Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:57 am

Spurs have joined the chase for Benteke using Adebayor in a swap plus cash deal.

Emmanuel Adebayor could be reunited with Tim Sherwood as Spurs use him in their bid to sign Christian Benteke.

Spurs are challenging Liverpool for the signature of Aston Villa's Belgian striker.

But like Liverpool, Tottenham believe Aston Villa's £32.5m buyout clause for Benteke is too high.

Spurs hope Sherwood's relationship with Adebayor from their time together at White Hart Lane will work in their favour.

Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... se-5970591
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:13 am

Your right Benny that is a good article.
After reading that (and after looking at some of those clips) I'd go for him, f**k it even if he does cost us £30m if he scores goals it will be worth it, we've wasted more than that on strikers like Borini, Balotelli, Lambert and Aspas who couldn't hit a cows @rse with a banjo.
I didn't realise Benteke was so athletic, for a big lad he can certainly shift and running into him is like running into a brick wall, big strong lads like Chris Smalling literally bounce off him.
Just pay the money, if he scores 20 goals the money won't even be an issue and as that lad said Villa are probably the least creative side in the division, they don't even have a playmaker so I'm sure with the likes of Coutinho, Firmino, Ibe, Lallana, Markovic etc behind him his scoring rate will go up not down.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:22 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:13 am wrote:

After reading that (and after looking at some of those clips) I'd go for him, f**k it even if he does cost us £30m if he scores goals it will be worth it, we've wasted more than that on strikers like Borini, Balotelli, Lambert and Aspas who couldn't hit a cows @rse with a banjo.
I didn't realise Benteke was so athletic, for a big lad he can certainly shift and running into him is like running into a brick wall, big strong lads like Chris Smalling literally bounce off him.
Just pay the money, if he scores 20 goals the money won't even be an issue and as that lad said Villa are probably the least creative side in the division, they don't even have a playmaker so I'm sure with the likes of Coutinho, Firmino, Ibe, Lallana, Markovic etc behind him his scoring rate will go up not down.

Because Villa are the least creative and they just hoff the ball this lad scored ,i don't see him fitting in a team in which the MF pass the smart deep balls which required a fast cunning striker.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:36 pm

only me » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:22 am wrote:

Because Villa are the least creative and they just hoff the ball this lad scored ,i don't see him fitting in a team in which the MF pass the smart deep balls which required a fast cunning striker.

He is more than capable of getting on the end of through balls mate and besides let's not kid ourselves that we were carving teams open left right and centre, his physicality and ability to get on the end of crosses will come in very handy.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:37 pm

only me » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:22 pm wrote:

He doesn't seem to have an issue fitting in with Belguim.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:38 pm

you posted that just as I was about to benny lad. that's true, his international game would fit us
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:52 pm

Because Villa are the least creative and they just hoff the ball this lad scored ,i don't see him fitting in a team in which the MF pass the smart deep balls which required a fast cunning striker.[/quote]

He doesn't seem to have an issue fitting in with Belguim.[/quote]

In Belgium most of the goals are coming from the attacking MF....I just don't see Benteke fitting into a game based on quickness and creativity sorry.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:57 pm

only me » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:52 pm wrote:Because Villa are the least creative and they just hoff the ball this lad scored ,i don't see him fitting in a team in which the MF pass the smart deep balls which required a fast cunning striker.

He doesn't seem to have an issue fitting in with Belguim.[/quote]

In Belgium most of the goals are coming from the attacking MF....I just don't see Benteke fitting into a game based on quickness and creativity sorry.[/quote]

But quickness and creativity is exactly how Belguim play and Benteke is their number one striker ( and we have their back up in Origi )
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby only me » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:01 pm

Buck Rodgers » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:57 am wrote:
only me » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:52 pm wrote:Because Villa are the least creative and they just hoff the ball this lad scored ,i don't see him fitting in a team in which the MF pass the smart deep balls which required a fast cunning striker.

He doesn't seem to have an issue fitting in with Belguim.

In Belgium most of the goals are coming from the attacking MF....I just don't see Benteke fitting into a game based on quickness and creativity sorry.[/quote]

But quickness and creativity is exactly how Belguim play and Benteke is their number one striker ( and we have their back up in Origi )[/quote]

I agree mate and based on his stats and performance their i can say he isn't the best fit for such a setup. In Villa where it's based on power and high balls he is much more productive.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:14 pm

WBA looking to sign Lambert according to Liverpool Echo
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:17 pm

C-R » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:14 pm wrote:WBA looking to sign Lambert according to Liverpool Echo

Probably a good match for him. He needs to be playing every week and WBA will give him that.

Is a pity, because I don't think we ever got to see the real Lambert and he's not a bad player.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:33 am

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/30/gonzalo-h ... l-5272191/

If there is any truth in that....Would be absolutely awesome.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:46 am

Metro = *****
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:11 am

All the morning papers are linking Stoke City with Xherdan Shaqiri and Yevhen Konoplyanka

Are Stoke the new Spurs and chasing every player we have allegedly been after

Plus they seem infatuated with our ex players Oussama Assaidi, Peter Crouch, Charlie Adam  :Oo:
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:53 am

TalkSport radio are claiming that a deal for Benteke is done

http://talksport.com/football/liverpool ... ider-tells

Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, he said: "My understanding is Christian Benteke, who has been on their radar for some time, is very close indeed to signing for Liverpool.

"I expect him to sign if not today then certainly in the not too distant future. Liverpool have done their work and have sealed a deal [with Aston Villa]."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill