on his bt phone as "THE YEAR OF THE REDS" as the hint

Thank you!

Sally

The obvious answer is 1892 as that is the year we were formed.
"I'd kick my own brother if necessary, that's what football is about" Steve McMahon
Billy_5_Times

Postby XRaySpex » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:13 am

Guys can i just say.....you'll never walk alone.
XRaySpex
LFC newBie

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:54 pm

KLOPP is already odds on at 4/7 with Ancielotti at 2/1
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion