RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Soupyzrx » Fri May 22, 2015 10:03 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 22, 2015 5:23 pm wrote:Then and only then  can we duly slate the greedy ungrateful little snipe for his twisted loyalty.

Haha, love it.

No prizes for guessing where you stand on the Sterling situation then, RBG?
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby parchpea » Sun May 24, 2015 12:39 am

If we where still a top club Sterling would be signing on again and we would be buying a class act to give him competition.

Don't blame Sterling for one minute wanting away from the Anfield omnishambles and don't allow FSG spin to turn your head.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun May 24, 2015 2:21 am

Whilst I agree with the sentiments of yor comment, lets not try to make out he's a victim........  :no

He's moving to get a pay rise and nowt else.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun May 24, 2015 8:21 am

parchpea » Sat May 23, 2015 11:39 pm wrote:If we where still a top club Sterling would be signing on again and we would be buying a class act to give him competition.

Don't blame Sterling for one minute wanting away from the Anfield omnishambles and don't allow FSG spin to turn your head.

With all due respect who the fck is Sterling? This year he looked like a total tool ,other then running fast he showed a wide variety of stupidity and lack of talent. He is another young lad with a twisted sense of reality and self esteem. We seen so many of those "stars" just burst into flames and disappear into anonymity...He is surely on this track.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sun May 24, 2015 11:58 am

From Andy Dunn in today's Sunday Mirror

BLIMEY! Imagine the fuss if he could kick the ball straight more often than not.

Raheem Sterling has a trick or two – but reliable, top-class finishing isn’t one of them.

Best young player in Europe?

On recent evidence, one of the most overrated.

If someone is prepared to rid Anfield of Sterling and his agent AND hand over £40million, then Liverpool should walk him to his destination.

His career on Merseyside is surely finished.

He was very good when enjoying the time and space given to him by the unremitting brilliance and labour of Luis Suarez, the constant threat of Daniel Sturridge and the last vestiges of Steven Gerrard’s majesty, but has hardly thrived when the burden of responsibility has grown.

When Brendan Rodgers was talking him up, maybe he knew Sterling would be off and was trying to get a few extra quid for him.

Not that you have to do much talking to get a few extra quid for decent English players.

Liverpool paid £25million for Adam Lallana, a nice footballer.

But he is six years older than Sterling and, arguably, not as good.

And Sterling can improve. If he is to match the grandeur of his agent’s ­ambitions, he needs to.

Aidy Ward is the breed of agent who becomes the news.

Just as Jonathan Barnett has become news in Madrid over his Gareth Bale comments.

He “has never been to one of our training sessions”, said the wonderfully caustic Carlo Ancelotti.

Rightly or wrongly, it has never been seen as the noblest of professions, but Ward is having a mighty fine crack at taking it to new lows.

Earlier in the week, he gave a ­statement to talkSPORT, saying the Sterling-won’t-sign stories had been “blown out of proportion”.

A couple of days later, he ­apparently said Sterling would not be signing, not even for “£700,000, £800,000 or £900,000 a week”.

Ward is fully entitled to try and find ways for his client to leave if that’s what Sterling wants to do.

He is fully entitled to drive a hard bargain.

Do not believe Jamie Carragher’s and Steven Gerrard’s agent never played hardball.

Gerrard was earning a hundred grand a week TEN years ago.

But you wonder if Ward has ever heard of someone like Tony Stephens.

Not seen and not heard, Stephens was the agent for the formative years of the careers of players such as David Platt, Michael Owen, Alan Shearer and David Beckham.

And I can’t remember hearing a peep from him.

He certainly never called anyone a “knob”.

And the public persona of those ­footballers benefited from that. There is absolutely no doubt Ward has his client’s interests at heart.

It is clear the two have a bond.

But he is saddling Sterling with an image that is probably unjustified.

If this whole thing is not about money, just hand in a transfer request.

A good, old-fashioned transfer request.

Write it out, get Sterling to sign it and post it through Rodgers’ door.

It is easy.

If Liverpool accept, that might mean foregoing a few quid, but, hey, it’s not about the dough.

Rodgers is making noises that ­Liverpool would not grant such a request.

Principles are flexible in football, none more so than the one which suggests a player should be shipped out the moment he makes it clear he sees his future elsewhere.

If that player is Cristiano Ronaldo or Luis Suarez, that principle can be binned.

If that player is Raheem Sterling, stick to it.
Qq
Liverpool should sell.
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Santa » Fri May 29, 2015 7:09 am

Reg » Sun May 24, 2015 1:21 am wrote:Whilst I agree with the sentiments of yor comment, lets not try to make out he's a victim........  :no

He's moving to get a pay rise and nowt else.

My initial reaction was that this greedy little brat is all about money but it's quite possible that he can no longer see eye to eye with Brendan and decided he wants out. The club decided to put a spin on this and labeled him greedy and not wanting to sign on.

With Brendan (and Ayre and the rest of the numpties upstairs) out the true picture might emerged? Who knows but one thing is for sure...a Raheem with his head properly screwed on is definitely a major asset to us.

Of course all these are merely moot point but it could be that the relationship between Brendan and some of the key players have deteriorated to such an extend that we saw the effect spilled on to the pitch? What do you think?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri May 29, 2015 7:29 am

Your post is pure speculation.............  Equally so he might not like the colour of the changing room walls.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri May 29, 2015 9:30 am

I personally dont give a shiny sh'ite what Sterling says or what he wants. He has been badly advised and should have kept his mouth shut. He has come out of this looking like a greedy little tw@t who thinks he is far better than he is.
He either apologises for his childish and disrespectful behaviour, or he is sold asap.
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby C-R » Fri May 29, 2015 10:12 am

Thommo's perm » Fri May 29, 2015 8:30 am wrote:I personally dont give a shiny sh'ite what Sterling says or what he wants. He has been badly advised and should have kept his mouth shut. He has come out of this looking like a greedy little tw@t who thinks he is far better than he is.
He either apologises for his childish and disrespectful behaviour, or he is sold asap.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Fri May 29, 2015 6:13 pm

Reg » Fri May 29, 2015 6:29 am wrote:Your post is pure speculation.............  Equally so he might not like the colour of the changing room walls.

I have already state that my opinion are speculative, it's what I think...so what's your point here?  :0
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri May 29, 2015 10:50 pm

f*ck him.
Eagle

Postby Reg » Sat May 30, 2015 3:50 am

Santa » Sat May 30, 2015 1:13 am wrote:
Reg » Fri May 29, 2015 6:29 am wrote:Your post is pure speculation.............  Equally so he might not like the colour of the changing room walls.

I have already state that my opinion are speculative, it's what I think...so what's your point here?  :0

Regurgitating the same negative anti-Rodgers, blame-everything-on-Rodgers, make-it -up-about-Rodgers cr@p thats been polluting this forum for the past 2 months. Lets leave speculation out and focus on facts. Someone else once said that.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:56 pm

Watched some England friendly right now ,every minute he played we lost a million....wow what a clueless lad he really crashed and burned this season....can't say I feel sorry for the boy.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:02 pm

only me » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:56 pm wrote:Watched some England friendly right now ,every minute he played we lost a million....wow what a clueless lad he really crashed and burned this season....can't say I feel sorry for the boy.

Yeah just watched it myself, awful game, he was boo'ed and jeered by the irish crowd every time he touched the ball (he was the only England player that happened to as well)
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:33 pm

The lad needs to sort his head out and sack his agent.

He's been given awful advice these past few months and stands to lose millions if we refuse to sell. His performances haven't helped either.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion