Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 25, 2015 5:28 pm

kartiek » Mon May 25, 2015 3:38 pm wrote:I don't think we can expect Rodgers to build a solid team that will challenge consistently here at Liverpool. There have been times under him when we have been phenomenal. But one has to wonder how much of this was simply down to Luis Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling playing out of their skins. Have we ever been able to organize our defense in a solid way under Rodgers? Has the midfield ever really functioned as a well honed unit under him? Have we purchased players of the right quality to fill the gaps even? I'm not sure, and these things have been consistently poor under Rodgers.

I think we need a solid manager now. Someone who has a vision for not just the attack, but also the defense and the midfield and knows how to organize a team. I don't know much about Klopp because I really don't watch German football but you've got to ask why Dortmund have fared so poorly this season? I want stability and I sort of like the idea of having Rafa back.

Rafa shouldn't have left in the first place, he fell on his sword to save the club.
Unfortunately it looks like he is a complete non starter, according to the rumour mill Ayre (along with Purslow) didn't get on with Rafa at all.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon May 25, 2015 5:38 pm

Doeboy

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon May 25, 2015 5:42 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » May 25th, '15, 17:28 wrote:
kartiek » Mon May 25, 2015 3:38 pm wrote:I don't think we can expect Rodgers to build a solid team that will challenge consistently here at Liverpool. There have been times under him when we have been phenomenal. But one has to wonder how much of this was simply down to Luis Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling playing out of their skins. Have we ever been able to organize our defense in a solid way under Rodgers? Has the midfield ever really functioned as a well honed unit under him? Have we purchased players of the right quality to fill the gaps even? I'm not sure, and these things have been consistently poor under Rodgers.

I think we need a solid manager now. Someone who has a vision for not just the attack, but also the defense and the midfield and knows how to organize a team. I don't know much about Klopp because I really don't watch German football but you've got to ask why Dortmund have fared so poorly this season? I want stability and I sort of like the idea of having Rafa back.

Rafa shouldn't have left in the first place, he fell on his sword to save the club.
Unfortunately it looks like he is a complete non starter, according to the rumour mill Ayre (along with Purslow) didn't get on with Rafa at all.

Rafa became a control freak, something the club just didn't need, that's why he was let go.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon May 25, 2015 5:44 pm

Definitely worth reading this by Paul Parker (the first article about BR)

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/paul-parker/
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Mon May 25, 2015 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Doeboy » Mon May 25, 2015 4:38 pm wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9864929/liverpool-to-review-season-but-not-considering-sacking-brendan-rodgers

Apparently German journo's working for Bild have said that Klopp's not coming here and someone else in Italy or Spain or somewhere has said that Rafa's a non starter as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon May 25, 2015 5:48 pm

Kash_Mountain » Mon May 25, 2015 11:42 pm wrote:Rafa became a control freak, something the club just didn't need, that's why he was let go.

Hey Kash, I am hearing latest rumours that FSG wants Rodgers to stay ? Unbelievable if this is true. Rodgers has pi$$ed off large sections of our fan base all over the world (just check out "This is Anfield" & Koptalk facebook pages).

You got any inside news ?

Quite worried if Rodgers does end up staying. The fans are gonna turn against the club (games boycotted...... non-purchase of club merchandise..... boycotting of sponsor products). With the weak mentality of most of our players.......this will end in relegation next season.

We need a strong "winning mentality" manager and a DOF.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon May 25, 2015 5:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 25, 2015 4:47 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Mon May 25, 2015 4:38 pm wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9864929/liverpool-to-review-season-but-not-considering-sacking-brendan-rodgers

Apparently German journo's working for Bild have said that Klopp's not coming here and someone else in Italy or Spain or somewhere has said that Rafa's a non starter as well.

Carlo Ancelloti ???
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Mon May 25, 2015 5:59 pm

would love Ancelotti. But i think this clown is gonna end up staying. Please God don't give him any more money - bring the reserves on!
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon May 25, 2015 6:16 pm

The_Rock » May 25th, '15, 17:48 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Mon May 25, 2015 11:42 pm wrote:Rafa became a control freak, something the club just didn't need, that's why he was let go.

Hey Kash, I am hearing latest rumours that FSG wants Rodgers to stay ? Unbelievable if this is true. Rodgers has pi$$ed off large sections of our fan base all over the world (just check out "This is Anfield" & Koptalk facebook pages).

Quite worried if Rodgers does end up staying. The fans are gonna turn against the club (games boycotted...... non-purchase of club merchandise..... boycotting of sponsor products). With the weak mentality of most of our players.......this will end in relegation next season.

The Rock, it is very worrying. However, this is coming from Slysports, they  won't really know what is going on behind closed doors.  FSG will keep very tight lipped, they won't let anyone else know before BR knows.  I''ve contacted some people, I'll post here when they provide some news, but, right now, it's seems like his mates in the Press and media are putting these stories out there (they love him because he makes public,  internal LFC  stuff, stuff that should be kept behind LFC doors). I know that the Owners are not happy at all, not one iota. They are being briefed by the people conducting the review, Michael Gordon and his team of advisors.   With regards to transfers, I believe the Owners will look to Michael Edwards (Director of Technical Performance) as to moving things forward.
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Mon May 25, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon May 25, 2015 6:17 pm

Mikz » May 25th, '15, 17:59 wrote:would love Ancelotti. But i think this clown is gonna end up staying. Please God don't give him any more money - bring the reserves on!

Ancelotti 'may' end up at Mwanck City.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 25, 2015 6:44 pm

The_Rock » Mon May 25, 2015 4:48 pm wrote:

I wouldn't fret too much mate ,the owners either kick Rodgers into touch ,or they lose the fans ...If they retain this dolt they will be forced to revisit why they
sacked The King ,and massive questions will be raised concerning their conviction to the club. The one thing they wont want is disgruntled supporters organising
protests and the chance of becoming embroiled in heated exchanges with fan groups such as SOS requesting explanations for such lack of ambition.

Sky Sports are just speculating and  engaging in conjecture as they' like us' haven't a clue how FSG will react ...We just hope they opt for the only real solution
and rid us of this charlatan.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 25, 2015 6:54 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb is absolutely right in comparing Rodgers to ferguson. Purple nose was fighting for his professional life due to results and Rodgers is doing the same now. Even Shankly took 3 years to win something, albeit promotion to the then 1st division? They werent legends straight away, it took years and even decades for their ideas to work and to become the dominant forces they became. And before any beaut accuses me of saying Rodgers will become a legend, Im not. He has had a torrid time of late and some, if not most of it is down to himself. He has to take responsibility for what happens on the pitch: tactics, formations and team selection, it is his team and they simply havent performed for him. When you have the likes of Lovren in defense its an absolute certainty theres going to be problems, especially when youre playing one of your best midfielders at right back. In each department we are lacking in quality and experience and the manager hasnt helped himself with his choice of players in various positions. The committee took a gamble on Balotelli and it backfired spectacularly by the total lack of any serious threat up front. As much as Borini is lacking in skill, he makes up for it in hard work and passion, the exact opposite of super mario. Lambert has been wasted and so has Lallana, who seems to be the fall guy and the scapegoat when things seem to go wrong. Allen has the strength of a little girl and Henderson has gone missing in far too many games for me. Moreno is a liability and Markovitch hasnt been given a proper chance?
Off the pitch, the "honesty" from Gerrard talking about staying if he would have been offered a contract last season caused a wound that didnt heal. And the whole Sterling side show has caused mayhem for Rodgers. Maybe he should have dropped him straight after the BBC interview, especially after him being sent on holiday mid season? The little tw@t has done us no favours whatsoever with his childish and disrespectful behaviour and sh'ite performances. With Gerrard finally gone, Johnson, Balotelli and Sterling to follow, maybe we will see some stability brought back, especially if a couple of good, seasoned professionals are brought in to steady the ship? We need a good back up goalie and decent defenders as well as a good midfielder and of course a proven striker. I dont think theres that much to improve, obviously with more cohesion and passion, performances will get better and results will follow. I only hope that Rodgers sees the mistakes hes made and does something to correct them next season? If not, those who want him gone will get their wish as his position will be untenable anyway?
Thommo's perm

Postby redshade » Mon May 25, 2015 6:59 pm

Kenny and Voy departed in similar  circumstances so why would they want to stick with Rogers. He outspent both of our previous two managers.

We need to buy players that are consistently good and established rather than one season wonders like lallani, lovren etc...
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 25, 2015 7:06 pm

Thommo's perm » Mon May 25, 2015 5:54 pm wrote:ycsatbjywtbiastkamb is absolutely right in comparing Rodgers to ferguson. Purple nose was fighting for his professional life due to results and Rodgers is doing the same now. Even Shankly took 3 years to win something, albeit promotion to the then 1st division? They werent legends straight away, it took years and even decades for their ideas to work and to become the dominant forces they became. And before any beaut accuses me of saying Rodgers will become a legend, Im not. He has had a torrid time of late and some, if not most of it is down to himself. He has to take responsibility for what happens on the pitch: tactics, formations and team selection, it is his team and they simply havent performed for him. When you have the likes of Lovren in defense its an absolute certainty theres going to be problems, especially when youre playing one of your best midfielders at right back. In each department we are lacking in quality and experience and the manager hasnt helped himself with his choice of players in various positions. The committee took a gamble on Balotelli and it backfired spectacularly by the total lack of any serious threat up front. As much as Borini is lacking in skill, he makes up for it in hard work and passion, the exact opposite of super mario. Lambert has been wasted and so has Lallana, who seems to be the fall guy and the scapegoat when things seem to go wrong. Allen has the strength of a little girl and Henderson has gone missing in far too many games for me. Moreno is a liability and Markovitch hasnt been given a proper chance?
Off the pitch, the "honesty" from Gerrard talking about staying if he would have been offered a contract last season caused a wound that didnt heal. And the whole Sterling side show has caused mayhem for Rodgers. Maybe he should have dropped him straight after the BBC interview, especially after him being sent on holiday mid season? The little tw@t has done us no favours whatsoever with his childish and disrespectful behaviour and sh'ite performances. With Gerrard finally gone, Johnson, Balotelli and Sterling to follow, maybe we will see some stability brought back, especially if a couple of good, seasoned professionals are brought in to steady the ship? We need a good back up goalie and decent defenders as well as a good midfielder and of course a proven striker. I dont think theres that much to improve, obviously with more cohesion and passion, performances will get better and results will follow. I only hope that Rodgers sees the mistakes hes made and does something to correct them next season? If not, those who want him gone will get their wish as his position will be untenable anyway?

Its 'untenable' now ,your almost speaking like it hasn't happened yet  ??? As for Taggart he put a stopper in the calls for him to be ousted by actually winning
something ! I just don't envisage this crank we suffer will ever come close to adding to our glorious lineage by winning a trophy.

He needs to go fella ,probably best you and the last of his fawning collative accept that  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 25, 2015 7:23 pm

Of course you are entitled to your opinion RBG as am I, but I am not "fawning" at all, and its a bit disrespectful of you to say that. I am speaking with experience and knowledge about something I believe I know about. Unless FSG lose their nerve and listen to the mob calling for Rodgers' head, then Im afraid he is here for the foreseeable future? I am not happy with whats gone on and Im hoping, for our sake, that he accepts he has fu'cked up this season? If he doesnt, then he will probably be gone by Christmas.
I am not an apologist or a di'ckhead. I believe that Rodgers needs to admit he got it wrong and should fight tooth and nail to prove he has a future here. If he doesnt then the more knowledgeable people like yourself will be proved right...
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion