Stoke City v Liverpool - Britannia Stadium 15:00 (Part II)

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:56 pm

Assuming Rodgers is still in charge he will have to win this game and win it well.

You can feel the pressure before a balls been kicked.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:27 am

parchpea » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:56 pm wrote:Assuming Rodgers is still in charge he will have to win this game and win it well.

You can feel the pressure before a balls been kicked.

I like Rodgers but another heavy defeat at that yard would see him under severe pressure, especially if Klopp is still waiting in the wings.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:23 am

Still shocks you when you think we got hammered  6-1.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:04 pm

What shocked me was being 5-0 down at HT. I thought they were going to get about 8or 9
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:28 pm

Dundreamin is back » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:04 pm wrote:What shocked me was being 5-0 down at HT. I thought they were going to get about 8or 9

I was the same mate, at HT i genuinely feared a record defeat could be on the cards (our previous worst was a 9-1 hammering away to Birmingham in our second division days)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:39 pm

The game has been moved to Sunday at 4pm for TV coverage (Sky Sports 1). And it’s looking increasingly likely we’ll line up in a 4-2-3-1

Mignolet

Clyne     Skrtel     Lovren     Gomez

Milner     Henderson

Ibe     Coutinho     Lallana

Benteke
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:55 pm

Pig Catcher » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:39 am wrote:The game has been moved to Sunday at 4pm for TV coverage (Sky Sports 1). And it’s looking increasingly likely we’ll line up in a 4-2-3-1

Mignolet

Clyne     Skrtel     Lovren     Gomez

Milner     Henderson

Ibe     Coutinho     Lallana

Benteke

It's pointless playing Lallana in a game that you know is going to be a physical challenge, especially away at somewhere like Stoke, as soon as someone barges into him he flops on the floor and stays there for about half an hour while the game carries on around him. We'll essentially be playing with 10 men for half the game while he has a doss on the floor.
I have to say I'm baffled by Lovren's inclusion as well, yes he's decent in the air but he drops at least one clanger every game that he plays in, if we get turned over again down there and Dejan has a bad day at the office Brendan will come under severe pressure. Even after one match.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:11 pm

I'd sacrifice an attacking player for a midfielder. A little less exciting but I'd take the save approach for this one. And please, no Dejan Lovren. My team:

Mignolet

Clyne    Skrtel   Sakho   Gomez

Lucas
                   Hendo    Milner

Ibe                          Coutinho

Benteke
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:00 pm

damjan193 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:11 pm wrote:I'd sacrifice an attacking player for a midfielder. A little less exciting but I'd take the save approach for this one. And please, no Dejan Lovren. My team:

Mignolet

Clyne    Skrtel   Sakho   Gomez

Lucas
                   Hendo    Milner

Ibe                          Coutinho

Benteke

Given the circumstances opting for a slightly more conservative line up (like the one you've posted) is probably the wisest thing to do, especially after what happened to us the last time we visited the Britannia, but given our run of away fixtures after this game I think 3 points is an absolute must.
With that in mind I'd go for it a bit -

Mingolet

Clyne.             Skrtel.         Sakho.           Gomez

Milner.         Can

Ibe.              Coutinho.          Firmino

Benteke
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:30 am

Swap Milner for Hendo and id agree with that team Yakka

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:15 pm

Just read this blog from LFC official website. Sums up what this game does for us all...
Here's to a new season and hopefully their will be more ups and than downs for us!
PS - It's nice to be back (but it was great to get away)
JB

Blog: My dad, Stoke City and me
When I was woken up by the 2am phone call from my Mum to let me know my Dad had been rushed to hospital after suffering a stroke my first half-awake thought was "I hope he's OK in time for the new season."

At the time I had no idea how bad things were. They turned out to be very bad. My Dad, Stuart, collapsed after what the doctors told us was a 'subarachnoid hemorrhage' in his brain. He underwent life-saving surgery which involved a chunk of his skull being cut out so they could stop the blood flooding his head and he has been in a coma since.

And I was worried about football.

Written down, it sounds ridiculous, but really it makes a twisted sort of sense. The Knowles family have never been particularly good communicators. Phone calls are an awkward necessity and conversations are as brief as they need to be. Without football we would probably go for weeks without seeing each other. With it we had a reason to be in the same place every other week.

We also always had something to talk about. Occasionally the conversation would stray to what we were doing with our lives but it never drifted too far from discussing whether Jonathan Walters was better deployed centrally or on the right of a forward three. Football is the universal language for blokes who find small talk a challenge.

This dialogue continued into the hospital wards. The doctors and nurses all seem to have different opinions on how much coma patients can hear and understand. What they do all agree on is that it's worth a try, right? So I'd stand at my Dad's bedside and look at all the tubes coming out of him and I'd tell him about how we've been linked with Xherdan Shaqiri and that Begovic was probably going to Chelsea, but it's OK because we never rated him anyway.

One time, when the critical care ward was quiet and I'd run out of things to say, I sang 'Oh When The Reds Come Marching In' to him. A nurse passed mid-song and smiled sympathetically at me. It was the saddest moment of my life, but afterwards, walking out of the ward, I smiled at how he'd react if he did hear it. He would ***** himself laughing at me, then he would join in.

That's what supporting Stoke City is all about. Passion and self-deprecation. Deep down, you know a grown man in a replica shirt is hilarious but you'll still put your arm around him and jump up and down when Crouch launches his lanky frame onto the end of a fizzing cross.

Looking back, I can map out my entire relationship with my Dad to our relationship with Stoke. Some of my earliest memories are of him forming a protective circle to stop me being crushed into the metal rail by the surging throng of Stoke fans charging down the Boothen End terrace at the Victoria Ground. We both watched in disbelief as the pitch was invaded when we won promotion to the Premier League and sung Delilah along with Dicko. When I stood on the steps at Wembley for Stoke's FA Cup Final game against Manchester City I shed a tear and my Dad put his arm around me without saying a word as we looked out onto the pitch. We both knew what that moment meant, we probably shared a similar one at the Autoglass Trophy Final in 1992.

So now when we are being told about rehabilitation and the potential damage that could have been done to his body and the time his recovery could take, I'm still worrying about him being OK in time for the new season. It could be a good one, I don't want him to miss it.

It won't be the same without him refusing to look when we have a penalty, without him defending Whelan every time the bloke a few rows back shouts about how **** he is, without his once-per-match rant at the referee for a decision that nobody else in the ground thought was wrong.

To try and help in some small way I'd love to be able to record a minute's applause for him on the 12th minute of the first game against Liverpool. So often I've taken part in them for people who are sadly gone, I think it would be good to have one for somebody who will be able to appreciate it when they come back to us.

I've always worried that if something happened to my Dad I would feel like I hadn't seen him enough, hadn't spent enough time with him. Now that time has come I'm relieved to discover I don't feel like that. We've hugged, we've screamed with joy in each other's faces, we've shed a tear.

And all that's down to football. With one week to go, Dad isn't going to be ok for the new season, but I'm sure he'll enjoy the in-depth match reports I'll be giving him every day until he wakes up.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:46 am

Is it a 3pm or 4pm kick off?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:57 pm

4pm on Sunday. Maybe the mods could change the topic title to avoid confusion.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:18 pm

There's always something special about the start of a new season, it's a great time of the year, the only downside is that once the footy season starts you know autumn and winter aren't far off.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:35 am

I predict a 2-0 win Coutiniho wonder goal and Millner
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games