Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 27, 2015 2:16 pm

Kopite-Jud » Wed May 27, 2015 12:54 pm wrote:At least Rodgers what right all along....

We have a group full of "good guys" and "character" after all, that's what matters right?

He's starting to look like a Roy Evans Mark II.
Some nice football but the players are taking the pi$$ out of him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:25 pm

Santa » Wed May 27, 2015 12:47 pm wrote:You know it has hit rock bottom when the team just suffered a 5 goals whopping in the first 45 mins, players not giving a shit while wearing the shirt, minds on holidays and merely going through the motion yet some ass here choose to be happy calling it team spirit. Get a fucking life will ya and stop all these bullshit...where are your pride watching us got hammered by the mighty Palace and Stoke in consecutive weeks and still choose to look away and pretending we are not in some serious shit? Supporters? deluded more like  :veryangry

Easy love, that time of the month or something? I think every supporter has a right to be fuming with the performance of the team this season and last especially last weekend, however them going on holiday to Dubai means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things, if they players want to give Gerrard a send off good on them, its the least he deserves.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:27 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 27, 2015 1:10 pm wrote:
Santa » Wed May 27, 2015 12:47 pm wrote:You know it has hit rock bottom when the team just suffered a 5 goals whopping in the first 45 mins, players not giving a shit while wearing the shirt, minds on holidays and merely going through the motion yet some ass here choose to be happy calling it team spirit. Get a fucking life will ya and stop all these bullshit...where are your pride watching us got hammered by the mighty Palace and Stoke in consecutive weeks and still choose to look away and pretending we are not in some serious shit? Supporters? deluded more like  :veryangry

We've had players playing for this club in the past who wouldn't have been able to get out of bed for 2 days after a result like that.
Our most humiliating defeat in half a century and hours later the players are partying like they couldn't care less, says it all really. No wonder we are losers and also rans.
Probably had a great night when we got our @rses handed to us by Villa at Wembley too.
When you think that players like Kevin Keegan and Emlyn Hughes got paid a couple of hundred pounds a week and you see that bunch of losers dancing around in a millionaires paradise it just puts everything into perspective.
Then again I'm calling them losers, the real losers are the fans who pay for all this.
5-0 down at half time to a team built around Charlie Adam and Jon Walters  :no

Funny how your so quick to slag the players off as a bunch of overpaid losers but every other post your praising the incompetant Brendan Rodgers who buys, trains and picks them each week, the mind boggles.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:28 pm

some of you can choose to call those who don't agree with your opinion, wants more from the club, heart broken at what we are seeing this season under the misguidance of your idol, demanded more from the team etc names such as "plastic fans" and "whining committee" etc. Fact is I'm more than happy to be labeled as such supporting the team with passion...much better you lot contented to settled for being average and living happily in mediocrity for life.

but your calling the pro Rodgers so why can't they call the Anti Rodgers? pot, kettle, Grimy Ar$e. move along child.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 27, 2015 2:37 pm

Fowler_E7 » Wed May 27, 2015 1:27 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 27, 2015 1:10 pm wrote:

We've had players playing for this club in the past who wouldn't have been able to get out of bed for 2 days after a result like that.
Our most humiliating defeat in half a century and hours later the players are partying like they couldn't care less, says it all really. No wonder we are losers and also rans.
Probably had a great night when we got our @rses handed to us by Villa at Wembley too.
When you think that players like Kevin Keegan and Emlyn Hughes got paid a couple of hundred pounds a week and you see that bunch of losers dancing around in a millionaires paradise it just puts everything into perspective.
Then again I'm calling them losers, the real losers are the fans who pay for all this.

Funny how your so quick to slag the players off as a bunch of overpaid losers but every other post your praising the incompetant Brendan Rodgers who buys, trains and picks them each week, the mind boggles.

Well I was giving Brendan the benefit of the doubt after going as close to the title as any Liverpool manager in the last quarter of a century but after seeing that I may have to reconsider my position.
It's obvious that he is struggling to get across to that lot what it means to play for this club.
As far as I'm concerned the lot of them can go, the manager and the players, none of them deserve to wear the badge.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 27, 2015 2:51 pm

Would this be an "unsanctioned" party by any chance ?..

Seriously lads I can't believe some have their kecks in a twist over that. Sure everyone is disgusted at how the season panned out and especially in the last 2 months. Last weeks result just added insult to injury but whats done is done and it cannot be reversed. The season is now over and if that video was shot around the end of july then I would say its a problem.

Every club in the league has an end of season party, Whether you win something or get relegated there is a party. What is the club supposed to do ? tell them they aren't having it and confine them to a room for their holliday's while they write an essay on how it went wrong this season ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed May 27, 2015 3:02 pm

Reg » Wed May 27, 2015 12:37 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 27, 2015 7:14 am wrote:

Do you honestly think these  boards will stay amicable if this imbecile stays in the job ,because if you do fella you're cursed  with the same naivety as Rodgers.

Yes I do expect this board to remain amicable, insulting other posters for the next 6 months will achieve nothing. If you hate Rodgers so much, write him a letter every day telling him and post them direct to Anfield but don't pull this forum down by regurgitating negative cr@p day in day out because you're preaching to the converted and its only going to become incredibly boring.  ???  Come on Red, thumping the table on this forum doesn't actually achieve anything. Give Sons of Shankly a call.

Right on Reg. If one were to read through all the posts here from around October last year until now, one can see that it is the anti Rodgers brigade who is mostly insulting other posters. The pro Rodgers brigade usually are just saying their opinion without resorting to name calling. We all have our fustrations. I'm not saying everyone who is anti-Rodgers does it, but in general this forum is going down the drain. I usually just say my peace and ignore those posters who are trying to insult me for having an opinion contrary to theirs. Everyone should have the right to post their opinions on this forum but it is starting to look like a feckin dictatorship.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 27, 2015 3:07 pm

red till i die!! » Wed May 27, 2015 1:51 pm wrote:Would this be an "unsanctioned" party by any chance ?..

Seriously lads I can't believe some have their kecks in a twist over that. Sure everyone is disgusted at how the season panned out and especially in the last 2 months. Last weeks result just added insult to injury but whats done is done and it cannot be reversed. The season is now over and if that video was shot around the end of july then I would say its a problem.

Every club in the league has an end of season party, Whether you win something or get relegated there is a party. What is the club supposed to do ? tell them they aren't having it and confine them to a room for their holliday's while they write an essay on how it went wrong this season ?

There's no f**king way they should be dancing around like that hours after getting tw*tted by Stoke. The Stoke result wasn't just a run off the mill bad day at the office, it was our worst defeat in 50 f**king years ffs.
The fact that there was no one in that squad that didn't have the sense to say let's postpone this party for a week just highlights how out of touch these lot are.
To play like they did at Stoke and then to carry on like that a day or so later is a disgrace to the badge imo.
Seriously this club needs a clear out.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed May 27, 2015 3:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 27, 2015 2:07 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed May 27, 2015 1:51 pm wrote:Would this be an "unsanctioned" party by any chance ?..

There's no f**king way they should be dancing around like that hours after getting tw*tted by Stoke. The Stoke result wasn't just a run off the mill bad day at the office, it was our worst defeat in 50 f**king years ffs.
The fact that there was no one in that squad that didn't have the sense to say let's postpone this party for a week just highlights how out of touch these lot are.
To play like they did at Stoke and then to carry on like that a day or so later is a disgrace to the badge imo.

It really is a disgrace... and Gerrard is at the centre of it. At least celebrate the farewell party after a day or so?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:33 pm

maguskwt » Wed May 27, 2015 2:09 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 27, 2015 2:07 pm wrote:

It really is a disgrace... and Gerrard is at the centre of it. At least celebrate the farewell party after a day or so?

And what diffrence whuld that make if they went to party a day later?  :laugh:
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed May 27, 2015 3:41 pm

I don't know, perhaps we are reading a bit too much into it.
I take my own career seriously but i still occasionally head out at the weekend, have a few beers and switch off for a few hours.  I'd go insane if I didn't. 

Only the players themselves will know how they feel.  I must admit though, I agree with the Roy Evans comparison.

I don't think this would happen if Ged or Rafa were in charge.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 27, 2015 3:56 pm

The way that lot have performed in recent weeks I think it's disgraceful I really do.
Is there not one player amongst that lot with any common sense?
Look at their performance against Villa in the semi, or Palace last week at Anfield. To be fair to Palace if they would have had a bit more luck infront of goal they could have put 6 past us themselves. Look at the way we gave up on the CL against West Brom and Hull when United were faltering. Look at that once in a generation hammering against also rans like Stoke.
When you've spent the past month looking like you don't give a $hit is it really the wisest thing to do to run out and have a party at the first possible opportunity?
This club will win nothing with players with that attitude, we need a clear out.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Wed May 27, 2015 3:59 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Wed May 27, 2015 4:15 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 27, 2015 8:10 pm wrote:

Yakka....expect more of this if Rodgers stays as a head coach. Yes...... the mentality of this club is going down with that buffoon in charge.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 27, 2015 5:10 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 27, 2015 9:16 pm wrote:

He's starting to look like a Roy Evans Mark II.

Jeez Yakka that really is sticking the knife in, don't want to go through that again.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion