STEVEN GERRARD - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 22, 2015 6:57 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 22, 2015 6:59 pm

Cant wait to see this ,Sat night on LFCTV 'Gerrard My Liverpool'

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/05/video-steven-gerrard-tells-liverpool-ill-be-right-back/?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 23, 2015 6:42 pm

I think after Sunday when I'm sitting chilling in front of MOTD it will slowly dawn on me just what we have lost ,even at such an early age Gerrard was a football
phenomenon just waiting to happen.

Sometimes people deserve the pedestal they occupy ,thanks for adding to this particular fans most cherished football memories,thanks for being a Colossus
a Leviathan a Titan ,but most of all thanks for remaining one of our very own.

:bowdown
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat May 23, 2015 7:31 pm

:bowdown to the legend that is steven gerrard  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 24, 2015 7:02 pm

Will miss you loads Sir. Good luck!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 24, 2015 8:21 pm

Delighted he signed off with a goal but I doubt it would cover the embarrassment of being on the end of a scoreline like that.  :down:

Now it has come to an end  :( I am delighted to have seen him take his first steps in red, to his last today  :bowdown It has been an absolute privilege to watch that journey  :bowdown Thanks for all the wonderful memories  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 24, 2015 9:52 pm

So long Captain ,its been an absolute pleasure.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 24, 2015 10:50 pm

Gerrard on being made Captain of Liverpool football club

"The manager has always said that I would captain Liverpool Football Club one day but it was a bit of a shock yesterday when Gerard (Houllier) told me I was to be captain from now on !

I have to say I'm absolutely thrilled.   I was captain of my school side and I used to go along to Anfield to watch the team and I always looked up to people like John Barnes who captained the team during the 90s.   I used to watch Barnes with the captains armband and dream that one day it would be me captaining the team I love.

I want to blossom into a world class player, something I'm not yet - and hopefully captaining Liverpool will help me achieve that ambition.

I'd just like to say that I'm delighted to be captain of Liverpool Football Club and I'm thrilled to be representing the fans on the pitch. Hopefully I can lift a trophy this season to say thanks for all the support from fans everywhere."

He never lifted  a trophy that  season ,but the next saw him raise 'old Big Ears' itself ....Take a bow Steven Gerrard ,because it wasn't just empty words ....you delivered !

You deserve the reverence we will entwine your memory with.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Mon May 25, 2015 7:37 am

Stevie should get an award for being the most loyal player every to walk on a football pitch in this modern age of ruthless mercenaries and greedy manipulating evil agents.

Some of the teams assembled to play with him were absolutely awful yet he stayed sacrificing any realistic chance of winning the league. That is as good as it gets.

:bowdown
killerp

Postby andy c legs » Mon May 25, 2015 11:09 pm

All the very best Stevie lad, thanks for all the fantastic moments.

YOU ARE A TRUE LEGEND...
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 26, 2015 12:27 am

He'll be back.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue May 26, 2015 12:43 am

I may get crucified for saying this but he reminds me of Bryan Robson, fantastic player , a dynamic leader from the centre , in a big club but in the wrong era. Very loyal and a legend beyond his lifetime.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue May 26, 2015 12:49 am

Souness had just left when I got into football. How do they compare? I've always liked Souness ( partly because I thought he'd murder somebody to win) .

While I idolised Barnes and Aldo became my favourite , it is between Stevie and kenny as the best I've seen ( and kenny was old and past his best - Chelsea , 1-0 ! )
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue May 26, 2015 2:39 am

To be brutally honest lads, looking 5-10 years forward I'd much rather have Carra as manager than Stevie. I don't even know why folsk think he's manager material?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue May 26, 2015 3:08 am

Reg » Tue May 26, 2015 3:39 am wrote:To be brutally honest lads, looking 5-10 years forward I'd much rather have Carra as manager than Stevie. I don't even know why folsk think he's manager material?

+1, love Stevie to bits, best player I've ever seen even in a world with Messi's and Ronaldo's, but he has always lacked tactical awareness IMO. Carra on the other hand, he had his bad moments but he would have never made it as a top player if it wasn't for his superb understanding of the game. I'd love to see Stevie come back to the club in some capacity but I don't think I'd consider him for the hot seat.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion