Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:34 am

i think our tactic next season is to buy every striker in the land so noone can score against us

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:17 pm

If we sign Benteke then the club seems to be buying more power in the one centre forward position, Benteke, Origi, and Balotelli, Lambert if they stay on.

Basically a battering ram running machine that will open up space for our better footballers to play.

Im a bit surprised as this type of player has rarely succeeded at Anfield since Toshack way back in more recent times Cisse and Carroll failed.

Ultimately I believe we will need one of those no 9 players to excel if the team is to improve much on last year and keep Rodgers in a job.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby andy c legs » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:11 pm

We should just pay the asking price for Benteke. Then whatever money we get, when we off-load Balo, Lambert and that Andy look-a-like off Corra, Borini, will more than compensate for any over-the odds money we have to pay to get Benteke.

What we must avoid at all costs is come the last few days before the window slams shut is another panic buy and not having got rid of the dead wood.

A fit Sturridge with Benteke up front with Firmino, Coutinho and Lallana playing behind them with Milner and Hendo behind them - would surely create and score hat fulls of goals?? :lookaround  :lookaround .
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:12 am

andy c legs » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:11 pm wrote:
A fit Sturridge with Benteke up front with Firmino, Coutinho and Lallana playing behind them with Milner and Hendo behind them - would surely create and score hat fulls of goals?? :lookaround  :lookaround .

???   , Given the players you've named I'm wondering what formation you're suggesting Andy.  3-5-2  ?   3-2-3-2   :D

Also I wouldn't plan the forthcoming season with Sturridge as a key component, safer instead to just consider a "fit Sturridge" as a big bonus.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Buck Rodgers » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:14 am

Agree about Sturridge - needs to show he can string a run of games together. Also think competition for places up front is healthy and something we haven't had for a number of years
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:58 pm

Rumours floating around that Newcastle want Balotelli on loan
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Buck Rodgers » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:14 am wrote:Agree about Sturridge - needs to show he can string a run of games together. Also think competition for places up front is healthy and something we haven't had for a number of years

???

Competition for places up front is healthy

Erm............   if we take proven quality as an out and out striker out of the equation you could say that I'm struggling to see why you think the  " competition for places up front is healthy"

I'll concede there's a lot of talented attack minded players who'll be competing for a starting spot BUT sick note mark 2 Sturridge aside, how many of them could be classed as proven premiership level 15-20 goal a season strikers ?

I wouldn't term that healthy

Nevertheless, I'm sure you'll enlighten us .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Buck Rodgers » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:46 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:30 pm wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:14 am wrote:Agree about Sturridge - needs to show he can string a run of games together. Also think competition for places up front is healthy and something we haven't had for a number of years

???

Competition for places up front is healthy

Erm............   if we take proven quality as an out and out striker out of the equation you could say that I'm struggling to see why you think the  " competition for places up front is healthy"

I'll concede there's a lot of talented attack minded players who'll be competing for a starting spot BUT sick note mark 2 Sturridge aside, how many of them could be classed as proven premiership level 15-20 goal a season strikers ?

I wouldn't term that healthy

Nevertheless, I'm sure you'll enlighten us .

I was talking about Benteke arriving and providing healthy competition - plus add in Ings and Origi thats four players via for striking roles.

Thats healthy competition between the guys to get the spots.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:47 pm

C-R » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:58 pm wrote:Rumours floating around that Newcastle want Balotelli on loan

Be a decent move that, he's better off getting regular footy somewhere else than sitting on our bench all season.
Plus you never know, maybe he will find some form, he's certainly got talent.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:03 pm

Steve Mcclaren trying to handle Balotelli

I would pay to see that

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:25 pm

Someone on LFC bible have put a rumour on apparently from Talksport that we have reached an agreement for Benteke..

Enrique+Lambert+£7m
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:26 pm

Buck Rodgers » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:46 pm wrote:I was talking about Benteke arriving and providing healthy competition - plus add in Ings and Origi thats four players via for striking roles.

Adding as yet unsigned strikers into the mix does indeed support you're opinion that we have healthy competition up front,   :D .

Assuming, and it does look odds on that Benteke will join us, in terms of proven premiership quality in all honesty I still don't see the "healthy competition" that you claim we have.

Sturridge we already agree fitness wise can't be relied on, Ings has done ok but not tested at a top club and Origi has imo dropped off the radar and has much to prove.

Healthy competition ?    :no    :no    :no

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Buck Rodgers » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:31 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:26 pm wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:46 pm wrote:I was talking about Benteke arriving and providing healthy competition - plus add in Ings and Origi thats four players via for striking roles.

Adding as yet unsigned strikers into the mix does indeed support you're opinion that we have healthy competition up front,   :D .

Assuming, and it does look odds on that Benteke will join us, in terms of proven premiership quality in all honesty I still don't see the "healthy competition" that you claim we have.

Sturridge we already agree fitness wise can't be relied on, Ings has done ok but not tested at a top club and Origi has imo dropped off the radar and has much to prove.

Healthy competition ?    :no    :no    :no

Of course its healthy comp - its 4 strikers vying for positions in the team - all 4 will be able to bring something to the table. Two have proven to score goals in the Prem - even Ings had a decent return last year
Doesnt matter what they have done previously though - iF Benteke arrives and its looking like he will

To start we will have 3 strikers vying for one role - when Sturridge comes back he will hopefully have to fight for a spot - thats competition for places.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:47 pm

Buck Rodgers » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:31 pm wrote:Of course its healthy comp - its 4 strikers vying for positions in the team

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

You mean like Balotelli, Borini , Lambert and one other did last term ?   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Buck Rodgers » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:02 pm

woof woof ! » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:47 pm wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:31 pm wrote:Of course its healthy comp - its 4 strikers vying for positions in the team

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

You mean like Balotelli, Borini , Lambert and one other did last term ?   :laugh:

Different players. Unless all strikers should be judged against them
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill