Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:52 pm

I remember this fella ^^

^^^^^
But who the f*ck is he  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:26 pm

RedAnt » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:50 am wrote:So tell us then Yakka why BR is covered by the LFC You'll Never Walk Alone umbrella, but the greedy lil git called Raheem should be sold? I don't see the logic in it. They both wear the badge don't they? Why is BR among the wagons we circle whilst Raheem isn't? Your support seems quite selective and yet you constantly have a go at anyone who speaks against Brendan. If you tell us your criteria for "genuine" support, then maybe we could all be the best supporters, like you. Thing is when we all ride on high horses, then there is no high horse. They're all the same size.

It's not really rocket science mate, Sterling did an unsanctioned interview on the evening news where he basically said he wants out, Rodgers for all his faults has said he wants to stay.
By the way when I say for all his faults I mean on the footballing side, stooping to personal insults is not my style.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:26 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:50 am wrote:So tell us then Yakka why BR is covered by the LFC You'll Never Walk Alone umbrella, but the greedy lil git called Raheem should be sold? I don't see the logic in it. They both wear the badge don't they? Why is BR among the wagons we circle whilst Raheem isn't? Your support seems quite selective and yet you constantly have a go at anyone who speaks against Brendan. If you tell us your criteria for "genuine" support, then maybe we could all be the best supporters, like you. Thing is when we all ride on high horses, then there is no high horse. They're all the same size.

It's not really rocket science mate, Sterling did an unsanctioned interview on the evening news where he basically said he wants out, Rodgers for all his faults has said he wants to stay.
By the way when I say for all his faults I mean on the footballing side, stooping to personal insults is not my style.

I'm not having a go at you mate, but our ideas of support clearly differ. And so it should. I'm from Durham. Most support the northern teams, and the scum, but there's plenty of reds too. There's a lot of reasons I support Liverpool. Brucie Grobs was a big reason. The anthem is another. The colours, the hot dogs, the wit, you name it. Oddly enough though Brendan Rodgers was never one of those reasons. For me, You'll Never Walk Alone meant that I could go into a pub alone and yet find someone to drink with because he's wearing a liver bird too. I guess it can mean many things to many people, but why should it mean wholehearted support and blind faith to a man being paid a fortune to sit in that managers chair and consistently let us down on the pitch and in front of the cameras? I've always loved Liverpool since the day I can remember. Brendan's only "loved" Liverpool since someone paid him to wear the badge. I don't think it's fair to start shouting "loyalty" at people. We're all still here and wearing the badge, right?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby only me » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:25 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:32 am wrote:No all I can do is keep supporting this great club and put my 100% backing right behind Rodgers all the way in a hope that things turn around for him.
meanwhile you just ignore me and go on your way sunshine. go sharpen up those knives again and look for the next thing you can hit him with. you disgust me.

Little lamb you do whatever you think is right but don't go grading other fans just because they don't think the same as you do. You still have yet to post ONE substantial argument why we should keep BR other then "I'm a Real Fan".

You don't disgust me.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:58 pm

only me » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:25 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:32 am wrote:No all I can do is keep supporting this great club and put my 100% backing right behind Rodgers all the way in a hope that things turn around for him.
meanwhile you just ignore me and go on your way sunshine. go sharpen up those knives again and look for the next thing you can hit him with. you disgust me.

Little lamb you do whatever you think is right but don't go grading other fans just because they don't think the same as you do. You still have yet to post ONE substantial argument why we should keep BR other then "I'm a Real Fan".

You don't disgust me.

What an odd way to end your post :p
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Apr 27th, '15, 16:26 wrote:

And the Owners (and others within the club) have reprimanded BR severely when it comes to him doing Press interviews, airing everything to whoever will listen e.g. Sterling situation, something that should have been kept in house, if he didn't say anything, none of the issues going on with RS right now would be happening, plus there is much much more besides. He is just awful in interviews, a case of foot in mouth every single time. Yet, the fact that he has been reprimanded by the Owners etc and told to 'button it', then still goes and tells the world everything is not clever. You see, BR just doesn't listen.  If you say RS did an unsactioned interview, then you can also say that BR does unsactioned interviews (with a case of foot in mouth).

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:07 pm

I've just spent a while researching this. Figures are approximate.
Rafael Benitez 2004-2010 NET SPEND £ 78 MILLION.               1 European cup. 1 FA Cup won. 1 European cup. 1 League cup Finalists
Brendan Rodgers 2012-2015 NET SPEND £ 91 MILLION            ZILCH. NEET. NIEN. NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY F.OOKALL
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:25 pm

Dundreamin is back » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:07 pm wrote:I've just spent a while researching this. Figures are approximate.
Rafael Benitez 2004-2010 NET SPEND £ 78 MILLION.               1 European cup. 1 FA Cup won. 1 European cup. 1 League cup Finalists
Brendan Rodgers 2012-2015 NET SPEND £ 91 MILLION            ZILCH. NEET. NIEN. NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY F.OOKALL

Benitez was one of the greatest managers in our history but our fans soon turned on him.
Plus a lot of our recent signings are in their early 20's, we won't really know if they are successes/failures for a few years yet.
Look at the difference in Hendo from when he first arrived here as 21 year old to now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:55 pm

Yes, but Bodgers didn't sign him
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:40 pm

Dundreamin is back » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:55 pm wrote:Yes, but Bodgers didn't sign him

I know he didn't mate, my point is that Henderson is a far, far better player at 24 than he was at 21, some fans are writing off players like Moreno and Markovic already when they have an awful lot of developing to do.
Henderson at £16m was widely regarded as a complete waste of money and looked so out of sorts at one point that he was actually offered to Fulham, now he is an england regular and on the verge of being the club captain next season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:57 am

Benitez was one of the greatest managers in our history but our fans soon turned on him.
Plus a lot of our recent signings are in their early 20's, we won't really know if they are successes/failures for a few years yet.
Look at the difference in Hendo from when he first arrived here as 21 year old to now.

And when did the Fans turn on him? His hands were tied by them two b.astards pretending to be our owners. If them two had not got there hands on our club I am convinced Rafa would of made us EPL Champions. I still don't forgive Moores for selling us up for the sake of a few extra thousands put in his Bank account
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:37 am

Dun, I agree with you, Rafa was one of the top managers we ever had and a gentleman to boot.

But the usual % of the fans did turn on him because regardless of everything else that was going on around us at the time, they still expected to win every game. And they hated rotation (which is now the norm) and they hated him because Alonso left and because Torres went of the boil. Everything that went wrong in the world for the last 12 months has Rafa's fault.  Rather like now, vent your frustration on the manager.

Rafa isn't coming back but we can enjoy the memories of  man who knew how to win cups and came 2nd in the league.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:39 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:40 pm wrote:
Dundreamin is back » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:55 pm wrote:Yes, but Bodgers didn't sign him

I know he didn't mate, my point is that Henderson is a far, far better player at 24 than he was at 21, some fans are writing off players like Moreno and Markovic already when they have an awful lot of developing to do.
Henderson at £16m was widely regarded as a complete waste of money and looked so out of sorts at one point that he was actually offered to Fulham, now he is an england regular and on the verge of being the club captain next season.

Good post, I think a lot of our fans are reacting to our position and not putting things into perspective. We do have a young and talented core of players that will only get better.what we lack is consistency because as we have looked poor this season we have also looked good. Typical of a young team.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:46 am

Reg » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:37 am wrote:Dun, I agree with you, Rafa was one of the top managers we ever had and a gentleman to boot.

But the usual % of the fans did turn on him because regardless of everything else that was going on around us at the time, they still expected to win every game. And they hated rotation (which is now the norm) and they hated him because Alonso left and because Torres went of the boil. Everything that went wrong in the world for the last 12 months has Rafa's fault.  Rather like now, vent your frustration on the manager.

Rafa isn't coming back but we can enjoy the memories of  man who knew how to win cups and came 2nd in the league.

And sacrificed himself for the sake of the club. It was him that got the alarm bells ringing that resulted in the eventual downfall of the owners not before they sacked him for doing so. Rafa got a raw deal from the club and should be regarded as a legend as he sacrificed himself for the fans. He was what a Liverpool manager should be, class!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:09 am

How do you know they "will only get better"?

Can you see into the future Kazza?

Will Markovic, Can, Moreno, Ibe, and Origi all become WORLD BEATERS?

While you are gazing into your crystal ball, can you also tell us how much profit we will make off them?

It's only natural that they will be sold once they hit their straps, i.e. Suarez last season and soon to follow him Sterling.

Maybe now you understand why we are so pessimistic.......... :upside: 

But that's OK keep selling that pipe dream just like uncle Henry and uncle Rodgers want you to.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion