Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby fivecups » Mon May 25, 2015 11:38 pm

fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 25, 2015 11:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 25, 2015 9:51 pm wrote:With all the arguing about Rodgers we've forgotten to wish each other 'Happy Istanbul Day'  :buttrock

Ah go on then Image
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon May 25, 2015 11:59 pm

Oh wow the deluded cultist brigade are back in numbers I see.

Starting to suspect that these "supporters" are all Manc trolls.

They can't explain why they want Rodgers here and how he will turn things around but definately want him here to continue the turmoil.  :suspect:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 26, 2015 12:24 am

metalhead » Mon May 25, 2015 9:51 pm wrote:He isn't going anywhere

Ridiculous really, he didn't get the same treatment as Kenny did.

I totally agree.

Although I accept Kenny wasn't the right man to take us forward, I'm baffled that FSG think BR will transform into a world class manager over the summer. Would LOVE to be proven wrong, but just can't see it...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue May 26, 2015 1:37 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 25, 2015 8:47 pm wrote:About this time ten years ago we were all going through the best night of football we will ever have thanks to that man RBG.
He's a non starter though, for one he's off to Madrid and according to the rumour mill him and Ayre don't get on.
That's putting it mildly.

Rafa without Pako is just NOT the same deal
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue May 26, 2015 1:51 am

We Have the Best Midfield in the World...man how i long to have the quad of Alonso, Sissoko, Gerrard & Mascerano back

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue May 26, 2015 2:33 am

Cisse, Trore, Biscan LOL -- but these are men who raised above themselves and forever live the life of a RED LEGEND Thank you!!!

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue May 26, 2015 2:36 am

eds » Tue May 26, 2015 6:59 am wrote:Oh wow the deluded cultist brigade are back in numbers I see.

Starting to suspect that these "supporters" are all Manc trolls.

They can't explain why they want Rodgers here and how he will turn things around but definately want him here to continue the turmoil.  :suspect:

Come on Eds, respect other opinions whether you agree or not....

In reality whether he SHOULD GO or WILL GO are 2 completely different issues.

I don't think he will go........ c'est la vie.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue May 26, 2015 2:43 am

Dark days ahead  :no

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue May 26, 2015 2:58 am

It's just frustration Reg, we need to be united against mediocrity across the board including this charlatan.

I couldn't bear watching another season of further dross coming in, Rodgers toying with formations like a toddler and listening to the same garbage interviews he has given for the last 12 months.

Read this article on espnfc and it scares me silly:

http://www.espnfc.com.au/liverpool/story/2466923/brendan-rodgers-job-at-liverpool-still-safe-after-stoke-loss

:down:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Tue May 26, 2015 4:18 am

As someone posted below the ESPN article:

Ancelotti = Sacked
Rodgers = Safe
Me = WTF...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Tue May 26, 2015 7:35 am

If he is not getting sacked then i can only imagine most of last summers transfers weren't signed by him as some of us thought.   
It wouldn't surprise me considering how he has treated Lambert, Balotelli, Markovic and Manquillo.

If he hasn't signed the players then i think its fair enough that we sack those who did first.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue May 26, 2015 8:18 am

jacdaniel » May 26th, '15, 07:35 wrote:If he is not getting sacked then i can only imagine most of last summers transfers weren't signed by him as some of us thought.   
It wouldn't surprise me considering how he has treated Lambert, Balotelli, Markovic and Manquillo.

If he hasn't signed the players then i think its fair enough that we sack those who did first.

From what I'm hearing he will still go. His Press and media buddies are whipping this up so that when he does go, it will seem like a shock.

BR has failed on every single target set pre season.  Btw, they are all his signings, and if for whatever reason he is kept on, there will be utter chaos. He has lost all but one or two in the dressing room. RS, Lucas. etc. they know BR is not good enough and don't want to play for him.  But it's not just them, he's lost the backing from a lot of influential people at the club. The owners are taking advice from Michael Gordon and his advisors, let's see what happens.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby leeroy74 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:57 am

I hope he stays. He's learning as he goes, you just don't go from coming 2nd one season to being the sh!ttest manager ever (as some on here rate him) in one season. The loss of key players was crucial to this decline. He signed a boat load last summer thinking that was the correct tactic but he's learnt it isn't, he even said so himself in his Talksport interview not so long since. If he stays on I'd expect one marquee signing hopefully to replace the 20+ goals LS took with him. Then maybe one or two good signing to replace the leavers (Johnson, Gerrard, Sterling etc) then start the rebuild from there. He's not stupid, he's not an idiot , he's just made an error in how he tried to take us forward last summer. Hope he stays. Just my opinion though.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue May 26, 2015 9:01 am

Brendan Rodgers warned Liverpool's poor season CANNOT happen again - and that changes are coming
19:41, 25 May 2015
OPINION BY DAVIDMADDOCK
If Rodgers can’t accept the changes – and they could yet include the ­appointment of a director of football – he will be asked to quietly step down

If Brendan Rodgers has been given firm assurances over his future, then they come with an even firmer caveat.

The Liverpool manager may have received confirmation that the club’s US owners will not hit the panic button, and their backing for him has not changed despite the 6-1 humiliation at Stoke.

Yet, along with that message, came another crucial one that will determine the direction in which the club will head as they contemplate a season of disappointment.

The word from the Americans is clear.

This season cannot happen again, so not only will there be a review, with their manager asked some brutally direct questions about his role in the failure, but there will be no sense of Rodgers being asked to simply continue in the same manner as this year.

There will be major changes, a “beyond robust” examination of the structures and cultures currently in place at Anfield - demanding alteration to ensure there is no repeat.

At present, the mood within the ownership group – made up of chairman Tom Werner, principal shareholder John Henry and director Michael Gordon – is those changes will stop short of the manager.

Gordon will direct the review and ask Rodgers to buy into not only the long-term strategy, but also deliver firm guarantees of rejoining Europe’s elite in the Champions League.

In short, they will gauge if he can meet his targets. It is here the manager’s future will be determined.

If Rodgers can’t accept the changes – and they could yet include the ­appointment of a director of football – he will be asked to quietly step down.

Likewise, the same message will be offered if he feels he can’t work within the club’s very closely defined transfer and wage policies which emphasise homegrown talent.

So far, all the indications are that the Ulsterman IS prepared to buy into that philosophy.

The review will get underway in earnest by the first week of June, when Rodgers is likely to travel to Boston to meet Gordon face to face, and sit down with him and Henry - and possibly Werner - to thrash out the changes.

Until then, the Americans will keep their powder dry.

They have made NO approach for any other manager, and will not make any enquiries, even if it means losing out on the available Jurgen Klopp.

The plan remains the same – Rodgers will continue into next season unless the review makes his position untenable.

It promises to be a pivotal month for Liverpool.

Analysis: 'Big club' Brendan Rodgers is looking increasingly small-time
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion