Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Tue May 05, 2015 9:15 am

Asmir Begovic may have played his last game for Stoke after he was dropped in favour of Jack Butland at Swansea.

The £15million-rated Bosnia goalkeeper only has a year left on his Britannia Stadium contract and a host of Europe's top clubs including Liverpool, Arsenal and Real Madrid are now on red alert.

Begovic is due for contract talks in the summer but has been out of form in recent weeks. He was not even included on the bench at the Liberty Stadium with Thomas Sorensen there instead after being far from happy to be out of the starting XI.

Now Hughes wants to give the highly-rated Butland some game time ahead of the European U21 Championships this summer with Stoke comfortably in mid-table.

"Asmir wants to play every game, but I explained the reasons behind my decision," he said. "I'm very fortunate to have three excellent keepers, so whoever I pick I'm going to get a decent performance.

"It wasn't a big decision. It was one of those where I felt it was the right thing to do.

"I spoke to Jack earlier in the year and said that if I felt there was an opportunity for me to give him game time then I'd do that.

"It was a good time because it was a game of significance, and he needs to be exposed to those games rather than dead rubbers."

Butland himself recently signed a new four-year contract to stay at Stoke to increase fears that Begovic could depart.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue May 05, 2015 9:34 am

Liverpool have reportedly been handed a boost to complete the £17.7million transfer for Inter Milan star Mateo Kovacic as the Croatian plans to leave the San Siro.

The Reds are keen to push through a deal for the Croat who has become unsettled in Milan due to the imminent arrival of Manchester City's Yaya Toure, according to Fichajes.net.

The former Dinamo Zagreb man, 20, has the potential to be one of the top midfielders in Europe and the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal are also interested.

Inter boss Roberto Mancini is thought to be open to the sale as he looks to fund his own summer moves.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue May 05, 2015 9:34 am

Liverpool have reaffirmed their interest in Fiorentina goalkeeper Norberto Neto after the Brazilian had second thoughts on a move to Juventus.

Neto fears being marginalised as an understudy to Gianliugi Buffon at the Serie A champions and is reassessing his options when he becomes a free transfer this summer.

That has encouraged Liverpool to revive their interest in the 25-year-old who would challenge Simon Mignolet for the No.1 jersey.

Brazilian national coach Dunga has voiced concerns that the career of Neto, who represented his country in the 2012 Olympics in London, would stall in Turin and his advice seems likely to be heeded.

The arrival of Neto on a free transfer would complement the interest in Manchester City's James Milner who is also out of contract and destined for Anfield.

Liverpool remain favourites to sign Danny Ings from Burnley with his fee to be decided by a transfer tribunal unless the respective clubs come to an agreement over the next month.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue May 05, 2015 10:32 am

Liverpool lead the race to sign Burnley full back Kieran Trippier ahead of Stoke and Southampton, report the ​Star.

The Reds are on the lookout for a new full back because Glen Johnson is set to leave, though Southampton are also thought to be interested because they're set to lose Nathaniel Clyne to Manchester United.

The 24-year-old has been excellent for Sean Dyche's side this season and could leave if the club are relegated.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 05, 2015 10:53 am

C-R » Tue May 05, 2015 8:34 am wrote:Liverpool have reportedly been handed a boost to complete the £17.7million transfer for Inter Milan star Mateo Kovacic as the Croatian plans to leave the San Siro.

The Reds are keen to push through a deal for the Croat who has become unsettled in Milan due to the imminent arrival of Manchester City's Yaya Toure, according to Fichajes.net.

The former Dinamo Zagreb man, 20, has the potential to be one of the top midfielders in Europe and the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal are also interested.

Inter boss Roberto Mancini is thought to be open to the sale as he looks to fund his own summer moves.

He is the fella that Inter signed with the money they got for Coutinho, apparently he is good.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue May 05, 2015 12:46 pm

Liverpool have been cleared to move for Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette in the summer transfer window after he cast doubt over his future at the French club.

Lacazette has been one of the form players in Europe this season, hitting 31 goals in 31 appearances to help his side mount a serious title challenge.

Lyon President Jean Michel-Aulas had previously stated that any offers for Lacazette would be rejected, but the French international has raised fresh doubts over his future by admitting he will consider his situation at the end of the season.

"I am good here, but after that I need to think about my progression, the future," he told French television.

"We will see at the end of the season."

The 23-year-old's comments mark a departure from his previous stance on his future, and although he would likely seek assurances about playing time ahead of Euro 2016, a substantial offer could see him depart Lyon for Anfield in the summer.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue May 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Liverpool are monitoring the developments at Barcelona in their bid to sign a new right-back.

The Reds are keen on Martin Montoya and are weighing up a summer bid now that it looks like Dani Alves could stay at the Nou Camp.

Montoya's first-team chances have been limited under Luis Enrique and he has expressed a desire to leave.

Alves, who is out contract this summer, also looked like leaving although it appears he's had a change of heart.

Montoya, at 24, would offer someone with experience of being at a big club but has never really made an impression on the team at Barcelona and is uncapped for Spain.

However, the Daily Mail report a move could be imminent.

Alves' decision to stay - despite links to Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester United - would mean Montoya's chances of getting a game next term would be minimal.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue May 05, 2015 4:20 pm

Inter can't afford Dybala without selling first. Inter hope to raise money by selling Kovacic to Liverpool (Gazzetta dello Sport).
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue May 05, 2015 5:57 pm

Liverpool are reportedly lining up a transfer for AC Milan forward Jeremy Menez.

The France international has scored 16 goals in 32 Serie A appearances for the Italian outfit this season.

His impressive record in front of goal is believed to have caught the attention of Reds boss Brendan Rodgers.

Despite Menez, 27, being tied into a contract until 2017, the Reds are ready to step up their interest in him, according to reports.

Rodgers may face competition from big-spending Monaco for Menez's signature at the end of the season.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 05, 2015 11:36 pm

It is the Daily Mail but has Ayre's form all over it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

Could it be a scabby attempt to force him out ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed May 06, 2015 11:13 am

Seydou Doumbia's agent has refused to discuss his client's future and says the Ivorian is focused on firing Roma into the Champions League.

Doumbia joined the Italian club from CSKA Moscow in January despite reported interest from Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham.

But the forward has so far failed to prove a major success in Rome, although two goals in his last two games suggest he is getting to grips with life in Serie A.

His struggle to make an impact has led to speculation he could be sold in the summer, with a host of Premier League clubs reportedly monitoring his situation.

However, Doumba's representative, Jean Bernard Beytrison, insists talk of the 27-year-old's future can wait.

"The future? Now is not the time to talk about these things, he's only been in Rome for two or three months," he told LaRoma 24.

"He wants to play, and he's demonstrated that it's easier to score when you're on the pitch. I'm sure that he won't have any more absences.

"He can score in Milan next week too and help the club get into the Champions League."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed May 06, 2015 11:32 am

Liverpool have been handed a transfer boost in the race to sign Memphis Depay, as Paris Saint-Germain reportedly cannot afford him.

The Dutch winger has taken the Eredivisie by storm this season, scoring a phenomenal 21 goals in 28 games.

Depay, 21, was believed to be on PSG’s radar, but the Ligue 1 outfit will not be able to compete financially with potential Premier League suitors, according to L’Equipe.

The Reds will reportedly face stiff competition from Manchester United in the race to sign the £20million-rated youngster.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed May 06, 2015 12:00 pm

Not a rumour, and don't know if it's been mentioned in previous post (couldn't find anything....), anyway LFC have agreed a deal to sign a youngster called Paulinho.  Paulinho is seen as a huge 'talent', though it's difficult to tell really as he plays for a team in the Portugese third tier.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby C-R » Wed May 06, 2015 12:09 pm

LIVERPOOL FC have agreed a deal to sign young Portuguese midfielder Paulo Alves this summer.

The 17-year-old will make the move from AD Sanjoanense, who play in the third tier of football in his homeland, after the two clubs agreed a nominal transfer fee.

Alves, who is known as Paulinho, has made four starts and eight substitute appearances after breaking into Sanjoanense's first-team this season.

The teenager impressed Liverpool Academy staff during a trial earlier in the season and has been granted permission by his club to travel to Merseyside with his father to complete the contract formalities.

Alves will remain with Sanjoanense until the end of the season before linking up with the Reds in pre-season.

He's expected to start off next season at the Kirkby Academy but the hope is that he will prove his worth and make the leap to Melwood.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 06, 2015 7:48 pm

C-R » Wed May 06, 2015 12:09 pm wrote:LIVERPOOL FC have agreed a deal to sign young Portuguese midfielder Paulo Alves this summer.

The 17-year-old will make the move from AD Sanjoanense, who play in the third tier of football in his homeland, after the two clubs agreed a nominal transfer fee.

Alves, who is known as Paulinho, has made four starts and eight substitute appearances after breaking into Sanjoanense's first-team this season.

The teenager impressed Liverpool Academy staff during a trial earlier in the season and has been granted permission by his club to travel to Merseyside with his father to complete the contract formalities.

Alves will remain with Sanjoanense until the end of the season before linking up with the Reds in pre-season.

He's expected to start off next season at the Kirkby Academy but the hope is that he will prove his worth and make the leap to Melwood.

Ooooh EXCITING  :nod 

Its a means to an end I suppose and the real money is being kept for our marquee signing  :buttrock

James Milner   :lookaround
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill