Postby Buck Rodgers » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:40 pm

How does anyone know he isn't an upgrade

Whatever he has done in the past was as a manager and not as a coach

And how can he be a yes man ? How does anyone know that
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:48 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:31 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:22 am wrote:Rodgers hasn't appointed a stalking horse as his number 2 that's for sure.
To be fair to O Driscoll he is someone who believes in expansive football, in fact he could be described as the 'Brendan Rodgers of the lower league's'. He's 57 and has managed quite a few teams himself (Notts Forest, Bristol City and Doncaster Rovers) and he's currently coaching the England U-19's.
There's clips on YouTube of some of his team's knocking the ball about tiki taka style which takes a bit of doing in the lower divisions.
Maybe O Driscoll and Lijnders aren't the most high profile of additions we could have made but at least the coaching staff will all be singing off the same hymn sheet.

He has won 36% of games with Bournemouth in 6 years, 36% with Doncaster in 5 years, 38% with Notts Forest and 25% with Bristol city. He has been through 3 clubs since 2012 before settilng into the england job just a few months ago.  The man has never worked at the top level so IMO it's not an upgrade on pascoe who has that experience and helped rodgers write that hymn sheet.

I had honestly believed that the changes were to get a more experienced backroom team on board but its not. Its just rodgers surrounding himself with more yes men.

Those win percentages are actually quite respectable for teams in the lower divisions that try to play footy, don't forget he isn't working with Suarez's and Iniesta's down there and those clubs can't get the chequebook out and bring in players suited to knocking the ball around. Quite often those coaches have to work with what they've got.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:44 pm

We at least BR will have someone to talk to. I imagine long nights of talk-footie ahead...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dNynDVvxzQ
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:48 am wrote:
Those win percentages are actually quite respectable for teams in the lower divisions that try to play footy, don't forget he isn't working with Suarez's and Iniesta's down there and those clubs can't get the chequebook out and bring in players suited to knocking the ball around. Quite often those coaches have to work with what they've got.

Style over substance? Great.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:19 pm

mart » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:44 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:48 am wrote:

Style over substance? Great.

Spot on...you hit the nail.

When it comes to Rodgers...it is style over substance. Expect passing from the back (playing the right way). Expect playing the game the right way (no fouling of players....gentleman on and off the pitch). Expect the players to express themselves on the pitch. f**k the tactics. As long as joe xavi allen expresses himself on the pitch...then its all that matters.

If we lose doing all the above....then its ok. Why ? Because we play proper football....  :wwww

That's the way it is gonna be under Rodgers. We are not gonna win anything under him but our football will probably be the best in this league.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:25 pm

johnbarnes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:44 pm wrote:We at least BR will have someone to talk to. I imagine long nights of talk-footie ahead...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dNynDVvxzQ

I thought Rodgers was long winded.......but jesus Christ...that was a pretty long post-match interview from SOD.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:50 pm

Well if the current manager says he's one of the best coaches  around ,that's me convinced   ???

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:55 pm

FSG are certainly giving BR enough rope to hang himself. Can just imagine the small print and get-out clauses in their USA managerial style contract too.
SOD's seat at the FA may not even get cold before he sits in it again...
Oh and for anyone who knows / cleans the windows at Anfield be warned; YOU ARE NEXT IN LINE FOR THE CHOP. BR will be coming after you next!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:06 pm

FWIW, I do think SOD is a good coach. I have no problem in him replacing mike marsh. I would prefer a bigger name with European/continental experience for the AM position (someone big enough to take over as an intermediate solution when the inevitable happens around Christmas).
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:31 pm

RODGERS OUT!!!
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:57 pm

mart » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:02 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:40 am wrote:Should this appointment happen, I think it's fair to say that there will be a treacle influx of u19 English players to follow. We should have the pick of the bunch with insider knowledge. I'm hopeful for the best.

This sounds like the only reason for this appointment.

Sounds like a perfect chief scout.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:27 pm

Who is this random?
Doeboy

Postby Buck Rodgers » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:47 pm

Doeboy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:27 pm wrote:Who is this random?

The coach that the manager wants to work with

http://thebibtheorists.com/2015/06/30/o ... liverpool/
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby andy c legs » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:27 pm

From what I've read about this chap I'm not overly optimistic. He has no European experience for one thing and also has surley not had to deal with such high profile players and characters on a day-to-day basis.

Also, wasn't Pascoe chosen by Brendan? Look what happened to him - the club got shot. Yet Rodgers is allowed to appoint his successor - doesn't make sense to me in one way, does it?

'd have loved to have seen Sami back, christ I'd have loved to have seen him back in the team, even at his age!!! He could teach all our centre-halves a thing or two about defending set-pieces. How about him playing as a sweeper in the middle of a back 3!!!

Okay - it was just a thought... :help
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:47 pm

Maybe BR decided to let Pascoe go - in fact very confident that it was BR decision to let him go

There are plenty of good reports about the coaches methods and actually how well he has done
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion