Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:49 pm

Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:07 pm wrote:It just shows how fickle some people are to flick their opinion based on 6 games in the CL when it was the managers first ever season in the CL - no second chances that you demanded other managers be given but a whole change on opinion based on 6 games in CL.

To flick your opinion to calling him a fraud based on his first ever campaign in the CL just makes you as bad as all those that wanted Kenny gone after one poor season , Rafa gone after one poor season - but at least they judge after a whole season and not 6 games. Remember Rafa's last CL campaign - shocking , in fact prob even more criminal than BR last year because Rafa had expirence in the CL - BR had none , and the first campaign was always going to be a learning one.

He wasn't and won't be the first manager to have a poor CL campaign and it's extremely unfair to judge on that one campaign.

I haven't had any pseudonyms on here RBG but all your speeches and preaching about support in the past can now be dismissed even more so to start getting personal about him.

No ,they judge on the man himself ,both managers had discernible traits ,qualities that could be identified as comfortably befitting those that had preceded.
Possessing said qualities ensure the fans will circle the wagons when the most ferocious of shit storms hit ,the current manager has no such protection ,albeit
from the more easily shaped like yourself.

You back the man Benny ,you have my blessing ,but seriously I'm not about to afford some crank who in all probability has never left his room such is his polarised
version of events to question my passion for this club ..... I've put my cards firmly on the table lad ,I don't like the fella ,something I've expressed on these very
boards ,you like him ,so you run with that .....Only don't go making sweeping generalisations based on your slanted perspective of how fans should behave.

I assure you Benny that posters will eventually grow weary of your perpetual questions ,I on the other hand already have ,'WHY WHEN HOW WHO WHAT' , one of them
and more worryingly all of them is inclusive with every reply, its like debating with a malfunctioning robot.  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:04 pm

You can drivel on all you want RBG - it will never change the amount of preaching you did towards people to back the manager and show patience to allow the manager time - think even going back to December you were posting disdain towards posters for their lack of patience towards posters.

You have posted for years with the attitude of superiority becauses you claimed to support through thick and thin and constantly used the quotes and musings of Shanks and "family" and if you can't support when we are losing etc , and it's been you making statements on how Liverpool fans should behave - only to then show yourself to be as fickle as the rest. Your history on here is clear to see RBG and the preaching posts are there.

Do I back the manager - yes I do - because he is our manager and has shown enough over the last three seasons to suggest he is putting down a foundation for the club moving forward to future success , that success may not happen with him but it will be on a platform built by him. He tries the play the game the right way.

As for "liking" - I don't know him to like him or not and neither does anyone on here yet plenty have judged him personally beyond the football pitch but then it expected by internet fans these days.

It's not far from the truth to suggest that our previous managers - Shanks , Bob and Joe would be disgusted with some of the things said about the manager and would be disgusted with the way the supposed supporters have forgotten how to support the club as a whole. It's very sad and disappointing to see.

BR as a manager has his faults and he needs to work very hard this season to correct errors and mistakes made last season. The correct tactics and formation must be used early and the players need to be settled early. It's a crucial season for him and the very least he needs is the support of the club's supporters. Instead all we have on here is hopes that he is sacked - for him to be sacked would mean poor results - is that what people hope - poor results so that he is fired ?

For decades we have always been known to defend our own and get behind them - shame that's changed but RBG don't ever preach to anyone ever again about support and paitence when you fail to display those same qualities yourself.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:07 pm

Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:07 pm wrote:
And when/if BR brings CL football back and shows he learned his lesson then I fully expect the opinion to be flicked back again.

:laugh:

I wouldn't go holding your breath waiting for that to materialise ,people have a tendency to die from asphyxiation.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:37 pm

Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:04 pm wrote:You can drivel on all you want RBG - it will never change the amount of preaching you did towards people to back the manager and show patience to allow the manager time - think even going back to December you were posting disdain towards posters for their lack of patience towards posters.

You have posted for years with the attitude of superiority becauses you claimed to support through thick and thin and constantly used the quotes and musings of Shanks and "family" and if you can't support when we are losing etc , and it's been you making statements on how Liverpool fans should behave - only to then show yourself to be as fickle as the rest. Your history on here is clear to see RBG and the preaching posts are there.

Do I back the manager - yes I do - because he is our manager and has shown enough over the last three seasons to suggest he is putting down a foundation for the club moving forward to future success , that success may not happen with him but it will be on a platform built by him. He tries the play the game the right way.

As for "liking" - I don't know him to like him or not and neither does anyone on here yet plenty have judged him personally beyond the football pitch but then it expected by internet fans these days.

It's not far from the truth to suggest that our previous managers - Shanks , Bob and Joe would be disgusted with some of the things said about the manager and would be disgusted with the way the supposed supporters have forgotten how to support the club as a whole. It's very sad and disappointing to see.

BR as a manager has his faults and he needs to work very hard this season to correct errors and mistakes made last season. The correct tactics and formation must be used early and the players need to be settled early. It's a crucial season for him and the very least he needs is the support of the club's supporters. Instead all we have on here is hopes that he is sacked - for him to be sacked would mean poor results - is that what people hope - poor results so that he is fired ?

For decades we have always been known to defend our own and get behind them - shame that's changed but RBG don't ever preach to anyone ever again about support and paitence when you fail to display those same qualities yourself.

Your suggestion he's one of our own is fallible ,he's proved he has little concern for this club ,rather his own image of this supposed tactical genius 'Rodger's the innovator'
he watched us desperately slide down the table determined to prove himself correct with regards to Gerrard's new Pirlo role and yet I'm guessing he knew with the introduction of Lucas it could be easily rectified .....Is this also conducive with wanting us to fail  ???

Like I said Benny I will back to the hilt managers who have an affinity with the paying fans ,those managers I would fight tooth and nail for ,but not for someone
whose sucked us all in (myself included at one point ) and has now been shown up as the ineffectual dolt he is ,furthermore one who is undoubtedly  the most
disingenuous,duplicitous manager to ever darken the Shankly gates.... Once again Benny you support him ,only don't try and tell fans what they should do ,as I
seriously doubt you have an igloo yourself,or if your intent on doing so try at the very least to introduce some humour rather than the constant plethora of questions demanding answers you possess little comprehension for.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:01 pm

Proved he isn't one of our own ?!

Sorry but can you show me this proof please

As you really suggesting he isn't one of our own because tactics he tried to employ didn't work out. And to even suggest it's equal to wanting us to fail - did that same tactic not work the season before when we nearly won the title and you were no doubt cheering from the rafters

And again you finish with more insults towards the manager - followed by more drivel.
Either way you are a hypocritic of the highest order - you spent months preaching about support and paitence to the same manager you now call a "dolt" and "disingenuous" "duplicitous" - and the reason why - because we came 6th and had a poor CL campaign ?!?

Pathetic RBG - absolutely pathetic. I expect it from Internet fans would haven't ever set foot inside Anfield but from someone who has spent years demanding a manager was backed.

When Rafa came 8th and bombed out of the CL in the group stage you demanded the manager be backed
When Kenny came 8th you demanded the manager be backed - you preached all about support every single day on here

In December when we were struggling you preached about paitence and support towards the manager

And now look at you - full of nothing but bitterness and disgraceful insults towards the manager - and his crime is what ? Having poor results this season

He has shown nothing but trying what he thinks his best , he has been nothing but respectful towards the club and its supporters - it's a shame people haven't got the respect for the club to afford the manager the same respect his position deserves

Not one single person has ever come up with a plausible reason for him to deserve the abuse and insults he is getting from so called supporters.

It's pathetic and ex managers would turn in their graves reading some of the stuff posted on here.

There is a clear difference between critical about his tactics and a complete lack of respect.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:01 pm

To please the "fans" - rumours are that he has been sacked and that Klopp will take over on the 1st July
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:01 pm wrote:Proved he isn't one of our own ?!

Sorry but can you show me this proof please

As you really suggesting he isn't one of our own because tactics he tried to employ didn't work out. And to even suggest it's equal to wanting us to fail - did that same tactic not work the season before when we nearly won the title and you were no doubt cheering from the rafters

And again you finish with more insults towards the manager - followed by more drivel.
Either way you are a hypocritic of the highest order - you spent months preaching about support and paitence to the same manager you now call a "dolt" and "disingenuous" "duplicitous" - and the reason why - because we came 6th and had a poor CL campaign ?!?

Pathetic RBG - absolutely pathetic. I expect it from Internet fans would haven't ever set foot inside Anfield but from someone who has spent years demanding a manager was backed.

When Rafa came 8th and bombed out of the CL in the group stage you demanded the manager be backed
When Kenny came 8th you demanded the manager be backed - you preached all about support every single day on here

In December when we were struggling you preached about paitence and support towards the manager

And now look at you - full of nothing but bitterness and disgraceful insults towards the manager - and his crime is what ? Having poor results this season

He has shown nothing but trying what he thinks his best , he has been nothing but respectful towards the club and its supporters - it's a shame people haven't got the respect for the club to afford the manager the same respect his position deserves

Not one single person has ever come up with a plausible reason for him to deserve the abuse and insults he is getting from so called supporters.

It's pathetic and ex managers would turn in their graves reading some of the stuff posted on here.

There is a clear difference between critical about his tactics and a complete lack of respect.

Benny you're a f*cking clown lad ,and you thoroughly deserve the hopelessness we will endure under this charlatan ,I'm going to keep my fingers firmly crossed
that this team and the club will shirk off the embarrassment he's heaped upon us last season .....Kenny and Rafa merited the support from the fans because they
put us first ....As for the respect issue ,is he fucking dead or something  ??? Respect is something earned its not compulsory ,its not handed to you as soon
as you take the job.

As for pathetic well I think you've more than leapt into that neighbourhood with your almost zealot like attempts to flood this forum under a myriad of different
usernames ,every season your desperation to post on these boards is prevalent with your ridiculous pretence to be someone else ,yet your style of posting points
to the same repetitive almost hollow Shite that belie your differing persona's .....If you're  not Benny ,then someone is doing a bang up job of mimicking the
argumentative little snipe ,now that kind of desperation to be heard not only hovers around  sad ,its sits on its fucking face.  :D

Last reply to you fella because your obviously denser than osmium ,you have no capacity for reason and even less for common sense ,and nothing sinks in unless its
a note tied to a fucking brick ,so I've exhausted my attempts to find any common ground as your a complete enigma.... Both you and Danish Red and all the
other confusing characters you've spliced from the original stubborn halfwit. :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:16 pm

How exactly did Rafa put us first and BR hasn't ? Both had/have tactics that failed - and we have had seasons of embarrassment under both Rafa and Kenny

You keep throwing accusations yet fail to provide proof

As Liverpool manager yes he gets respect from the supporters of the club - not abuse - tell me why he deserves the abuse and insults he is getting

As for the rest of the post - it doesn't address any of the points made to you about your hypocritical posting and demands for support for,previous managers and just attacks the poster.

You have shown no reason nor common sense - you continue to post lots of words that don't form anything worthy

I'll say it again

Rafa came 7th and we were bombed out of the CL in the group stage - you demanded support and respect for the manager

BR came 6th and bombed out the CL in the group stage - you demand he is sacked and throw insults at him

End of last year you were demanding people show paitnence towards the manager and respect after he nearly won the title

You are as fickle as the rest and all your previous preaching to posters on here has shown to be as plastic as your "support"
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:12 am

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:24 pm

Buck Rodgers » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:16 am wrote:How exactly did Rafa put us first and BR hasn't ? Both had/have tactics that failed - and we have had seasons of embarrassment under both Rafa and Kenny

You keep throwing accusations yet fail to provide proof

As Liverpool manager yes he gets respect from the supporters of the club - not abuse - tell me why he deserves the abuse and insults he is getting

As for the rest of the post - it doesn't address any of the points made to you about your hypocritical posting and demands for support for,previous managers and just attacks the poster.

You have shown no reason nor common sense - you continue to post lots of words that don't form anything worthy

I'll say it again

Rafa came 7th and we were bombed out of the CL in the group stage - you demanded support and respect for the manager

BR came 6th and bombed out the CL in the group stage - you demand he is sacked and throw insults at him

End of last year you were demanding people show paitnence towards the manager and respect after he nearly won the title

You are as fickle as the rest and all your previous preaching to posters on here has shown to be as plastic as your "support"

I seriously think you have to be a closet Chelsea or Manure supporter.

Rafa won us the champions league. So is it any wonder why the real fans like Red Beergoggles have more respect for him than the fraud Rodgers ? So Rodgers came in 2nd ....Well whoppie doooooo.

Coming in 2nd 2 seasons ago when all the stars were aligned for us to go on to win the freckin league isn't something we should celebrate. (Just check out what Gerrard thinks about how Rodgers should have setup the team in key games - his interview with rio Ferdinand)

Listen and don't keep shooting your reply at every thread. Listen (and try to understand) what we are saying. We came in 2nd (check). We qualified for Europe (check). So what did Rodgers do in that post season ?

Did he
a)Try to bulk up his coaching staff with more European experience ?
b)Work on tactics and training to cater for mid-week European games ?
c)Lose weight, Shine his teeth, ditch his wife, find a young bird ?

So what did he do in the post season ?

Then lets talk about the domestic league. We lose Sturridge. Ok. So what do he do ? Set up the team to bring out the best among our other strikers (like borini, lambert or balo)......... or keep playing gerrard as a DM to prove a stinking point ?

You can support Rodgers all you want. And I hope you still continue supporting him when he is coaching the under 19 England women's football team. But don't question the intent of the true-red Liverpool football club fans in this forum.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:36 pm

True red fans ?! Don't talk twaddle

No "true red" fan throws personal abuse at the club's manager no matter how results are going.

BR made mistakes last season - not one person had denied that

But the question people keep avoiding because they don't have the ***** to answer - does that mean he deserves abuse ?

I support BR because he is Liverpool manager and True reds support the manager through thick and thin

True reds get behind the team and manager when things aren't going well and support them.

Real fans ?! True reds ?! Sorry they don't abuse the manager , they don't stop supporting the manager.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby taff » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:19 pm

The personal abuse stuff I can leave it to be honest. He has done good things and we have played good football. And the players left out debate has been done a lot on this forum.

For me the CL was the big turning point. We are talking about basle and ludogrets. We as Lfc finished second in a big powerful league and our summer spending even with losing Suarez was huge compared to those two clubs. I know it was his first season but he had Europe the year before and this again is the club that finished second in the EPL.

Accepting that as a learning curve is imo wrong. This is the level we should be at and aiming for. We were done and looked out of our depth and that is a warning.

The constant argument I can do without tbh it's turning into point scoring but if anybody thinks last season was in any way acceptable with the money spent then I worry for you. The last game against Stoke was ridiculous and sort of summed it up.

Forget the teeth, girlfriends whatever the failure should be a reality check.

I'm happy with one more season but it's deliver time end of, no more excuses.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:25 pm

taff » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:19 pm wrote:The personal abuse stuff I can leave it to be honest. He has done good things and we have played good football. And the players left out debate has been done a lot on this forum.

For me the CL was the big turning point. We are talking about basle and ludogrets. We as Lfc finished second in a big powerful league and our summer spending even with losing Suarez was huge compared to those two clubs. I know it was his first season but he had Europe the year before and this again is the club that finished second in the EPL.

Accepting that as a learning curve is imo wrong. This is the level we should be at and aiming for. We were done and looked out of our depth and that is a warning.

The constant argument I can do without tbh it's turning into point scoring but if anybody thinks last season was in any way acceptable with the money spent then I worry for you. The last game against Stoke was ridiculous and sort of summed it up.

Forget the teeth, girlfriends whatever the failure should be a reality check.

I'm happy with one more season but it's deliver time end of, no more excuses.

Strongly agree with this post  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:22 pm

Rodgers is a stubborn man and that's been his success and also his downfall. The 4-3-3 tactics worked so well the previous year and we took apart top 4 teams with ease playing classic counter football. This year Rodgers decided to go 3-4-2-1 which gave us very little attacking options and also made our already shakey defence even more vulnerable.

I have no idea why he wouldn't go back to a back 4 after the losses to Manure and Arsenal. His stubbornness  then ended up costing us the FA semi-final to villa, and to top it off 4th with losses to Hull and Palace.. then to cap it off the humiliating defeat to Stoke.

He needs to learn to change things when things aren't working, and I'm not sure if he's tactically inept in that sense.

I'd be willing to give till Xmas to see how he gets on.. If he's struggling, then get Klopp in.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:22 pm

Rodgers is a stubborn man and that's been his success and also his downfall. The 4-3-3 tactics worked so well the previous year and we took apart top 4 teams with ease playing classic counter football. This year Rodgers decided to go 3-4-2-1 which gave us very little attacking options and also made our already shakey defence even more vulnerable.

I have no idea why he wouldn't go back to a back 4 after the losses to Manure and Arsenal. His stubbornness  then ended up costing us the FA semi-final to villa, and to top it off 4th with losses to Hull and Palace.. then to cap it off the humiliating defeat to Stoke.

He needs to learn to change things when things aren't working, and I'm not sure if he's tactically inept in that sense.

I'd be willing to give till Xmas to see how he gets on.. If he's struggling, then get Klopp in.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion