Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat May 23, 2015 12:54 pm

RedAnt » Sat May 23, 2015 11:38 am wrote:People say there's no point changing manager because the owners would be the same and so the issues would remain. Reverse it. Do people think that with new owners then BR would become capable? If a new owner gave BR another £200m to spend at his leisure then we'd suddenly start signing top players and start winning things? With new owners would Suarez have stayed? Would Sterling want to stay? Would we have a plan B and C? Would training improve? Would players be better motivated? Would we still have signed Balo, Marko and the like, or would BR, without the committee, have refused them? If we had different owners and another £200m, and trusty BR at the helm, would we have hit any of our targets this season, rather than miss every single one? These aren't rhetorical questions. Someone please answer them.

If my auntie had balls, she'd be my uncle
:eyebrow
Thommo's perm

Postby RedAnt » Sat May 23, 2015 5:19 pm

Thommo's perm » Sat May 23, 2015 11:54 am wrote:
RedAnt » Sat May 23, 2015 11:38 am wrote:People say there's no point changing manager because the owners would be the same and so the issues would remain. Reverse it. Do people think that with new owners then BR would become capable? If a new owner gave BR another £200m to spend at his leisure then we'd suddenly start signing top players and start winning things? With new owners would Suarez have stayed? Would Sterling want to stay? Would we have a plan B and C? Would training improve? Would players be better motivated? Would we still have signed Balo, Marko and the like, or would BR, without the committee, have refused them? If we had different owners and another £200m, and trusty BR at the helm, would we have hit any of our targets this season, rather than miss every single one? These aren't rhetorical questions. Someone please answer them.

If my auntie had balls, she'd be my uncle
:eyebrow

As always, a fine, rhetorical response. You're right though, Rodgers woulda fu<ked up, regardless, fanny or bellend.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby devaney » Sat May 23, 2015 5:42 pm

And would we have come 5th (hopefully) or got to two domestic semi finals? It's not great mate but it is far from the disaster that the WHINGE COMMITTEE our making out.

Anyway our delightful  manager has more to worry about about than a football team. The miserable tw.. has got to start paying maintainance. How the fk did that get to court. It does the club no favours. Bad enough that he is bedding a former club employee let aloan drag his dirty washing through the courts. Is that necessary for somebody that earns over £3m a year.

I'm disliking Rogers more by the day  :help
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat May 23, 2015 6:15 pm

I guess if he is given 1 more season it will be make or break for him. One would question if we will do well or not. It would not be good for us if by nov/dec were still faltering  and end up with a caretaker manager for the rest of the season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 23, 2015 6:33 pm

Brendan is saying in the Echo that he is 150% certain that he will be Liverpool manager next season. He's also saying that he knows this season wasn't good enough.
He asks for fans to not get on Raheems back as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Sat May 23, 2015 6:42 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 23, 2015 5:33 pm wrote:Brendan is saying in the Echo that he is 150% certain that he will be Liverpool manager next season. He's also saying that he knows this season wasn't good enough.

Yeah I read that. 150% sure is a lot of %. Hope the bookies take note.
RedAnt

Postby RedAnt » Sat May 23, 2015 6:45 pm

devaney » Sat May 23, 2015 4:42 pm wrote:And would we have come 5th (hopefully) or got to two domestic semi finals? It's not great mate but it is far from the disaster that the WHINGE COMMITTEE our making out.

Anyway our delightful  manager has more to worry about about than a football team. The miserable tw.. has got to start paying maintainance. How the fk did that get to court. It does the club no favours. Bad enough that he is bedding a former club employee let aloan drag his dirty washing through the courts. Is that necessary for somebody that earns over £3m a year.

I'm disliking Rogers more by the day  :help

It's not about where we finished, mate, not only about that anyway. It's the whole thing. Even if there wasn't a lot of reasons to change manager id still be thinking we need a change at this point. There's too much rotten for Brendan. I don't see how he can repair the problems, but I'd bet many of them could be set right by a change in manager.
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 23, 2015 7:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 23, 2015 6:33 pm wrote:Brendan is saying in the Echo that he is 150% certain that he will be Liverpool manager next season. He's also saying that he knows this season wasn't good enough.

The man is that arrogant he was never going to come out and say anything else now was he  :no  He is also a bit late defending sterling as well seen as his comments about the lad turning down a staggering deal is what got the fans on his back in the first place.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 23, 2015 7:56 pm

red till i die!! » Sat May 23, 2015 6:29 pm wrote:
The man is that arrogant he was never going to come out and say anything else now was he  :no  He is also a bit late defending sterling as well seen as his comments about the lad turning down a staggering deal is what got the fans on his back in the first place.

His brash confidence is misplaced ,and his arrogance would only be comfortable with 'winners' ...I will say his timing for comedy has always been acute :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 23, 2015 8:21 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 23, 2015 7:56 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sat May 23, 2015 6:29 pm wrote:

His brash confidence is misplaced ,and his arrogance would only be comfortable with 'winners' ...I will say his timing for comedy has always been acute :D

:laugh:
Anyway on the QT, Ronaldo can't wait to link up with him next season to help restore the glory days to another once great club. If you think he is funny in English he is absolutely hilarious in spanish  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun May 24, 2015 10:36 am

I'd like to personal thank BR for making this the dullest last day of the season ever.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bermenstein » Sun May 24, 2015 1:56 pm

Brendan cant manage his personal life at the moment, never mind a football club like LFC.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun May 24, 2015 3:26 pm

Starting a match without any recognized strikers.... whom does Rodgers think he is managing ? Spain ?

Pls just sack him......... He is utterly out of his depth.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun May 24, 2015 3:37 pm

OMG Losing 3-0 to Stoke after 30 minutes in a must win final game of the season.... I agree, get rid, the fella's imploded. Nothing left to offer.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 24, 2015 3:52 pm

Something is seriously wrong....I've NEVER seen us collapse like this and it's only f**king half time!

He's either lost the dressing room or his mind...either way, taxi for BR.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion