Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue May 26, 2015 12:37 pm

leeroy74 » Tue May 26, 2015 11:19 am wrote:anyone got anything else they can turn into a stick and beat Rodgers with? come on, stand up and be counted after all it's a "kick Rodgers in the nuts" fest.

His name is an anagram of bang red droners?
:oops:
Thommo's perm

Postby leeroy74 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:25 pm

well done you for working that out
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Tue May 26, 2015 2:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 26, 2015 11:13 am wrote:I'm not a fan of DoF's, imo they are just another layer of beaurocracy which just further muddies the waters, there's already a distinct lack of accountability at the club and appointing a DoF will just make the issue even worse.
Besides we had one in Comoli and sacked him within a year, now we want one again? It's starting to look like FSG are just teetering around in the dark and haven't really got a clue how to put a competent managerial structure in place.
If they aren't happy then just sack the manager, I don't want him to go but I'd rather that than go through another year of who signed who?...who's in charge?.... he's not getting along with him....his best mate is the manager of such and such and he wants him in etc etc etc
Imo FSG need to give the manager full control of everything on the football side of the business just like the old days, yes I know it goes against their instincts and their philosophy to spend tens of millions on the say so of just one man but if it all turns pear shaped then at least you know who to sack!

Completely agree!
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Octsky » Tue May 26, 2015 3:58 pm

rogers loves the media more than anything,
he loves to talk big,
if he stays for another season, it will be a disastrous season.
klopp and carlos are available and we need to do everything in our power to get either of them,
even rafa, if he is not going to RM, will be the lesser of the two evils.
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 26, 2015 5:02 pm

The Echo are saying his job his safe, I think the Rodgers out brigade need to wind their necks in a bit now, at least for the time being anyway. Our concern now should be focussed on who we are bringing in, in fact that is THE most important thing.
More than anything what this club needs now is decent players. If the likes of Ings and Milner are the height of our ambition then you could have Rinus Michels In charge but f**k all would change.
We need to stop lowballing teams, stop dragging on negotiations and stop aiming low.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Tue May 26, 2015 5:10 pm

If his job is safe is it for the right reasons? No, it's all down to money, how much they would have to compensate him, how much a new manager would cost, how much a new manager would want to spend. Keeping BR would be the cheapest option and don't go expecting any marque signings because the like of Milner and Ings will probably be the best we will get and BR won't kick up a stink as keeping his mouth shut about it and accepting what he is given and told will be the price for keeping his job, he will be in a very weak position.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue May 26, 2015 5:11 pm

I'm hearing that there 'may' be some news on the BR front tomorrow. I'll do a bit more digging....

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby The_Rock » Tue May 26, 2015 5:48 pm

Kash_Mountain » Tue May 26, 2015 11:11 pm wrote:I'm hearing that there 'may' be some news on the BR front tomorrow. I'll do a bit more digging....

Please do...... Its imperative that he gets the sack.

David Brent says hi

BTW, you guys did this quiz ? Its hilarious....

http://www.theguardian.com/football/qui ... uotes-quiz
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue May 26, 2015 6:06 pm

The_Rock » Tue May 26, 2015 4:48 pm wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Tue May 26, 2015 11:11 pm wrote:I'm hearing that there 'may' be some news on the BR front tomorrow. I'll do a bit more digging....

Please do...... Its imperative that he gets the sack.

David Brent says hi

BTW, you guys did this quiz ? Its hilarious....

http://www.theguardian.com/football/qui ... uotes-quiz

I got 8/10, can't believe the two I got wrong, I put down Brent but they were actually BR's quotes, unbelievable :laugh:
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Tue May 26, 2015 8:35 pm

leeroy74 » Tue May 26, 2015 7:57 am wrote:I hope he stays. He's learning as he goes, you just don't go from coming 2nd one season to being the sh!ttest manager ever (as some on here rate him) in one season. The loss of key players was crucial to this decline. He signed a boat load last summer thinking that was the correct tactic but he's learnt it isn't, he even said so himself in his Talksport interview not so long since. If he stays on I'd expect one marquee signing hopefully to replace the 20+ goals LS took with him. Then maybe one or two good signing to replace the leavers (Johnson, Gerrard, Sterling etc) then start the rebuild from there. He's not stupid, he's not an idiot , he's just made an error in how he tried to take us forward last summer. Hope he stays. Just my opinion though.

Why do you use the fact that he may have learned not to waste a fortune as I good thing? A lot of managers already know that. What could he have learned about transfers from a bunch of failed ones? Hasn't he been signing players for three years? How long must we wait for this guy to catch up with all the things a manager should be good at? What damage must the club take? What will Brendan ultimately bring that will make such a sacrifice worthwhile, and that a more clued-up manager couldn't already do?

As for the "Rodgers safe" stuff, it only takes one journalist to make up a story to fill his slot for the others to take it up incase they're missing something.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue May 26, 2015 9:40 pm

leeroy74 » Tue May 26, 2015 1:25 pm wrote:well done you for working that out

Took me a while like, but thanks
:cool:
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 26, 2015 11:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 26, 2015 12:13 pm wrote:I'm not a fan of DoF's, imo they are just another layer of beaurocracy which just further muddies the waters, there's already a distinct lack of accountability at the club and appointing a DoF will just make the issue even worse.
Besides we had one in Comoli and sacked him within a year, now we want one again? It's starting to look like FSG are just teetering around in the dark and haven't really got a clue how to put a competent managerial structure in place.
If they aren't happy then just sack the manager, I don't want him to go but I'd rather that than go through another year of who signed who?...who's in charge?.... he's not getting along with him....his best mate is the manager of such and such and he wants him in etc etc etc
Imo FSG need to give the manager full control of everything on the football side of the business just like the old days, yes I know it goes against their instincts and their philosophy to spend tens of millions on the say so of just one man but if it all turns pear shaped then at least you know who to sack!

Come on yakka, You know fine well they wanted to go with a D,O,F in 2012 before brendan came in. He said no and then this committee came about. Maybe they feel that committee set up isn't working and they would like to go back to hiring a D,O,F.  It's what they wanted to do in 2012 after all. Comoli got canned because of the players he signed so at least if one arrives it will give accountability.

If Van Gaal was lined up to fill that role in 2012 then imo rodger's turned down a golden opportunity to work with him. He would have helped pull better players and totally get's tiki tika. Imo had rodgers of accepted him he wouldn't be in this mess now and would be a better manager for it. They could have been a dream team  :D

Giving a manager full control is long gone and this lot certainly ain't going to bring it back.

Out of curiosity.
How much say in transfers do you think the manager already has ? Is it none ? A 5th of a say ? Or here is a list so pick from it or do without ?.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed May 27, 2015 12:07 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 26, 2015 4:02 pm wrote:The Echo are saying his job his safe, I think the Rodgers out brigade need to wind their necks in a bit now, at least for the time being anyway. Our concern now should be focussed on who we are bringing in, in fact that is THE most important thing.
More than anything what this club needs now is decent players. If the likes of Ings and Milner are the height of our ambition then you could have Rinus Michels In charge but f**k all would change.
We need to stop lowballing teams, stop dragging on negotiations and stop aiming low.

What a contradiction Yakka.

With FSG as our owners and Brendan Rodgers at the helm we will end up mid table next season slowly sinking towards relegation.

With no investment in the team, a continued strategy of buying young or cheap players and an inept spud managing us, we all fear the worst. And rightly so.

No quality players will want to arrive after last season so under this regime it's inevitable that players like Danny Ings and James Milner will be signed furthering our fall from grace.

So telling people to "wind their necks in" is just stupid, if anything our owners are the ones that need to WIND THEIR F**KING NECKS IN AND JUST SELL UP ALREADY  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 27, 2015 12:14 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 26, 2015 4:02 pm wrote:The Echo are saying his job his safe, I think the Rodgers out brigade need to wind their necks in a bit now, at least for the time being anyway. Our concern now should be focussed on who we are bringing in, in fact that is THE most important thing.

Do you honestly think these  boards will stay amicable if this imbecile stays in the job ,because if you do fella you're cursed  with the same naivety as Rodgers.
I for one will be f*cking livid if this miscreant retains his post ,the man's a cretin. It beggars belief how some posters still back this Irish blurt ,I personally find
him galling in the extreme ,and Katie Hopkins less offensive. So we've got to wind our necks in after the owners have supposedly proffered this tool another
season to drag this once great club into the same ***** this 'odd bod' carry' s on the soles of his expensive loafers ....He stinks the place out, and frankly I'm surprised
the apologists with being in such close proximity with his arse this season haven't detected the stench.

It makes not a jot of difference what players we get in the summer as this crank will play them out of position ,the man hasn't the slightest igloo about how to utilise
a players abilities or 'where or how' to fucking play them.

Markovic will be the next player we lose ,the most coveted young player in Europe when we bought him ,and criminally underused by 'Brendan blag' ,the same goes
for Lucas ,possibly the catalyst for our brief relief return to normality and once he comes back from injury he drops him like a stone.

His decision making slides down the wrong side of absurd ,he's incapable of giving the fans the line up we wish to see ,I've lost count of the times I've been sitting in
the Kop only for someone to tell me he's only put  Henderson or Lallana at  fucking WB again ,or Sterling is leading the line ,a move even Arthur C Clarke
would omit from his book because it sits out of the zone of UNBELIEVABLE !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 27, 2015 1:37 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 27, 2015 7:14 am wrote:

Do you honestly think these  boards will stay amicable if this imbecile stays in the job ,because if you do fella you're cursed  with the same naivety as Rodgers.

Yes I do expect this board to remain amicable, insulting other posters for the next 6 months will achieve nothing. If you hate Rodgers so much, write him a letter every day telling him and post them direct to Anfield but don't pull this forum down by regurgitating negative cr@p day in day out because you're preaching to the converted and its only going to become incredibly boring.  ???  Come on Red, thumping the table on this forum doesn't actually achieve anything. Give Sons of Shankly a call.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion