Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby eds » Wed May 27, 2015 4:18 am

It works both ways though Reg, the cult of Bodge need to just argue why he should stay rather then insulting other forum members. Something which (outside of Yakka) they can't seem to do.

That being said I hate to think what will happen if he remains as our manager, brings in another small army of kids and has-beens and we have (as expected) a terrible start to next season.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Santa » Wed May 27, 2015 4:47 am

So we start the revolution and the quick accent to the submit by giving Toure a contract extension then take aim for a cut price Ings. Same old same old...praying for a miracle with the same old ineffective strategy
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 27, 2015 6:27 am

eds » Wed May 27, 2015 11:18 am wrote:It works both ways though Reg, the cult of Bodge need to just argue why he should stay rather then insulting other forum members. Something which (outside of Yakka) they can't seem to do.

That being said I hate to think what will happen if he remains as our manager, brings in another small army of kids and has-beens and we have (as expected) a terrible start to next season.  :no

We see eye to eye on the potential for another disappointing year mate and the longer term damage that would do but we all know that screaming  at each other on this forum in reality achieves nothing. If Yakka wants to defend BR then so be it but there's no need for folks to attack anyone else on a person level simply because it's not Yakka who decides whether BR stays or is fired.

When Rafa was under intense pressure and it looked like he would quit, I sent him a letter to his home by DHL. I like to think that if and when he read it in the quietness of his home, it might have had some impact in making him stay, which he did, if only for a further 12 months. I made my point in a more direct way.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed May 27, 2015 8:51 am

Reg the forum has been in the doldrums for a very long time. Fkg clowns like Benny the Goon did irepairable damage and unfortunately the WHINGE COMMITTEE seem to have now taken control. Soon there will be nobody left except for RBG Eds Alymoron and Red Ant who seem determined to bore everybody into an early grave.Regular posters (SORRY WHINGERS) on this forum probably number less than ten. I don't necessarily disagree with some of the points that are being made. What I loathe is the constant diatribe of negativity that is repeated every fkg day. Enjoy the summer lads.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed May 27, 2015 9:52 am

devaney » Wed May 27, 2015 7:51 am wrote:Reg the forum has been in the doldrums for a very long time. Fkg clowns like Benny the Goon did irepairable damage and unfortunately the WHINGE COMMITTEE seem to have now taken control. Soon there will be nobody left except for RBG Eds Alymoron and Red Ant who seem determined to bore everybody into an early grave.Regular posters (SORRY WHINGERS) on this forum probably number less than ten. I don't necessarily disagree with some of the points that are being made. What I loathe is the constant diatribe of negativity that is repeated every fkg day. Enjoy the summer lads.

I like you're optimism...

But the club is spiraling towards a black hole.   

How can you be positive after just being thumped by the mighty Stoke City 6-1
Kopite-Jud

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed May 27, 2015 10:12 am

What you are saying is that people are happy with Sundays result and where we finished in the league. This couldnt be further from the truth. I personally am Fu*king fuming at how we publicly imploded and threw away a legitimate chance of finishing in the top 3, never mind top 4. But to blame it all on the manager is silly and unfair. Of course he has to take the majority of the responsibility as he sorts the tactics, formations and team selection, but there have been other major factors in this seasons fiasco. The Sterling story and Gerrards announcement to leave both took their toll and morale has been terrible for months. Of course the managers constant bullsh'it to the media didnt help, nor his picking of players who were either unwilling or unable to do the job. The money thats been spent on certain players looks to have been a mistake, but others simply havent had the chance, or taken it when they have.
We mustnt fall into the trap of thinking that a new manager will guarantee instant success because it wont. He will bring in a new method and new staff and probably new players, and all these things will take time to work, if they work at all. Lets not forget that FSG do things their way and wont be rushed into hasty decisions just because people are calling for Rodgers head. People are already criticising interest in the likes of Ings and Bentekke, but what we would have given for those two last season instead of Sterling and Balotelli?
We need a little time to calm ourselves and take stock and analyse what went wrong and why. Rodgers is here until Christmas at the earliest, so lets see what happens over the summer before we start acting like evertonians and mancs. Once the deadwood and distractions have gone we will see where we stand and what weve got. Be positive and good things will happen...
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Wed May 27, 2015 10:22 am

No mate, what we're saying is we're ALL reds, we can ALL see the problem but we interpret the issues and the solutions in different ways but no matter how much we get upset her on Newkit, you and I and Eds and Yakka or Dundremin' are not going to change a fig at Anfield. Changes will come about due to SOS, the media or the owners changing direction.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed May 27, 2015 10:22 am

What made us love the mighty Liverpool in the 1st place ?

Was it the passion ?

The high energy impressive football?

Was it the amount of trophies at our desposal ?

Was it Keegan, Rush, Dalglish, Souness, Fowler, Owen ?

Was it being the most successful club in England, and watching Rome, St Etienne , Istanbul etc ?

Was it visiting our church Anfield?

Well what ever our reasons are they are falling apart infront of our eyes. Because NONE of the above are what this club stand for under the current regime.  I have NEVER in my life time seen us that bad in European football / A MAJOR cup final and have NEVER seen us get thumped by ANYONE in world football 6-1.

But to some thats just the "whinge commitee" and are happy to trundle on with the way things are going.
Kopite-Jud

Postby Reg » Wed May 27, 2015 10:25 am

Your post is spot on apart from the last line. No one likes whats going on, we're all upset but at the same time we have to deal with it.

Let's not fall out amongst ourselves when the problem is in Boston USA or the manager's office in Liverpool.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed May 27, 2015 10:26 am

Reg » Wed May 27, 2015 9:22 am wrote:No mate, what we're saying is we're ALL reds, we can ALL see the problem but we interpret the issues and the solutions in different ways but no matter how much we get upset her on Newkit, you and I and Eds and Yakka or Dundremin' are not going to change a fig at Anfield. Changes will come about due to SOS, the media or the owners changing direction.

:nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed May 27, 2015 11:04 am

Kopite-Jud » Wed May 27, 2015 9:22 am wrote:What made us love the mighty Liverpool in the 1st place ?

Was it the passion ?

The high energy impressive football?

Was it the amount of trophies at our desposal ?

Was it Keegan, Rush, Dalglish, Souness, Fowler, Owen ?

Was it being the most successful club in England, and watching Rome, St Etienne , Istanbul etc ?

Was it visiting our church Anfield?
Well what ever our reasons are they are falling apart infront of our eyes. Because NONE of the above are what this club stand for under the current regime.  I have NEVER in my life time seen us that bad in European football / A MAJOR cup final and have NEVER seen us get thumped by ANYONE in world football 6-1.

But to some thats just the "whinge commitee" and are happy to trundle on with the way things are going.

Youre lucky you werent a supporter in the 50's
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 27, 2015 11:22 am

devaney » Wed May 27, 2015 7:51 am wrote:Reg the forum has been in the doldrums for a very long time. Fkg clowns like Benny the Goon did irepairable damage and unfortunately the WHINGE COMMITTEE seem to have now taken control. Soon there will be nobody left except for RBG Eds Alymoron and Red Ant who seem determined to bore everybody into an early grave.Regular posters (SORRY WHINGERS) on this forum probably number less than ten. I don't necessarily disagree with some of the points that are being made. What I loathe is the constant diatribe of negativity that is repeated every fkg day. Enjoy the summer lads.

Last nights venting came about after it was implied we wind our necks in ! If the intention of the request was to spike a retort then it worked perfectly !

Contrary to popular belief you and your ilk have been contributing equally to the tedium that these boards have sadly become sodden with ,however don't concern
yourself with the thought I'd be content with posting whilst this crank is still in the job ....I will be taking a well earned sabbatical from posting 'anything' if this
ridiculous little man remains at his post.... So I hope that's quelled your fears somewhat  ???

So  now I've imparted my course of action in a vain effort to retain a grip on my sanity . I will put the 'DO NOT DISTURB' sign on the door as I can assure you I wont
be interrupting the love in..... However if Rodgers goes I will be kicking the fucking door off its hinges and celebrating like its Christmas  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed May 27, 2015 11:28 am

:laugh:
Tis the season to be jolly
:;):
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Wed May 27, 2015 11:37 am

I'll go wake up the missus!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 27, 2015 11:39 am

Just seen a clip over on RAWK of the players dancing around in Dubai, good to see they are as heartbroken as we all are about that wash out of a season.
What a job being a pro footballer is these days, are there any other jobs apart from football and banking that reward failure so much?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion