Liverpool V QPR - Sat 2nd May 3pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sun May 03, 2015 2:57 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 02, 2015 10:04 pm wrote:I'm actually struggling more to come to terms with the decline of our fans than the decline of the team.

Yes...with some fans accepting mediocrity and defending it...I'm also struggling to come to terms with the decline of our fans.

Where's our ambition? Our winning at all cost mentality? Our "never give up until the final whistle blow" mindset? With Rodgers quite obviously having given up on CL qualification, it shows with our performance on the pitch. Weak tactics and leadership cost us these past seasons.

I've supported the club for over 45 years and it's sad we no longer have strong leadership, not since Rafa anyway...not that I agreed with bringing back Rafa, but it's high time we show Rodgers the door whatever position we ended up at the end of season.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun May 03, 2015 4:05 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 02, 2015 6:42 pm wrote:
The atmosphere albeit from Gerrards winner was frankly the quietest I've witnessed ,besides that its 3 points and with the Mancs getting thoroughly 'Pulised'
by the Baggies ,and still having to face the Gooners ,and Palace and Hull both away it was essential we garnered three points today to retain any faint
hope we can drag them back.

Highly improbable for us to claw back. Making up 5 pts in 3 games... We also have 2 away games.... They eessentially need to lose 1 game and draw 1 game while we need to win all 3. And with the form were in, I'm not confident at all...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun May 03, 2015 8:08 am

maguskwt » Sun May 03, 2015 3:05 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 02, 2015 6:42 pm wrote:
The atmosphere albeit from Gerrards winner was frankly the quietest I've witnessed ,besides that its 3 points and with the Mancs getting thoroughly 'Pulised'
by the Baggies ,and still having to face the Gooners ,and Palace and Hull both away it was essential we garnered three points today to retain any faint
hope we can drag them back.

Highly improbable for us to claw back. Making up 5 pts in 3 games... We also have 2 away games.... They eessentially need to lose 1 game and draw 1 game while we need to win all 3. And with the form were in, I'm not confident at all...

I agree, we need to win all three and wouldn't be surprised if we beat chelsea then blow it against Palace, even if Utd totally implode and lose all three, I'm still not at all confident we would do it in our current form, if ever BR needs to pull the team together, get the team selection and set up right and in the frame of mind to win, its the next three matches, if we go out of this race with a whimper that would definitely be the final straw for me. He's fighting for his LFC future here, no excuses.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun May 03, 2015 8:30 am

Dundreamin is back » Sun May 03, 2015 12:01 am wrote:maguskwt » Sat May 02, 2015
How

many feckin easy goals do sterling need to miss? Even 100k per week is not worth it. He should just be on 70-80k a week.

He should be on the minimum wage the little Ahole

Mate please explain why you think this annoying little tw.. Is worth £70/80k a week. We bandy figures like that around as if they are nothing when in reality they represent what over a 100 of our loyal supporter would earn in a week except for a few exceptions. The game has gone mad. Sterling simply makes too many mistakes in front of goal and his decision making is extremely questionable. He is 20 and nowhere near the finished article. I dispair  :no  :help  :(
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Sun May 03, 2015 10:13 am

devaney » Sun May 03, 2015 7:30 am wrote:Mate please explain why you think this annoying little tw.. Is worth £70/80k a week. We bandy figures like that around as if they are nothing when in reality they represent what over a 100 of our loyal supporter would earn in a week except for a few exceptions. The game has gone mad. Sterling simply makes too many mistakes in front of goal and his decision making is extremely questionable. He is 20 and nowhere near the finished article. I dispair  :no  :help  :(

I have to agree. I really don't think he is worth £70-80K/wk. Sure, he has potential in there somewhere, but until he can harness his potential and put it to use on the pitch, he is useless.
I really hope that, at the end of the season when the negotiation starts again, Rodgers has the balls to revise his previous offer of £100K down.
The greedy wee cunt has only got himself (and his agent) to blame. If he wants to go, fuck 'im, let him go. He doesn't appreciate the shirt anyway. I'd far rather have Jonjo Shelvey (just off the top of my head.)  I know Sterling's only one of the many problems we face, but recently he's been putting in regular poor performances, at a time when he's trying to haggle for more wages?????? "How does that bit work, Ted?"
This whole season has served to emphasise just how good Luis Suarez really is, that he was able to make this bunch of lame ducks look so good.  So good that it gave me vain hope that maybe, somehow, we could've been pretty good without him. Oh man, how wrong was I?
Ah well. MotoGP today. C'mon VR46!
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 03, 2015 3:07 pm

devaney » Sun May 03, 2015 8:30 am wrote:
Dundreamin is back » Sun May 03, 2015 12:01 am wrote:maguskwt » Sat May 02, 2015
How

many feckin easy goals do sterling need to miss? Even 100k per week is not worth it. He should just be on 70-80k a week.

Mate please explain why you think this annoying little tw.. Is worth £70/80k a week. We bandy figures like that around as if they are nothing when in reality they represent what over a 100 of our loyal supporter would earn in a week except for a few exceptions. The game has gone mad. Sterling simply makes too many mistakes in front of goal and his decision making is extremely questionable. He is 20 and nowhere near the finished article. I dispair  :no  :help  :(

For starters he is only on 35k a week, not 70 -80 or 100 + but 35.

He is far from the finished article and massively overhyped and while I agree with you it has to be pointed out that the situation he finds himself in is of our own doing.
Even last season he was just alright and most of what he scored was put on a plate 2 yds out by suarez. He was thriving alongside players of that calibre and when suarez left we signed nothing. Sterling then becomes possibly the biggest player in the side and carrying the hopes of the fans. He has shown this season that it was far too much for him to handle as he is only a kid and has been struggling with those expectations. He has been thrown to the dogs by rodgers this season when he clearly isn't ready for that kind of expectation. That I'd say is one of the biggest reasons why he is stalling as even more pressure will be thrown on him if he is being paid 100 grand a week.

Look at jordan Ibe and how the club are now doing the same thing to him  :nod  Sterling leaves and Ibe will have next season to get to grips with it and the same will be expected of him the season after.

Sterling is shyte at this moment if the truth be known but so is the whole notion of a 20 year old being the biggest player at the club.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun May 03, 2015 5:31 pm

red till i die!! » Sun May 03, 2015 2:07 pm wrote:
How

He is far from the finished article and massively overhyped and while I agree with you it has to be pointed out that the situation he finds himself in is of our own doing.
Even last season he was just alright and most of what he scored was put on a plate 2 yds out by suarez. He was thriving alongside players of that calibre and when suarez left we signed nothing. Sterling then becomes possibly the biggest player in the side and carrying the hopes of the fans. He has shown this season that it was far too much for him to handle as he is only a kid and has been struggling with those expectations. He has been thrown to the dogs by rodgers this season when he clearly isn't ready for that kind of expectation. That I'd say is one of the biggest reasons why he is stalling as even more pressure will be thrown on him if he is being paid 100 grand a week.

Look at jordan Ibe and how the club are now doing the same thing to him  :nod  Sterling leaves and Ibe will have next season to get to grips with it and the same will be expected of him the season after.

Sterling is shyte at this moment if the truth be known but so is the whole notion of a 20 year old being the biggest player at the club.

The notion wasn't Sh*t for Owen and Fowler...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 03, 2015 5:38 pm

Santa » Sun May 03, 2015 3:57 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 02, 2015 10:04 pm wrote:I'm actually struggling more to come to terms with the decline of our fans than the decline of the team.

Yes...with some fans accepting mediocrity and defending it...I'm also struggling to come to terms with the decline of our fans.

Where's our ambition? Our winning at all cost mentality? Our "never give up until the final whistle blow" mindset? With Rodgers quite obviously having given up on CL qualification, it shows with our performance on the pitch. Weak tactics and leadership cost us these past seasons.

I've supported the club for over 45 years and it's sad we no longer have strong leadership, not since Rafa anyway...not that I agreed with bringing back Rafa, but it's high time we show Rodgers the door whatever position we ended up at the end of season.

You may think what you want and say what you want but there's a way of to express your opinion and it's certainly not by flying a "Rodgers out" banner over the stadium! We laughed last season at how the mancs did it with Moyes (flying a "Moyes out" banner as well, probably where we got the idea from in the first place). We were saying that they're showing their true colors, calling them "classless" for doing it and what not. And looks at us now.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 03, 2015 6:38 pm

maguskwt » Sun May 03, 2015 5:31 pm wrote:

The notion wasn't Sh*t for Owen and Fowler...

You totally missed the point  :nod
Do you know what kind of players we had in the side when those players came through ? In Owens case it was alongside players like gerrard, hamann, hypia, murphy, berger and smicer to name a few. When he left that side won a CL a year later but the point was that he had experienced players to lean on in those early years till he came into his own.

Fowler came through the ranks alongside the likes of barnes, rush, wright, molby and whelan to name a few from his era. Both players in the space of 2 years were not in the same position that sterling is now who has to line up in a side that he has become one of the most experienced players in it.  Look at the difference between this season and last when he had one top player in the side to work off. Look at him this season  :laugh: The proof will be next season when he moves to another club like city and gets to line up in his proper position alongside quality players and being coached by a proper manager.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 03, 2015 6:40 pm

damjan193 » Sun May 03, 2015 5:38 pm wrote:
Santa » Sun May 03, 2015 3:57 am wrote:

You may think what you want and say what you want but there's a way of to express your opinion and it's certainly not by flying a "Rodgers out" banner over the stadium! We laughed last season at how the mancs did it with Moyes (flying a "Moyes out" banner as well, probably where we got the idea from in the first place). We were saying that they're showing their true colors, calling them "classless" for doing it and what not. And looks at us now.

It wasn't the fans that organised that  :no It was rafa's agent  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon May 04, 2015 5:36 pm

How

The suggestion was that he should be offered £70 to £80k a week. I'm fully aware that he is on £35k a week. The suggestion that we should offer him twice what he is currently earning makes me vomit to be frank. The thought of paying him £100k a week is simply staggering. I'd sell him tomorrow for anything north of £30m. To mention Sterling's name in the same sentence as Owen and Fowler is just idiotic.

Nobody suggested that he was actually on £70/80k a week. You need to go back a bit further in the thread mate.
Last edited by devaney on Tue May 05, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Tue May 05, 2015 12:42 pm

A very bad performance from a weak side who has no impassion, it was only down to SG to secure a win despite a nerves spot kick!, otherwaise we might have ended with one point.
Sterling was ficking Sh*t, top CF in BR eyes!  No end product, useless finisher, get  unloaded so easily.. SHOULD NOT BE IN TEAM.

The decline will for sure continue as long as the Sh*t BR will remain in charge, and I understand some of the fans negative reaction against him, however their replacement choice "Rafa" is the main reason for this steady decline of LFC over the last 10 years.
The full blame is totally down to bad sucessive club ownership and bad management and waste club money on very bad players as a desperate acts for short sighted glory!

It is down to the LFC owners to put in charge top manager who is so strong to clear all the Sh*t in LFC and also the fans has the right to demand to state their voice on how the LFC should be run.. Enough of this Sh*t bad managers, bad expensive players, false hope and enough waiting for wining the league and wining trophies.

First action is to sack this idiot BR who had off loaded very good players and bought badly and too expensive in replacement, and another season under him will be a major disaster.
algymoon

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games