Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:08 pm

Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 29, 2015

The problem is with stats like those they include knock downs and lay offs etc

Stats like pass completion for a striker are as much use as shots on goal for a GK

It's the goals scored that counts - and he is also doesn't need to be "techincally gifted as such"

He would certainly be a better fit than Lambert , Balotelli etc and would score 20 goals for us

True.
To be fair to him as well Villa over the last few years have been one of the least creative sides in the division. He has done well to keep that 1 in 2 scoring ratio up playing in such a negative side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:10 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:08 pm wrote:

Stats like pass completion for a striker are as much use as shots on goal for a GK

It's the goals scored that counts - and he is also doesn't need to be "techincally gifted as such"

He would certainly be a better fit than Lambert , Balotelli etc and would score 20 goals for us

True.
To be fair to him as well Villa over the last few years have been one of the least creative sides in the division. He has done well to keep that 1 in 2 scoring ratio up playing in such a negative side.

Exactly - I think he would be a good signing but at over £30mil ? That's a lot of money
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:46 pm

Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:10 pm wrote:

True.

Exactly - I think he would be a good signing but at over £30mil ? That's a lot of money

I suppose you'll always pay through the nose when you buy from another prem club and Villa are probably looking at the money Chelsea got for Lukaku and Swansea got for Bony.
Besides I think we are trying to set up some sort of part ex deal to get the price down.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:51 pm

Part ex for Lambert would be good - add in Allen would be even better
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:13 pm

chuck in Johnson, Balotelli, Borini and a few quid would be even better
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:20 pm

Think Borini could be off to Spam , Balotelli to Turkey and Johnson has already left
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:23 pm

Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:51 pm wrote:Part ex for Lambert would be good - add in Allen would be even better

Can't see Allen going mate, by all accounts he's on the verge of being offered a new contract anyway.
He's the type of player that would significantly reduce the Benteke fee though, can't imagine Villa knocking much off for a 33 year old like Ricky.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:31 pm

Bobby Adekanye anyone ? Apparently very close to signing
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:34 pm

Only a 16 year old kid - another signing for the future
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:20 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:23 pm wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:51 pm wrote:Part ex for Lambert would be good - add in Allen would be even better

Can't see Allen going mate, by all accounts he's on the verge of being offered a new contract anyway.
He's the type of player that would significantly reduce the Benteke fee though, can't imagine Villa knocking much off for a 33 year old like Ricky.

Joe Allen..... What is it with Joe bloody Allen? Rodgers always seems to be singing his praises but I'm afraid I don't see it. Never did.
A new contract to chain him to us and no doubt a hefty pay rise to make him even harder to shift, as if anyone would be coming to sign him anyway? All seems so farcical.
I read today that Borini was in London for a medical with the Hammers, so if that's true, it'll be another step in the right direction.

I must say that the dread that I was experiencing for next season is easing, hopefully the good news will keep coming and we can see the rebuilding of our pride getting under way.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:34 pm

Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:10 pm wrote:

True.

That, and his proneness to injury would also be a problem. We already have a problem with Sturridge, do we need another one?

I really like Benteke if I'm honest but I don't think I want us to sign him. Too many risks and question marks especially at that price.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:49 pm

Is he prone to injury ? I know he had the Achilles injury ?
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:19 am

Benteke is a decent striker and will score goals but like many said at that asking price just not worth it. I just hope we don't get desperate and end up with him for 32mil.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:21 am

Soupyzrx » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:20 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:23 pm wrote:

Joe Allen..... What is it with Joe bloody Allen? Rodgers always seems to be singing his praises but I'm afraid I don't see it. Never did.
A new contract to chain him to us and no doubt a hefty pay rise to make him even harder to shift, as if anyone would be coming to sign him anyway? All seems so farcical.
I read today that Borini was in London for a medical with the Hammers, so if that's true, it'll be another step in the right direction.

I must say that the dread that I was experiencing for next season is easing, hopefully the good news will keep coming and we can see the rebuilding of our pride getting under way.

Yeah Allen is a nearly man mate, Hendo and Milner are as well truth be told.
Whilst I agree that we have done some decent business (particularly in the last week) I am still disappointed that we didn't significantly strengthen the central midfield, it has been a weakness of ours for years imo and has been since Mascherano left and Gerrard started to fade.
I am a big believer in that old adage that midfield is the place where games are won and lost and I'm just a bit gutted that we have a couple of English yeoman (backed up by another workhorse in Allen) right where it counts.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:23 am

Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill