LIVERPOOL VS Palace - Sat 16 May 2015 - 17:30KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sun May 17, 2015 6:27 pm

Lakes. Stop making excuses for our defeat. We were beaten by the better team
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun May 17, 2015 6:49 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 17, 2015 12:36 pm wrote:One game ,a minuscule 90 mins for the other ten to provide a similar lift to our departing captain ,one game for them to mirror a fraction of the passion he has afforded this team.......

Yeah, or even....
ONE PERIOD OF 90 MINUTES FOR THEM TO EARN THEIR FECKIN' MONEY FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!!

Honest to fuck lads, if something massive doesn't happen during the summer, we are screwed for years to come. Y' try to be patient, but all it does is try our patience to the limit. I'm disgusted.
Palace? Fucking PALACE????
Kicked us in the balls at the end of last season and now they've done the double over us this season! One for each nut.

Yes Yaka, we were indeed without a recognised striker for most of the season, but apart from Mr. Colgate-Smile, who didn't foresee that being the case?
Sturridge was always going to miss the first part of the season, and anyway he has always been injury-prone, that's why Chelsea shipped him out, so was that situation ever going to be a surprise?
I don't think so, and that being the case, what sort of manager/management team lets that happen?

I have been a supporter of Rodgers, maybe partly because he originates a 'wheen' of miles up the coast from me, but while I don't think a change of manager will bring instant success because it's still going to take years of rebuilding, I'm sorry to say that I think after three years without progress, it's time to let someone with the required pedigree have a go.
And don't remind me that we finished second last year. Last year is irrelevant, because that was down to one man, and he plays for Barca now.
P1sh. Pure P1sh.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:20 pm

Dundreamin is back » Sun May 17, 2015 6:27 pm wrote:Lakes. Stop making excuses for our defeat. We were beaten by the better team

a better team lol no way. look at the game again, we did not play football in the last 45mins, it was like kids in the park where they are told that only one play can get the goal. no matter what the manager said his team mates just spent all the time trying to set him up and it was the right thing to do
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Sun May 17, 2015 11:14 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun May 17, 2015 12:36 pm wrote:Well its only been 17 years since a young precocious, but supremely gifted teenager decided to carry this team back to significance ...I think the magnitude of shouldering this burden was lost on the players that yesterday surrounded him in red.

One game ,a minuscule 90 mins for the other ten to provide a similar lift to our departing captain ,one game for them to mirror a fraction of the passion he has afforded this team ,and they were all found wanting .

I'm going to refrain from providing a review on the game itself ,and proffer my last words on Steven Gerrard

It has been a privilege sharing the countless joyous moments this lad has bestowed upon the Kop ,being blessed enough to have witnessed some powerful almost Herculean performances from arguably the greatest and most gifted of players ever to grace the green of Anfield's lush turf has been a veritable delight.

Its been an absolute pleasure watching this player evolve into the legend he became ,but the last few years have been tinged with sadness experiencing his slow decline ,wrapped in a collective of players that can best be described as extremely pallid imitations ,yesterday this collative's lack of contribution ,lack of heart cast a looming shadow over Anfield ,yesterday the glimpse they afforded us of our future was at best ominous,and on a day we paid tribute to a huge part of our glorious past it was frankly 'unforgivable'

:buttrock
tonyeh

Postby RedAnt » Mon May 18, 2015 7:18 am

lakes10 » Sun May 17, 2015 8:20 pm wrote:
Dundreamin is back » Sun May 17, 2015 6:27 pm wrote:Lakes. Stop making excuses for our defeat. We were beaten by the better team

a better team lol no way. look at the game again, we did not play football in the last 45mins, it was like kids in the park where they are told that only one play can get the goal. no matter what the manager said his team mates just spent all the time trying to set him up and it was the right thing to do

So last week he took Gerrard off so he could receive an ovation from the Chavs, and this week we sacrifice the result to get him a goal? Do you think Gerrard appreciates these little gifts from the manager? I'm not so sure. Were I BR under current pressures, I'd probably go for the six points and stop trying to create fairy tales for a legend. Stevie doesn't need BRs help. He was already a legend.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 18, 2015 8:21 am

Once again the oppo played "rope a dope" with us. Absorbed everything we had to offer then came after us with some truly [url]direct[/url] football.

We on the other hand, as we have in far too many games, continued to play tippy tappy five a side football when ever we got into the final third.

Considering the pace within the squad we so often just look laboured and predictable.

If this apparent inabilty to quickly penetrate the oppo's defence continues I fully expect an even more disappointing season next term         :down:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RedAnt » Mon May 18, 2015 8:31 am

Other than Coutinho and the departing Gerrard who do we have that can unlock defences? I'm afraid Coutinho looks better than he is amongst our players. Sterling is a headless chicken, hampered by playing upfront on his own. Allen, Hendo, Can and Lucas don't seem to have the ability. Milner? Heh, nope. So then we look up front and who's gonna put the ball in the net if the defence is unlocked? Sturbridge if he's not injured. Maybe Balo if BR hadn't smashed any confidence he once had. Three years under BR and we don't even have the fundamentals in place.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games