JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Mon May 18, 2015 11:32 am

Captain Hendo reckons that with Stevie G gone, he and the rest of the players need to step up. That's where we've gone wrong! Brendan must have told them not to bother since we have Gerrard. Maybe we'll see some effort next season then :D
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby parchpea » Mon May 18, 2015 12:11 pm

If we are pinning our dreams on Henderson then forget it.

Wouldn't get a game for any of top 3/4 let alone captain the club.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 18, 2015 1:33 pm

Look on the bright side, he likes running.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:30 am

VOTE FOR HENDO!
Is it just me or does the latest 'Vote For Hendo' FIFA campaign do your head in like mine?
I understand why LFC are pushing this, as just about every kid plays these console games one way or another and it is a great way to raise a profile.
BUT! Come on mate - Why not win something as LFC captain and then may be there is something to shout about lad.
THIS YOUNGER GENERATION - ALL THAT AND A BAG OF CHIPS!
  :glare:
Attachments
7509__5514__hendo1000_557ff25d9a72f847417781_517X310.jpg
7509__5514__hendo1000_557ff25d9a72f847417781_517X310.jpg (131.95 KiB) Viewed 837 times
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:37 am

johnbarnes » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:30 am wrote:VOTE FOR HENDO!
Is it just me or does the latest 'Vote For Hendo' FIFA campaign do your head in like mine?
I understand why LFC are pushing this, as just about every kid plays these console games one way or another and it is a great way to raise a profile.
BUT! Come on mate - Why not win something as LFC captain and then may be there is something to shout about lad.

I agree. FIFA uses players who every kid wants to be. Messi, Ronaldinho, the Ronaldo's. Which kid wants to be Hendo? Ain't gonna happen. It gives me an amusing image of some kid doing a Cruyff turn and some other kid saying "watch me do the Hendo-run-up-and-down-the-pitch!"
RedAnt

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:45 am

RedAnt » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:37 am wrote:
johnbarnes » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:30 am wrote:VOTE FOR HENDO!

I agree. FIFA uses players who every kid wants to be. Messi, Ronaldinho, the Ronaldo's. Which kid wants to be Hendo? Ain't gonna happen. It gives me an amusing image of some kid doing a Cruyff turn and some other kid saying "watch me do the Hendo-run-up-and-down-the-pitch!"

HAHAHA!
Yeah! Do do do, come on and do the Hendo - Do do do..!
Hilarious - At least I'm not alone on this.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:03 pm

I like to have a dabble on fifa and I love having Henderson in my ultimate team. Im not the most skillful player, so I win most games on passion and working my fingers off!!

Being flashy and doing all the tricks doesn't make you a "great" player.. Henderson is old school, he knuckles down and never stops. If we had 11 players with the mentality of Henderson we'd win the league.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:10 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:03 am wrote:I like to have a dabble on fifa and I love having Henderson in my ultimate team. Im not the most skillful player, so I win most games on passion and working my fingers off!!

Being flashy and doing all the tricks doesn't make you a "great" player.. Henderson is old school, he knuckles down and never stops. If we had 11 players with the mentality of Henderson we'd win the league.

Not if they had Hendo's ability we wouldn't! Hendo is a decent, hardworking player, nothing more. If you look at the faces on FIFA over the years I don't think Hendo fits. Mind, it'd be a fitting symbolism of those who've warn our captains armband over the years and how it will end up with Hendo.
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:39 pm

He might not give hendo the captaincy  :no  It could go to milner or the llama.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:43 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:39 pm wrote:He might not give hendo the captaincy  :no  It could go to milner or the llama.

I'd give it to Doris the tea lady...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:05 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:43 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:39 pm wrote:He might not give hendo the captaincy  :no  It could go to milner or the llama.

I'd give it to Doris the tea lady...

I think she was part of the back room clear out.
RedAnt

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:46 pm

Returning to training this morning

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:38 pm

C-R » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:46 am wrote:Returning to training this morning

At least hes got a good taste in cars...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:38 am

Jordan Henderson has today been officially confirmed as Liverpool Football Club's new captain.

The Reds midfielder takes the armband permanently as he prepares to begin his fifth season with the club and head out on tour to Asia and Australia this weekend.

He said: "I'm absolutely delighted and proud. It is a great honour and a huge privilege to be named as the captain of this football club.

"When Steven [Gerrard] wasn't in the team last season, I tried to do the best I could when I stepped in and took the armband. Now I'll be looking to carry that on and continue to grow as a captain.

"I'll look to give my best all of the time, put the team firmly first and try to give them - or help them with - whatever they need from me."

Henderson arrived at Anfield in June 2011 and has clocked up 186 appearances in establishing himself as an important figure in Brendan Rodgers' squad.

The 25-year-old assumes the role following the departure of Gerrard earlier this summer after his 12-year stint as Liverpool skipper.

Having been appointed vice-captain last September, Henderson deputised for his fellow Englishman in 2014-15 and has led the team on 19 occasions to date.

Outlining why the No.14 was his choice, Rodgers highlighted his dedicated approach to the duties required both on and off the pitch for the Reds.

The manager explained: "Jordan is someone who leads through example - through his actions, attitude and application. He shows total commitment to the game and is a role model professional.

"He is also greatly respectful of the great traditions associated with being Liverpool captain and the responsibilities that come with it. He has been blessed to learn first-hand from one of the greatest the club has ever had, in Steven Gerrard.

"Jordan has grown as a person and as a player since arriving at Liverpool and is ready to take up this challenge. He will be his own person, with his own style of leadership and his own ideas and methods."

Such faith demonstrated in Henderson by Rodgers over the last three years is something the midfielder is eager to repay.

He said: "I've always said the manager has been brilliant for me. He's improved me consistently in every aspect of football, including off the pitch, and still is - I'm still learning from him.

"I'm very grateful for what he's done for me and the faith he's shown in me, and I'll try to repay him as best I can by doing my best for the team - I'll always put them first."

In operating as Gerrard's understudy for a season, Henderson feels he garnered plenty of knowledge from the 35-year-old's leadership and has naturally tried to use that to enhance his own game.

However, he's well aware of the importance of having the conviction to make his own decisions for the benefit of his teammates.

"I've learnt a lot off Stevie and how he conducted himself as the captain of this club both on and off the field," said Henderson. "You'll always learn from top players - and Steven was exactly that.

"I'll use what I learnt from him to help me, but I also have to do things in the way I think is right.

"I'll carry on from what I was doing last season and I'll also try to take on more responsibility for the team and my teammates. We all have the same goal - and that's to bring success to this club and our incredible supporters."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:41 pm

Good Luck Jordy, do us proud lad!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion