Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Mikz » Sun May 24, 2015 10:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 24, 2015 9:15 pm wrote:
Dundreamin is back » Sun May 24, 2015 8:52 pm wrote:I can't believe people are still backing him.You know who you are. I would be careful what you say, if you told a Psychiatrist that you would be sectioned

In Fergusons first full season in charge at United he finished 2nd, the following year he finished 11th, the year after that they finished 13th, guess what, he had humiliating capitulations as well including a 5-1 demolition by City in the Manchester Derby (this was when City were shyte).
Even the best managers go through tough times, infact do you know who the last Liverpool manager to ship 6 goals was?
Bill Shankly.
Fans are too quick these days to call for people to be sacked, there are ups and downs in football, they are part of the game.

Please dont compare Rodgers to the likes of fergie. Just dont, We are a big enough laughing stock without comments like that ffs
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 24, 2015 10:47 pm

Mikz » Sun May 24, 2015 9:23 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 24, 2015 9:15 pm wrote:
Dundreamin is back » Sun May 24, 2015 8:52 pm wrote:I can't believe people are still backing him.You know who you are. I would be careful what you say, if you told a Psychiatrist that you would be sectioned

In Fergusons first full season in charge at United he finished 2nd, the following year he finished 11th, the year after that they finished 13th, guess what, he had humiliating capitulations as well including a 5-1 demolition by City in the Manchester Derby (this was when City were shyte).
Even the best managers go through tough times, infact do you know who the last Liverpool manager to ship 6 goals was?
Bill Shankly.
Fans are too quick these days to call for people to be sacked, there are ups and downs in football, they are part of the game.

Please dont compare Rodgers to the likes of fergie. Just dont, We are a big enough laughing stock without comments like that ffs

My point still stands though, most of the most successful managers have gone through similar spells.
People are too quick these days to call for managers to be sacked, it's just indicative of this modern throw away culture.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 24, 2015 11:19 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 24, 2015 9:47 pm wrote:

My point still stands though, most of the most successful managers have gone through similar spells.
People are too quick these days to call for managers to be sacked, it's just indicative of this modern throw away culture.

The man has become a pariah to Liverpool fans mate ,and I'm talking match going season ticket holders ,not your twitter /Facebook blurts. It makes no difference
who we buy  in the transfer window because Rodgers will insist of re inventing them and play them in positions they are uncomfortable occupying. I mean today
was eleven players completely at odds with their respective positions ,he played midfielder's as strikers ,he pushed Henderson to the flanks and Joe Allen and Lucas
looked completely bewildered with Rodgers tactics and what their proposed job actually entailed. Honestly mate show me these chutes of hope that you've gleaned
from our season that  entitles this 'odd little man' to orchestrate the next Liverpool team ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 24, 2015 11:37 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-talking-point-plenty-9322190

If plenty of fans were still ‘undecided’ on Rodgers' future, then this was enough to change their minds

Prior to this game, Brendan Rodgers was asked by the media if he believed he would be Liverpool’s manager next season.

“Yes, yes, 150 per cent,” was his tub-thumping answer.

If he is still of that opinion now, then he’s either the bravest man alive, or he’s kidding himself.

There are lows and then there are lows. In a footballing sense, this was as bad as it gets, the most embarrassing afternoon imaginable, both for Rodgers and for Liverpool Football Club. Disgraceful barely does it justice.

Rodgers was berated as he passed the travelling Reds fans on his way to the dressing room at half time. It wasn’t a nice sight, but then Liverpool were 5-0 down. At Stoke. At half time, having conceded all the goals in the space of 22 horrific minutes. In all honesty, he was lucky any Reds had stayed long enough to confront him.

“They have every right to be angry and frustrated,” he said. “That was awful, absolutely awful.”

If there were still plenty of supporters in the ‘undecided’ camp when it comes to the manager’s future, then this was enough to change their minds. This was a performance so bad, it had to be seen to be believed. A sackable offence? Time will tell.

Rodgers’ end-of-season review with the American owners next week – “a formality”, he felt last week – will now be a more than uncomfortable experience. He may be able to offer mitigation for an underwhelming season, or show the logic behind his increasingly strange team selections, but to explain a capitulation, a humiliation, like this? All the best

This was a performance worse than anything the club offered up under either Roy Hodgson or Kenny Dalglish
To be fair to him, he didn’t even try to here. Usually a bullish, confident character in front of the cameras, here his demeanour reflected his team’s performance; humbled, humiliated, beaten. That pained, haunted look, we’ve seen it before. It was the look of a man worried about his job.

“If the owners ask me to go, then I go,” he said. By the end of next week, we will know whether they’ve asked.

If they do, then what a horrendous way to sign off – with the club’s worst competitive defeat for 52 years, with supporters jeering, players hiding. And with an increasing majority believing that last season, not this, was the exception to the rule where Rodgers is concerned.

There’s no sugar coating it; this was a performance worse than anything the club offered up under either Roy Hodgson or Kenny Dalglish, both of whom lost their jobs pretty swiftly under Fenway Sports Group.

Of course, the noises out of Anfield throughout this season, even during the darkest moments, have been that Rodgers is NOT in danger of becoming the latest managerial casualty.

“He’s our man,” was the message after defeat to Crystal Palace in November, and repeated following the FA Cup semi final defeat to Aston Villa in April. The manager’s position was “not even up for discussion.”

It’ll be being discussed now, though. Loudly. You can bet your bottom dollar on that one.

Proof positive its no longer the this supposed 'fickleness of the modern fan' the apologists keep throwing out there ,these were Liverpool's die hards ,the travelling fans
Once you've lost them I'm afraid the writing isn't just on the wall its been practically etched.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sun May 24, 2015 11:40 pm

I don't give a s.hit what Ferguson done. And when Shankly had a team that shipped 6 goals it was a different era and Liverpool Football club  we're not a globally known club. So that blows 2 posts out of the water. And to compare Rodgers with Shankly and Ferguson welll as I said in a earlier post about getting sectioned I was wrong that warrants a stint in Dartmoor
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 24, 2015 11:42 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 24, 2015 10:19 pm wrote:

The man has become a pariah to Liverpool fans mate ,and I'm talking match going season ticket holders ,not your twitter /Facebook blurts. It makes no difference
who we buy  in the transfer window because Rodgers will insist of re inventing them and play them in positions they are uncomfortable occupying. I mean today
was eleven players completely at odds with their respective positions ,he played midfielder's as strikers ,he pushed Henderson to the flanks and Joe Allen and Lucas
looked completely bewildered with Rodgers tactics and what their proposed job actually entailed. Honestly mate show me these chutes of hope that you've gleaned
from our season that  entitles this 'odd little man' to orchestrate the next Liverpool team ?

As I said from January 2013 (when we brought in Sturridge and Coutinho) to the end of last season I saw some of the best football that I've ever seen out of any liverpool side. That wasn't a flash in the pan, it was practically 18 months of exhibition stuff. We went on a good run this season too.
Granted we've seen some abysmal stuff as well, especially at the start and end of this season but imo he has shown enough to warrant another season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Mon May 25, 2015 12:01 am

Yakka give it a rest lad.

As you have probably noticed the rest of the Brendan Rodgers cultists (they ALL know who they are) have fled into the night leaving you all alone and looking quiet sad to be honest.  Though they will never admit it they are all collectively hanging their heads in shame for the garbage they have defended all season, epitomised by our last game against Stoke. I noticed even a forum regular who rarely has anything intelligent to say has done a sneaky 180 and slowly tip-toed towards the disgruntled majority just after that last match.  :laugh:

Please stop with the whole "it will turn around just look at Ferguson in the 80s" example. There is is NOTHING to show that Rodgers will turn this around. He doesn't have the ability, charisma or intellect to bring in the required players to take us forward. You even admit that we are close to signing the likes of James Milner and Danny Ings over the summer, this should all but seal Rodger's fate.

The man had the decency to come out and at least apologise this time around.

We are ALL just waiting for him to be do the right thing and hand in his resignation.

So we can all move on from this sorry debacle.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 25, 2015 12:17 am

eds » Sun May 24, 2015 11:01 pm wrote:Yakka give it a rest lad.

As you have probably noticed the rest of the Brendan Rodgers cultists (they ALL know who they are) have fled into the night leaving you all alone and looking quiet sad to be honest.  Though they will never admit it they are all collectively hanging their heads in shame for the garbage they have defended all season, epitomised by our last game against Stoke. I noticed even a forum regular who rarely has anything intelligent to say has done a sneaky 180 and slowly tip-toed towards the disgruntled majority just after that last match.  :laugh:

Please stop with the whole "it will turn around just look at Ferguson in the 80s" example. There is is NOTHING to show that Rodgers will turn this around. He doesn't have the ability, charisma or intellect to bring in the required players to take us forward. You even admit that we are close to signing the likes of James Milner and Danny Ings over the summer, this should all but seal Rodger's fate.

We are ALL just waiting for him to be do the right thing and hand in his resignation.

Who was the last Liverpool manager that you didn't whinge about?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 25, 2015 12:20 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 24, 2015 10:42 pm wrote:

As I said from January 2013 (when we brought in Sturridge and Coutinho) to the end of last season I saw some of the best football that I've ever seen out of any liverpool side. That wasn't a flash in the pan, it was practically 18 months of exhibition stuff. We went on a good run this season too.
Granted we've seen some abysmal stuff as well, especially at the start and end of this season but imo he has shown enough to warrant another season.

Even when we were out playing teams it never dawned on him that we were shipping a veritable glut of goals ,I mean even the last few games he never once deemed
it imperative to stem the goals against column ,he just allowed the team to play the same Gung ho football believing the undeniable talent of Suarez alone would be
enough to drag the team across the line . Call that naivety if you so wish mate ,but I call it negligence ,and this season has proved beyond a shadow of a doubt his grasp
of tactics and  moulding a winning team are better left to a more competent manager. 

So in effect its  a resounding' No' to suffering another season of complete ineptitude under this man ,bite the proverbial bullet mate ,I applaud your resolute defence
and your persistence ,but its finished he's gone, the hard core fans who decide a managers future made their feelings known earlier ,a factor even you will concur will
have been duly noted by those empowered with the direction of this club.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon May 25, 2015 12:21 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 24, 2015 11:17 pm wrote:
eds » Sun May 24, 2015 11:01 pm wrote:Yakka give it a rest lad.

Who was the last Liverpool manager that you didn't whinge about?

When was the last time we won the title?
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby Big Niall » Mon May 25, 2015 12:54 am

Joke manager and if he is still manager at the start of next season LFC is a joke club.

In my time LFC has gone from the best team in the world to this. The club has hired

Dalglish - no experience
Souness , a few years experience
Evans - no experience
Houllier - out of management
Benitez - ok, faultless cv
Hodgeson - not won much , ever.
Dalglish - out of management a very long time
Rodgers , sacked by reading, decent short spell at Swansea

* I acknowledge the greatest manager in British football history (Paisley) had no experience , but you can't expect anyone to be a Paisley.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 25, 2015 12:59 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 24, 2015 11:42 pm wrote:

He has shown nothing this season at all other than last season was all about suarez. Looking at that team over 50 odd games since is so blatantly obvious that stevie wonder seen it. We have been well beaten too often and we are far too weak mentally under him. That good run was far from perfect, it was against some fairly poor sides who struggle to put the ball in the net and we just about scraped past them. Every must win game with a bit of pressure and we capitulated. The football is all possession based with fancy term's and weak players,we have come full circle under him and have a weaker team, so he should do the right thing and catch that wave of shyte he came in on when it comes back around.

He is not going to perform miracles next season and with those jeers he got today he will need to. Giving him more money to try and fix his mistakes is the worst thing we could do.

T
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 25, 2015 1:03 am

Also Swansea progressed without him and so will we..  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 25, 2015 1:14 am

We imploded this season largely because we failed to sign Sanchez, the strategy of saving a few bucks was wrong.

We've got used to the fact we don't have any strikers, we ended up with a +4 goal difference on the season. WTF!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon May 25, 2015 1:42 am

Spot on Reg.

I'm convinced if we had a more re-known manager and threw more cash at Sanchez, his agent, his gf and anyone else involved we would have come close to a top 2 finish and definitely finished top 4.

Football isn't that hard. Buy talented players and we will win things or at least come close.

Buying 'potentials', 'statistical anomalies', 'stop-gaps' and "free agents" because we have a spud that can't convince any quality players to join the club will only further expedite our descent into mediocrity.

James Milner and Danny Ings will secure us a bottom 10 finish next season  :no

eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion