JAVIER MANQUILLO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:32 am

All the papers suggesting we are trying to cancel the second year of his loan

Not good enough for us anyway imo
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:42 pm

I would be disappointed if the lad is returned early ,some of his early performances for us seen him become a real favourite with the Kop for his zest for the
game ,add to that , some of his crossing was superb ,and the kid could tackle .....I'm guessing being made scapegoat for our defensive capitulations didn't
exactly work wonders for his confidence.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:13 pm

No point keeping him with the purchase of Clynne.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:28 pm

I'll be disappointed to see him go myself, didn't think the lad did much wrong.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:31 pm

No wonder Atletico put the lad out on loan and you wonder how on earth a club like Liverpool would even give second thought
to taking a player that couldn't hold down a position with his own employers.

He started reasonably well with a fresh start helping his performance but he soon reverted to type and look very ordinary indeed.

Can only guess his agent played a big part here making out their client is something they are not to clubs and through media.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:28 pm

parchpea » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:31 pm wrote:No wonder Atletico put the lad out on loan and you wonder how on earth a club like Liverpool would even give second thought
to taking a player that couldn't hold down a position with his own employers.

He started reasonably well with a fresh start helping his performance but he soon reverted to type and look very ordinary indeed.

Can only guess his agent played a big part here making out their client is something they are not to clubs and through media.

He only just turned 21 last month mate, I'm not sure what you are expecting from a player of that age.
I thought he looked half decent, certainly better than Wisdom who we seem to be offering a new contract to.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Lad didnt get much of a chance in fairness

but when we have Clyne,Flanagan and Wisdom probably wont get much of a look in next year and its probably better to give our players the game time instead of someone who will return the season after anyway

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:44 pm

Would be a mistake letting him go IMO. Was refreshing to see a fullback that can actually defend.

I thought he did pretty well for us until he was pushed at RWB where he had to go forward more than defend and in fairness the lad isn't the best going forward. But other than that he's a decent player and certainly better option to have on the bench than Wisdom. I'd be really disappointed if he leaves. Gutted even.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:40 pm

Manquillo is only 21 but when a lot of clubs wont sign players over 25/26 now its a short period to prove your good enough.

FFP and business strategies becoming part of game means younger players are more valuable and trim the time they have to mature considerably.

A really harsh enviroment but these lads know the score and having been loaned long term by his parent club Manquillo knew there was a small window to impress at Anfirld.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:37 pm

I haven't seen much in the lad to be honest, but that's not to say he won't go on to bigger and better things. He's a step up from Wisdom.

However, he needs playing time and I doubt he'll get much next season, with Clyne signed and Flanno coming back to full fitness in October. So probably best to send him back and let him try his luck elsewhere.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:24 pm

Atletico Madrid confirm Javier Manquillo has left Liverpool after his loan was cancelled.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:51 pm

That was reported in the echo after christmas that we would be cancelling his loan deal.
Before the season ended Rodgers gave an interview with pearce insisting he was still part of his plans and was just unlucky he lost his place through a system change. His 1st season in a new league was always about adapting and he is a good kid who will come back in preseason and work his way into the team  :laugh:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/br ... lo-9218870
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:55 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:51 am wrote:That was reported in the echo after christmas that we would be cancelling his loan deal.
Before the season ended Rodgers gave an interview with pearce insisting he was still part of his plans and was just unlucky he lost his place through a system change. His 1st season in a new league was always about adapting and he is a good kid who will come back in preseason and work his way into the team  :laugh:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/br ... lo-9218870

Every time the current manger opens his mouth enough shit to fill a wind sock  falls out ,you should be used to it now mate.  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:58 am

Manquillo, was Sh*t player and should never be allowed to play not even one game in LFC colour, only for idiot BR who have borough him on loan!
algymoon

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:32 pm

Mistake sending him back, has the potential to be a top defensive fullback. Would have been a better option on the bench than Wisdom at least. I guess being English has some benefits though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion