Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Sun May 03, 2015 2:12 pm

Liverpool are reportedly eyeing a transfer for Bayer Leverkusen forward Son Heung-Min.

The South Korean has been in sensational form for the German outfit this season, scoring 11 goals in 24 appearances in the Bundesliga.

Heung-Min, 22, has reportedly caught the attention of Brendan Rodgers - the Reds boss may have to fork out £15 million to sign him, which may mean offloading another midfielder.

It's believed Heung-Min has been on Liverpool's radar even before he signed for Leverkusen from Hamburg in 2013.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun May 03, 2015 4:57 pm

Liverpool are reportedly set to beat Chelsea to the transfer of QPR striker Charlie Austin.

The English centre-forward is reportedly being lined up by Brendan Rodgers' after disappointing seasons for the Reds' forwards.

Austin, 25, has scored a mightily impressive 17 Premier League goals for the struggling Hoops this campaign - QPR will reportedly listen to offers of £10 million and above if they get relegated.

Liverpool will face tough competition from Chelsea, Southampton and Newcastle for Austin's signature.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 03, 2015 6:02 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 03, 2015 12:38 am wrote:
damjan193 » Sat May 02, 2015 8:38 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 02, 2015 8:31 pm wrote:The Echo seems to think that we are in the driving seat re signing Depay.
Apparently his agent has said he wants to go somewhere where he will get plenty of football, he's not interested in going somewhere like Chelsea where good players end up on the bench all season.

It would be fantastic if we can sell Sterling for a lot of money and sign Depay as his replacement for 20 million. If we're not selling Sterling or any other of our wingers though, I don't see the need for Depay.

Well according to James Pearce of the Echo we are going to have around £35m in our war chest to spend in the summer, Depay will cost us somewhere in the region of £20m leaving us about £15m plus whatever we can raise from sales to further strengthen the squad.
The Echo reckons Sterling won't be one of those leaving though.

Well I already did the maths myself :D. By selling Jose Enrique, Fabio Borini, Mario Balotelli and the loaned out Sebastian Coates, Luis Alberto and Iago Aspas plus a few other youngsters maybe, we should be able to accumulate 35-40 million. Add Sterling to the list (my personal wish), and we can add at least 30 million more (around 70 million total).

IMO for this summer we'll need 4 new players (3 if we don't sell Sterling), a striker, new winger replacement for Sterling, a midfielder and a back-up goalie. So if I were playing footie manager, 50 mil will go for Sterling's replacement (Depay?, 20-25 million) and a quality striker (Lacazzet, Benteke?, 25 million). Those two positions should be the priority IMO. After that we'd need to buy a quality midfielder, I don't have a personal target so I don't know how much we'd need for this. And lastly, a back-up goalie, that one's easy. In total we'll need around 80-90 million, with at least 70 million from players sales (incl. Sterling). If we don't have enough money for everyone, cut on the midfielder and go for Milner on a free (or maybe Khedira, also on free), Hendo and Lucas should be good enough for the season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun May 03, 2015 6:39 pm

Liverpool have reportedly agreed terms with Barcelona right-back Martin Montoya ahead of a potential transfer from Barcelona this summer.

Montoya, 24, has struggled to make an impact at Barcelona, and according to Fichajes.net he has agreed personal terms with Liverpool as he looks to test himself abroad.

The two clubs will still need to agree on a transfer fee, but it appears that the Spaniard has moved a big step toward moving to Anfield.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 03, 2015 7:24 pm

Damjan - according to the Echo we have opened negotiations with Brad Jones's agent over a new contract. The Echo said it was an unexpected move as it was assumed that Jones would be one of the players leaving the club at the end of the season.
Looks like we won't be needing that back up goalie then mate.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon May 04, 2015 10:51 am

Khedira would be a perfect replacement for Gerrard...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon May 04, 2015 12:51 pm

Liverpool have been linked with Burnley right-back Kieran Trippier but could face a fight with Southampton for his signature.

Brendan Rodgers is on the look-out for a new full-back and it appears that Trippier, who has enjoyed an impressive season in the Premier League with Burnley, is high on the wanted list.

The 24-year-old's current club are facing an instant return to the Championship after just one season in the top-flight as they sit eight points from safety with only three games remaining.

Liverpool would be able to offer Trippier an immediate return to the Premier League this summer should the Clarets be relegated.

But they could face strong competition from Saints boss Ronald Koeman who has also been looking for potential full-back signings with the future of England international Nathaniel Clyne still in the balance at St Mary's.

Manchester United have been heavily linked with a summer swoop for the 24-year-old, who has made no secret of his desire to play for a club that will be in the Champions League.

Koeman has handed Clyne a deadline to agree a new contract offer that is on the table and will start looking elsewhere if he fails to put pen-to-paper before the end of the season.

Source: ClubCall
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Liverpool have revived their interest in Bayer Leverkusen forward Son Heung-Min and remain hopeful of convincing Memphis Depay to join from PSV Eindhoven.

Brendan Rodgers is keen to recruit two forwards this summer and he and his scouting staff have watched South Korea international Son on several occasions over the past two seasons.

Leverkusen value the 22-year-old at £15million and he is their joint-top goalscorer with 11 for the season, level with Karim Bellarabi, who has drawn attention from Everton.

Son's agent Thies Bliemeister told German newspaper Bild: "I know Liverpool have scouted him several times this season and would like to have him in their team."

His contract is understood to contain an annual release clause and Leverkusen are interested in Hoffenheim's Kevin Volland should he go.

Meanwhile, Liverpool remain confident they will beat Manchester United to the signature of Holland international Depay.

The two Premier League giants are in the running with Paris Saint-Germain to sign the Eredivisie top goalscorer, who is available for £20m.

Source: MailOnline
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Alexandre Lacazette has put Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City on red alert by revealing he could leave Lyon.

The forward has been the standout performer in Ligue 1 this season, leading the goal scoring charts with 27.

The 23-year-old's displays have sparked interest from clubs all over Europe, most notably in the Premier League.

Arsenal and Liverpool are long-term admirers of the France international, while Manchester City have sent scouts to see him in action this season.

And the interested trio have been given a boost in their pursuit after Lacazette explained he will consider his future at the end of the season.

"I am good here, but after that I need to think about my progression, the future. We will see at the end of the season," Lacazette told Canal +.

Source: talkSPORT
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon May 04, 2015 12:52 pm

Liverpool are chasing Bayer Leverkusen striker Son Heung-min, according to the player's agent.

Brendan Rodgers has made no secret of his desire to bring in a forward this summer as the Reds continue to get used to life after Luis Suarez.

Liverpool look set to strengthen their forward line at the end of the season, with Korean striker Son high on their list.

The 22-year-old is Bayer Leverkusen's top scorer this season with 11 goals and his agent, Thies Bliemeister, admits Liverpool are keeping tabs on the situation.

"I know Liverpool have on numerous occasions this season watched him and would like to have the player in their team," Bliemeister told Bild.

Source: talkSPORT
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon May 04, 2015 3:55 pm

Worth a read

Football News: Liverpool's Transfer Policy Woes

In recent years, well over the last 20+ years really, Liverpool's transfer policy has been hard to fathom. There seems to be little rhyme nor reason behind the players brought into the club. It is not just the mistakes of bringing in players for positions that are not needed, it is the poor choice of players in general.

This summer looks set to continue that trend with Danny Ings being a major target. It is not because of his ability I say that, nor even because of his injury problems that seem to plague him throughout his career. It is his attitude. The lad is clearly not a winner. He refused to take a penalty for Burnley in case he missed and they went down because of it. The kind of players you need are those who step up in those moments so they can be the one to score and keep Burnley up. Not the cowardly types who hide back in their shell, but the brave who step up and take the chance.

I am not Steven Gerrard's biggest fan by any means, but one thing he is, even if he does not always channel it in the right way, is a winner. He drives himself on when all looks lost and keeps going, usually raising his game when the going gets tough to try and win the game. That drive will not be there next season, so who will provide it?

Jordan Henderson is an excellent player, but he is not going to provide that same drive and big game match winning moments when it counts. Ings is even worse, his refusal shows that in tough times, when the pressure is on during big games, he will go into his shell and hide, passing responsibility on to others. Anyone. Just so long as he does not have to take on that responsibility himself.

Those kind of players are not going to turn Liverpool FC into a team that wins, they are the kind of players that play for midtable teams that have little pressure on them. So the question remains, why is he a target? Why is someone at the club not saying he is not the answer to Liverpool's striking woes. Who makes these ludicrous decisions to chase players that simply make no sense?

Last January no one came in at all, yet it was still a better transfer window than the previous summer when a whole raft of players came in. Purely because at least no more of the wrong ones were added to the wage bill. This summer is an important time for Liverpool, they have to get it right now before they drop too far behind the top four clubs to ever catch up. That means getting players with the right mentality.

Written by Tris Burke

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 04, 2015 7:30 pm

Kash_Mountain » Mon May 04, 2015 2:55 pm wrote: That means getting players with the right mentality.

Been thinking that since Carra left.  Stevie G isn't the most vocal of leaders but at least tried to lead by example next season he'll be gone and there'll be no LEADERS at all in the team.

Massive problem right there.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Tue May 05, 2015 5:43 am

Paul Joyce - #LFC have reaffirmed their interest in goalkeeper Norberto Neto after the Brazilian had second thoughts on a move to Juventus.

Paul Joyce - Neto fears being marginalised as an understudy to Buffon. Jones is now set to be released despite contract talks taking place.

Paul Joyce - Neto on a free would complement the interest in Milner, who is destined for #LFC. They remain favourites to sign Danny Ings.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue May 05, 2015 5:51 am

Spot on and I've been saying it for 2 years now. Even just recently someone said I was barking up the wrong tree, but I've got used to that.

I have an admission to make.

I was wrong concerning Carra. I thought he was only a player and I was against him getting into management as I didn't think he had the acumen to manage in all it's guises, at a major football club.

Since he started his game analysis on tv you see he understands the wider aspect of the game, he's not just 'a defender', he's not just a local lad who made good. He has an indepth appreciation of the space on the field, who should be operating where and how a game is broken down tactically.

I'd like to see the lad an Anfield, he has the passion and leadership that the team is woefully lacking at the moment. I'd put him alongside BR as first team coach (as opposed to manager) and expect to see him form a good partnership with BR as a result. The blow of losing SG would be forgotten overnight it Carra was on the training field and sideline.

I see a lot of Rafa in Carra.  He has the nous and the drive to get LFC back on track.  Stop wasting money on soft-lad signings and invest 1/4 of the money on the backroom and get those players we do have, fired up and playing properly.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue May 05, 2015 9:14 am

Liverpool are reportedly set to complete the signing of Manchester City star James Milner.

The England international will become a free agent this summer with his City contract expiring, and talks over an extension have stalled.

Arsenal and Liverpool have both been linked with moves for the 29-year-old, and now reports say the Reds are set to seal his signature.

It's being claimed that Milner is 'destined' to arrive at Anfield - even though City will likely make a last-ditch contract offer to tempt him to stay.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill