Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby mramo » Thu May 21, 2015 4:12 pm

I havent seen Danish The Noon (pardon me - Danish Red), on here for a while.

Danish - Are you still backing Rodgers as the season comes down to a close?
mramo

Postby Boocity » Thu May 21, 2015 5:40 pm

He was barred
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu May 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Ye, he was banned. Expressing personal opinions isn't allowed in Soviet Russia.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Fri May 22, 2015 12:32 am

I don't know why half of you think Klopp will come in and save the day.

As I have discussed endlessly the bigger problem we have is FSG and their inability to want to invest in players and move away from their stupid moneyball and youth policy.

As Boo said they just need to understand one thing, they will LOSE money as the years go on without investment in the team as the club's value will begin to depreciate, that's the only thing these f**kers understand.....money!  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Dundreamin is back » Fri May 22, 2015 3:17 am

So Paddy Power have suspended betting on Rodgers getting the boot on 3rd June. If that's true get on this 888 Bet are offering odds of 4/1 that he will not be manager on 8th August
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Santa » Fri May 22, 2015 6:41 am

eds » Thu May 21, 2015 11:32 pm wrote:I don't know why half of you think Klopp will come in and save the day.

There is absolutely no guarantee that Klopp will be a success, but it's almost a guaranteed path to mid-table mediocrity with Brendo in charge...he has failed and pissed off so many hardcore fans in so many levels that it is almost a talent by itself  :oops:

Yes...FSG need to wake the fuck up and change their policy or get the fuck out. Either way we are so fucked & dire that I'm most receptive to any other options (pardon my language here as if I care  :help  )
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 22, 2015 9:01 am

Santa » Fri May 22, 2015 5:41 am wrote:
eds » Thu May 21, 2015 11:32 pm wrote:I don't know why half of you think Klopp will come in and save the day.

There is absolutely no guarantee that Klopp will be a success, but it's almost a guaranteed path to mid-table mediocrity with Brendo in charge...he has failed and pissed off so many hardcore fans in so many levels that it is almost a talent by itself  :oops:

Yes...FSG need to wake the fuck up and change their policy or get the fuck out. Either way we are so fucked & dire that I'm most receptive to any other options (pardon my language here as if I care  :help  )

To me though a lot of fans are just letting their frustration get the better of them. If we finish 5th that will be our second best finish since 08-09, only bettered by our second place finish last year.
Add two semi finals to that 5th and okay it's not great but we've certainly had worse.
As long as we have 4 teams in the division with more resources than us and owners with a belief in moneyball then I'm sorry but if we start sacking managers for coming 5th then we'll be sacking them every other year.
Has Brendan made mistakes? Yes he has, plenty of them, but they all do.
Rafa, as great as he was in Europe, used to frustrate the f**k out of everyone by picking negative teams away against the lesser lights of the premier league.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Fri May 22, 2015 10:25 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 22, 2015 8:01 am wrote:
Santa » Fri May 22, 2015 5:41 am wrote:

To me though a lot of fans are just letting their frustration get the better of them. If we finish 5th that will be our second best finish since 08-09, only bettered by our second place finish last year.
Add two semi finals to that 5th and okay it's not great but we've certainly had worse.
As long as we have 4 teams in the division with more resources than us and owners with a belief in moneyball then I'm sorry but if we start sacking managers for coming 5th then we'll be sacking them every other year.
Has Brendan made mistakes? Yes he has, plenty of them, but they all do.
Rafa, as great as he was in Europe, used to frustrate the f**k out of everyone by picking negative teams away against the lesser lights of the premier league.

Yes if a martian has landed at the end of the season and saw we were 5th then i guess you might have a point ,but because we have witnessed the journey from the beginning ,counting BR's mistakes in real-time ,witnessed the criminal waste of unlimited funds ,the lack of competitiveness ,the gambles ,the woeful tactics and stubbornness and many more unacceptable mistakes ,we ,Not the Martians ,have a different well established opinion.

I'm no saying Rafa is the answer but i find your opinion to be a bit dishonest. Klopp is a better manager then BR and if he theoretically up for grabs why are you still backing BR to stay ,His stubbornness is contagious i see or you are just unable to say you were wrong?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri May 22, 2015 11:27 am

why is he wrong? because his opinion doesn't agree with yours?
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Fri May 22, 2015 2:01 pm

And ONLY ME if Klopp was given the job and finished next season mid table which is what he is going to achieve with BD you would want him sacked. Yes he has a track record and yes he has won titles and cup but they suddenly become worth very little when it all starts going wrong. Lets face it football fans (myself included) are a tad fickle !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri May 22, 2015 2:39 pm

devaney » Fri May 22, 2015 1:01 pm wrote:And ONLY ME if Klopp was given the job and finished next season mid table which is what he is going to achieve with BD you would want him sacked. Yes he has a track record and yes he has won titles and cup but they suddenly become worth very little when it all starts going wrong. Lets face it football fans (myself included) are a tad fickle !!

Things have gone sour for BR,  If Klopp finished mid table next season I think many of us would agree that it was an ambitious step in a positive direction. 

It would be negligent  for this club to ignore the merits and availability of Klopp.

Its that simple.
Kopite-Jud

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 22, 2015 2:53 pm

Some fans need to wake up and smell the coffee, 5 years ago this club was 2 days away from going under and in the high court fighting for its life. We were selling our best players not to cash in on them but to service the debt on all the leveraged buyout loans which were hanging over the club like the proverbial sword of Damocles.
We are not going to go from that dark place to footballing superpower in 5 minutes, this is a long hard road that we are on and without owners with deep pockets that road is even longer.
One season we finish second, the next we finish 5th, one season we finish 3rd, the next we finish 6th - that is how it is going to be until we find some way of levelling the playing field.
Brendan has done a decent job, yes compared to last season this one is a let down but it was always going to be a let down, we all knew last year that we were watching something special and something that wouldn't come around very often.
As I said if we finish 5th it will be our second best league finish since 08/09, beaten only by last year's 2nd place.
If Brendan goes this summer people will look back in the history books and think wow, that was tough on him, 2nd then 5th (and 2 semi's) and he lost his job? Talk about knee-jerk ism.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 22, 2015 3:00 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32842736

" He's a really really good boy a "Good kid ,and wonderful young footballer "

Rodgers said: "Raheem has two years left on his deal and I expect him to see that two years through."
Rodgers said Sterling would be available for selection for the team's last game of the Premier League season against Stoke on Sunday and insisted the player would
not be unhappy with the prospect of having to stay at the club.
"We want to resolve the situation but it doesn't change my approach to him. There is no problem there," he added.
"I don't see Raheem being unhappy. Raheem's representative made it very clear that he wanted to speak at the end of the season.
"Our concentration is on the last game of the season and I'm sure talks will take place over the course of the summer."

Looks highly likely he will play Sunday  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri May 22, 2015 3:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 22, 2015 1:53 pm wrote:Some fans need to wake up and smell the coffee, 5 years ago this club was 2 days away from going under and in the high court fighting for its life. We were selling our best players not to cash in on them but to service the debt on all the leveraged buyout loans which were hanging over the club like the proverbial sword of Damocles.
We are not going to go from that dark place to footballing superpower in 5 minutes, this is a long hard road that we are on and without owners with deep pockets that road is even longer.
One season we finish second, the next we finish 5th, one season we finish 3rd, the next we finish 6th - that is how it is going to be until we find some way of levelling the playing field.
Brendan has done a decent job, yes compared to last season this one is a let down but it was always going to be a let down, we all knew last year that we were watching something special and something that wouldn't come around very often.
As I said if we finish 5th it will be our second best league finish since 08/09, beaten only by last year's 2nd place.
If Brendan goes this summer people will look back in the history books and think wow, that was tough on him, 2nd then 5th (and 2 semi's) and he lost his job? Talk about knee-jerk ism.

First season 4th and League Cup (note the word following brackets )WINNERS ! Second season ,3rd .Third season 4th

By 1998 Evans had successfully assembled a talented nucleus of players, who were particularly impressive going forward and in their attacking football, where Evans
had been credited with creating arguably the nation's most exciting and aesthetically pleasing team of the 1990s.

Albeit from being five points clear in 96/97  Never come came close to winning the league ,but Evans was respected  by every reds fan for his humble and understated approach

See the difference ,the subtle hints lay  in the words 'respected ,humble and understated ' ...Sorry mate the man just has to go ! He certainly doesn't merit your bleeding
heart defence .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri May 22, 2015 4:34 pm

Topic of discussion right now on Talksport - LFC, BR, RS etc etc. Interesting so far.................

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion