TIAGO ILORI - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:57 pm

leeroy74 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:50 am wrote:I've said all along since we were rumoured to signing him that he's a quality player. I'll stand by that still right now, get him in the squad BR.

Agree with you Leeroy, only trouble is we have 2 slots for centre back and all these to fit into 2 spaces...

Skrtel
Sakho
Lovren
Toure
Wisdom
Ilori

I would love to see Ilori alongside either Sakho or Skrtel, but he is one of 6 trying to fit into 2 spaces
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:09 pm

personally speaking I'd bin off Lovren and Skittles, use Toure as and when. that leaves Ilori, Wisdom and Sakho.

ha ha if only it was that simple.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:37 pm

leeroy74 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:09 pm wrote:personally speaking I'd bin off Lovren and Skittles, use Toure as and when. that leaves Ilori, Wisdom and Sakho.

Wisdom couldn't break into the first 11 at WBA, what makes you think he's going to make it here?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:49 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:37 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:09 pm wrote:personally speaking I'd bin off Lovren and Skittles, use Toure as and when. that leaves Ilori, Wisdom and Sakho.

Wisdom couldn't break into the first 11 at WBA, what makes you think he's going to make it here?

Because he's an 'outstanding' young man ,whose attitude has been 'outstanding' throughout my time as a manager here and the young boy I see on a daily basis and who
I work with ,is still the same boy who wants to learn and I think the supporters will just continue to show what they always do, which is outstanding support for every
player in the Liverpool shirt.  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:52 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:49 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:37 pm wrote:

Because he's an 'outstanding' young man ,whose attitude has been 'outstanding' throughout my time as a manager here and the young boy I see on a daily basis and who
I work with ,is still the same boy who wants to learn and I think the supporters will just continue to show what they always do, which is outstanding support for every
player in the Liverpool shirt.  :;):

:laugh:
That's the old brendan  :nod  The new one got himself 2 new seals and a few dolphins to beef up his act  :D There will be loads of new material and everything.
I'm calling it "BR-4 Back to basics"  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:56 pm

Ilori was superb tonight in the mini derby ,proper class 0-3 up and looking defensively sound ,then he's withdrawn on the 46th minute and the bitterz score three.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:29 pm

I really rate this guy... I wonder what is it about him that makes BR hesitate to use him instead of Skrtles?
ConnO'var

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:34 pm

Apparently the club want to send him out on loan again but he wants to stay and fight for his place.
After yesterday's mini Derby (where Ilori impressed) U21 coach Michael Beale hinted that Thiago and Tex may be loaned out again, when reporters quizzed Ilori about this he said he's not interested in another loan deal.
He said he turned down the opportunity of signing for some big clubs a couple of years ago because he wanted to play in the EPL for Liverpool but he can't play for Liverpool if he's out on loan. He said he wants to stay and fight for his place.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:54 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:34 pm wrote:Apparently the club want to send him out on loan again but he wants to stay and fight for his place.
After yesterday's mini Derby (where Ilori impressed) U21 coach Michael Beale hinted that Thiago and Tex may be loaned out again, when reporters quizzed Ilori about this he said he's not interested in another loan deal.
He said he turned down the opportunity of signing for some big clubs a couple of years ago because he wanted to play in the EPL for Liverpool but he can't play for Liverpool if he's out on loan. He said he wants to stay and fight for his place.

I think the Ilori and Teixeira situations are irritating in the extreme ,two of our top young talents being farmed out to welcome the ordinary
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:22 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:54 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:34 pm wrote:Apparently the club want to send him out on loan again but he wants to stay and fight for his place.

I think the Ilori and Teixeira situations are irritating in the extreme ,two of our top young talents being farmed out to welcome the ordinary

Either that or cash in, but you cant leave players in no man's land there's too much money at stake.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:30 pm

Tiago Ilori loan to Aston Villa set to go through after young defender accepted move to Villa Park

Reported fee of 1 million for the loan with the option to buy at the end of the loan deal
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:45 pm

C-R » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:30 pm wrote:Tiago Ilori loan to Aston Villa set to go through after young defender accepted move to Villa Park

Reported fee of 1 million for the loan with the option to buy at the end of the loan deal

Galling in the extreme ,whilst we endure the comedy turns of Lovren.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:03 pm

:no
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:32 pm

I thought the whole point of bringing in such a young manager was to work with the cream of Europe's upcoming young footballing talents? Wasn't it?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:40 pm

johnbarnes » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:32 pm wrote:

I thought the whole point of bringing in such a young manager was to work with the cream of Europe's upcoming young footballing talents? Wasn't it?

The lad didn't even kick a ball in anger for us, f[uck]ed off without even being given a chance. This is a lad btw who was outstanding for the Portugese U21 side this summer and had Harry Kane in his pocket.
Manquillo is another one who didn't deserve to be binned either, he was another young player who showed promise.
When good young players like these are being discarded and Lovren is being fast tracked back into the first team it's no wonder many fans have lost faith in the manager.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion