Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue May 05, 2015 8:48 pm

RedAnt wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon May 04, 2015 8:42 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Mon May 04, 2015 8:39 pm wrote:Thommo, Shanks and Paisley are before my time. I don't know how old you are but I bet you're more knowledable about our history and stuff than I am. Do you remember them? What were they like? Would they play two holding MFs in must-win home matches? I remember Kennys first stint and I remember his will to win. I remember him winning a lot! What's Brendan won in his years in the game? You do the analysis. I'm sure you don't need me to do it.

Why make the statement if you dont know the answer?
???

What the fook are you talking about?

Sorry for confusing you. I'll go over it again. You said Shankly had a "winning mentality". I asked you to define what you meant and you couldnt.
I think we're up to speed now?
:)
Thommo's perm

Postby RedAnt » Tue May 05, 2015 9:45 pm

I'm still confused. Where did I say Shankly had a winning mentality?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RedAnt » Tue May 05, 2015 9:49 pm

Oh, I see it now. Right after "Shankly was a winner". Doesn't mean the same if you omit that part. Yeah, in hindsight, since Shankly was a winner, I'd guess it was fair to say he had a winning mentality. But as I went on to say he was also before my time. Then I asked if you knew what he was like. You leaped over the question to become pedantic.

I like this quote: Paisley and I never had any rows. We didn’t have any time for that. We had to plan where we were going to keep all the cups we won.

But here's a better example of a "winning mentality": A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.
RedAnt

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue May 05, 2015 11:16 pm

RedAnt wrote:Oh, I see it now. Right after "Shankly was a winner". Doesn't mean the same if you omit that part. Yeah, in hindsight, since Shankly was a winner, I'd guess it was fair to say he had a winning mentality. But as I went on to say he was also before my time. Then I asked if you knew what he was like. You leaped over the question to become pedantic.

I like this quote: Paisley and I never had any rows. We didn’t have any time for that. We had to plan where we were going to keep all the cups we won.

But here's a better example of a "winning mentality": A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. In my time at Anfield we always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.

"Pedantic" because I asked for a definition of what you meant? If youre going to make a statement then at least make sure you know what youre talking about?
"You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." is a bit clearer...
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby RedAnt » Wed May 06, 2015 6:27 am

Thommo's perm » Tue May 05, 2015 10:16 pm wrote:
RedAnt wrote:Oh, I see it now. Right after "Shankly was a winner". Doesn't mean the same if you omit that part. Yeah, in hindsight, since Shankly was a winner, I'd guess it was fair to say he had a winning mentality. But as I went on to say he was also before my time. Then I asked if you knew what he was like. You leaped over the question to become pedantic.

"Pedantic" because I asked for a definition of what you meant? If youre going to make a statement then at least make sure you know what youre talking about?
"You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." is a bit clearer...
:nod

Yeah, man. Pedantic. Overlooking the point to pick at little things. "Winning mentality" is a common term in sport. One day, if you really want me to, and if I find the time to type it all out on my phone, I will oblige you and write an essay on it. For now though, why not just accept the common definition of "winning mentality" that has already been used in football for a long time? Stop acting like an idiot. Talk football. Or would you like me to do my own analysis of BRs mentality in comparison to Shanklys? Personally I reckon their relative achievments tell a better story. As for making it clearer, you seem to be the only one that misunderstood. Are you asking me to dumb it down for you? I just think you're being pedantic.
RedAnt

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu May 07, 2015 12:05 am

Haha stick your soundbites up yer ar'se lad.
Throwing your dummy out the pram because you were asked to explain something that is a "common phrase", then trying to patronise me and calling me an idiot?
Ok, I admit it, youre a genius and Im dumb and youre so right in your analysis.
Im off to bed now Einstein to dream of having a winning mentality
:wwww
Thommo's perm

Postby RedAnt » Thu May 07, 2015 7:06 am

Thommo's perm » Wed May 06, 2015 11:05 pm wrote:Haha stick your soundbites up yer ar'se lad.
Throwing your dummy out the pram because you were asked to explain something that is a "common phrase", then trying to patronise me and calling me an idiot?
Ok, I admit it, youre a genius and Im dumb and youre so right in your analysis.
Im off to bed now Einstein to dream of having a winning mentality
:wwww

Sweet dreams mate. Dont "win" too much. Can get awful messy :)
RedAnt

Postby RedAnt » Thu May 07, 2015 7:09 am

Here Thommo. Maybe it will help you sleep:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonselk/2 ... mentality/
RedAnt

Postby babu » Fri May 08, 2015 6:14 am

Woo wee. Nothing changes on here does it. :)

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Fri May 08, 2015 8:47 am

Dear Mr Rogers,

It's May, we all ready knew we need a striker but now we know Sturridge is out until at least oct/nov, so armed with this information and knowledge please go out and buy a FECKING TOP CLASS STRIKER OR ELSE WE'RE GONNA HAVE ANOTHER Sh*t SEASON!

thanks

Leeroy, Age 40.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri May 08, 2015 10:29 am

Brendan Rodgers has denied that Liverpool were ever interested in signing Dutch winger Memphis Depay.

The 21-year-old sealed his move to Manchester United yesterday, and will link up with his former national team coach Louis van Gaal from the end of the season.

It had been reported that Liverpool were battling with the Red Devils for his signature, with Paris Saint-Germain also apparently tabling an offer for the in-demand youngster.

The Reds flew Depay over to England to talk personal terms, but Rodgers has denied claims that they were ever considering bringing him to Anfield.

He said in his press conference this morning: "It wasn't something we were ever interested in. We already have four wingers at the club. We have other priorities."

The amount of dross that this guy speaks is beyone belief.  I've had ENOUGH. 

Why would you lie about that ?

When a guy has to lie about losing transfer targets to cover his own back then yes, the job is too big for him.
Kopite-Jud

Postby leeroy74 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:54 am

What is your beef with him now exactly? Do you want him to just sit there and say 'oh yeah we really wanted him but he chose Man Utd because they're a bigger club and we're *****'? It's the LFC press conference which shouldn't be filled with BR saying how we lost out to Man Utd for a player.

your just looking for reasons to hit him now and to be honest it's quite sad. Get a grip
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Fri May 08, 2015 11:04 am

I'd say it's the outright lieing that bugs people. We follow the story for a week or so. Dirk Kuyt gives some input. We're told he's flown over and is impressed with the set up. Then he signs for Man U and BR claims he wasn't interested, saying he's a winger and we don't need another one. Does that not embarrass people? So either all we've read is BS from the press, or Rodgers is lieing.
RedAnt

Postby Kopite-Jud » Fri May 08, 2015 11:08 am

leeroy74 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:54 am wrote:What is your beef with him now exactly? Do you want him to just sit there and say 'oh yeah we really wanted him but he chose Man Utd because they're a bigger club and we're *****'? It's the LFC press conference which shouldn't be filled with BR saying how we lost out to Man Utd for a player.

your just looking for reasons to hit him now and to be honest it's quite sad. Get a grip

No.... He just makes himself look even more stupid.  A man with any decency would admit there was an offer there or at least interest.  Why would you come out and make a rediculous statement like that ?  It's embarrassing.  He comes out with countless lies.

The man is deluded and tries to cover his back by saying that, so that he doesn't get a lashing from people like me.  I'm afraid it doesn't wash with me.  Ive heard it all before. I don't know when he's lying or not.

At least admit you're showing interest in quality.  I dont need to look for any reason to hit at him.  He does all that himself.
Kopite-Jud

Postby leeroy74 » Fri May 08, 2015 11:53 am

:no deary deary me
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion