RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:03 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:26 am wrote:
maguskwt » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:30 pm wrote:The longer we hold on to him, the higher the possibility that he'll buy out his final year of the contract, from which well receive peanut's fot him. It is not out of the realm of possibility that, he may just not be arsed about playing this season, go on vacations, smoking laughing gas, and at the endcof the season, City will pay him for buying out his contract. Sell him now...

I'm confident that he won't do that, simply because he'll be MILLIONS out of pocket.

There's no way a modern, money driven footballer is going to forfeit millions in lost wages (by staying on another year at £30k per week) and then spend millions more on buying out his contract. It's the worst thing he can do.

If he's smart (a big IF, I know) he'll ether go this summer or do a Suarez by backtracking and signing a new deal....with an agreement that he can leave for a certain fee next summer.

My gut feeling is he'll go. Man City are reported to be making one more bid, and it'll be 45 million with add ons to carry it up to 50.

He has already done that by not signing the deal he was offered. The truth is that he doesn't see us winning anything anytime soon and that is what hurts the fan's most.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:38 pm

I dont give a sh'it what he sees or what he thinks. He is going for one reason and one reason only: greed. He can dress it up any way he likes but it really is that simple. He is a decent payer with the potential to become good, but he is also a thick, childish knob who is badly advised and stupid enough to listen to that advice.
So thanks and goodbye Raheem
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:40 am

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... on-captain

:laugh: I cant believe some of these "journalists" these days...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:00 am

Lol yup and let shove mignolet up front and balo in Goals. Why not make scooby doo our coach whilst were at it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy c legs » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:19 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:38 pm wrote:I dont give a sh'it what he sees or what he thinks. He is going for one reason and one reason only: greed. He can dress it up any way he likes but it really is that simple. He is a decent payer with the potential to become good, but he is also a thick, childish knob who is badly advised and stupid enough to listen to that advice.
So thanks and goodbye Raheem
:nod

The sooner he goes the better. Then we can splash more cash on players who may actually desire to come and play for us. If City are dull enough to come in with a £45 mill bid we should bite their hand off. So yeah, I thouroughly agree with the above sentiments. Only ONE thing matters - OUR club and it's future which Sterling obviuosly, from about March onwards hasn't wanted to be part of.
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby C-R » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:49 am

Most of the morning papers are now saying that City are set to  meet our asking price for Sterling that that UEFA have lifted City's FFP sanctions, City's owners have green lighted the deal
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:04 am

C-R » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:49 am wrote:Most of the morning papers are now saying that City are set to  meet our asking price for Sterling that that UEFA have lifted City's FFP sanctions, City's owners have green lighted the deal

Excellent I'll pay for his taxi to Manchester if he is leaving for €50 mil.
killerp

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:01 am

It's never good to see promising talents leave the club mate, the general idea is to keep your better players and sell your rubbish ones not the other way round, but as you say at least we are getting good money for him that we can reinvest in the squad.
We've lost good players for a pittance in the past (Owen, Mcmanaman) so at least we aren't going down that road again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:54 am

Never mind a Taxi i,'ll give him a piggyback and I can hardly walk these days. Good riddance the greedy arrogant little c.unt
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby killerp » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:01 pm

Manchester City: Financial Fair Play restrictions lifted!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33381403

Bye Bye Sterling... the City bench awaits..

But for us this means...

Maybe we should raise the price to 60 mil?  :devil:
killerp

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:12 pm

...and LFC would have known about this in the background, so we should give credit where its due for holding out to all dubai city bids previously.
Perhaps potential LFC investors will now see this and realise that UEFA can not say NO to fat packets and bring some dosh to LFC knowing that it can be invested into players, stadium and surrounding areas. PERHAPS?!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:05 am

Telegraph - Raheem Sterling could get £4m if he joins Man City

Liverpool winger could receive around £4 cut off his agent's fee if he joins Manchester City this summer reports Luke Edwards for The Telegraph​.

​Pellegrini has already had two offers rejected by Liverpool as the Anfield club are looking to get £50m for the 20-year old.

​Source have told Telegraph that Sterling will benefit massively should Manchester City pay Liverpool's asking price.

​​Third bid by Manchester City for Sterling seems imminent and is likely to be very close to what Liverpool want, around £50m.

​Sterling who earlier this year said he doesn't want people to see him as a money-grabbing 20-year-old will receive a huge part of his agent's fee. Telegraph reports the share he receives could be as high as 50%.

He could receive around £4 million in a one-off payment if City sign him for £50m and he agrees a contract more than £100,000 a week.

​Liverpool start pre-season training today and Sterling will be part of squad as Brendan Rodgers prepares his players for the new season.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:42 am

Did he show up today for training ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:15 pm

Yes
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:42 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:42 am wrote:Did he show up today for training ?

Arriving at Melwood this morning

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion