Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby supersub » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:01 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:34 pm wrote:
supersub » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:03 pm wrote:I have to pay to watch this comedian play decent players out of position , play players that don't want to play for him or LFC and then spout absolute cr@p to deflect any critique from himself.....the man is morphed into Woy but with a tan and sparkly teeth

So you reckon if someone else was in charge they wouldn't pick Sterling or Gerrard?
And you reckon they'd go on the telly and do a Phil Brown every time we lose?
As I said, 5 years ago we nearly went under, we were constantly finishing 7th and 8th, the last 2 seasons we have finished 2nd and (probably) 5th, it is progress, maybe not as fast as you want but it's progress all the same.

Gerrard should never have been 1st choice this season never mind the majority of last year
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:02 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:09 pm wrote:Well our season is over. 5 place, 6th? Who gives a toss, it's not good enough and that's that.

My gut feeling is BR has taken us as far as he can. Do I want him out? No...

I think he's earned another shot, simply because of the fact he took us so close last year. I know many won't agree, but that's my take on it.

There's a slight glimmer of hope with United's loss today at Goodison, if we win our game in hand we'll be 4 points behind with 4 games to go, unlikely but not impossible.
If we would have won yesterday we could have been 2 points behind
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:12 pm

supersub » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:01 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:34 pm wrote:
supersub » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:03 pm wrote:I have to pay to watch this comedian play decent players out of position , play players that don't want to play for him or LFC and then spout absolute cr@p to deflect any critique from himself.....the man is morphed into Woy but with a tan and sparkly teeth

So you reckon if someone else was in charge they wouldn't pick Sterling or Gerrard?
And you reckon they'd go on the telly and do a Phil Brown every time we lose?
As I said, 5 years ago we nearly went under, we were constantly finishing 7th and 8th, the last 2 seasons we have finished 2nd and (probably) 5th, it is progress, maybe not as fast as you want but it's progress all the same.

Gerrard should never have been 1st choice this season never mind the majority of last year

Agree 100% but like it or not people within the game are in awe of him, Rodgers included.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:00 pm

and there is a glaring difference with Shanks...when he realised his well established stars were past the sell by date he ditched them ...Hunt st john for example..... as for progress don't make me laugh ...last year we had a peak, not because of bodgers but because saurez and sturridge dragged the team along with them coutinho and Henderson with excellent co starring performances...bodgers couldn't see the pathetic soft underbelly that was leaking goals slightly slower than we were banging in at the other end... A pathetic back 5 fronted by the DM that was Stevie G ...it was a disaster glaringly obvious to all but the Liberace impersonator and the comfy seat fans dribbling over their cans of aldi lager.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:45 pm

supersub » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:00 pm wrote:and there is a glaring difference with Shanks...when he realised his well established stars were past the sell by date he ditched them ...Hunt st john for example..... as for progress don't make me laugh ...last year we had a peak, not because of bodgers but because saurez and sturridge dragged the team along with them coutinho and Henderson with excellent co starring performances...bodgers couldn't see the pathetic soft underbelly that was leaking goals slightly slower than we were banging in at the other end... A pathetic back 5 fronted by the DM that was Stevie G ...it was a disaster glaringly obvious to all but the Liberace impersonator and the comfy seat fans dribbling over their cans of aldi lager.

1. It's a well known fact that Shankly let his 60's team go on too long, that's why we went 6 seasons without a trophy, it wasn't until the infamous F.A cup defeat against Watford that he called time on that side.
2. If you can't see that we've made progress since the days of finishing 7th and 8th under Hodgson and Kenny then you need to open your eyes.
3. Agree out the back 5 and Gerrard
4. I can't afford to go the game anymore but I'll stack my match going credentials with anyone if that is what you are trying to imply.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:15 pm

Hodgson had 4 months ... filled a void no one wanted
Dalglish brought success to the club but was given the boot for a second choice done nothing excuse for a manger ...
if you think progress is the pathetic sorry season that is 2014/15 then we are F**ked...no decent player worth his salt will want to play for the Bodj ...so if he stays which may well happen because the money is still rolling in then after season 2015/16 Bodj will be gone and we will be at the start of the next 5 year plan....Bodj will have a new portrait in his hallway and managing newcastle
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:06 pm

If BR had anything about him, he'd have started the season in May, not Jan. LFC has not progressed one iota under BR, not one.

Some people need to understand just how much it means to LFC to come fourth, and had BR brought in quality instead of lame quantity, then LFC would have been in a better situation. He's wasted vast amounts of money that the Owners invested  and then plays the ones he's brought in out of position. Just imagine what will happen if LFC aren't in the top 4:
1: Revenue lost from all games, and a loss of additional television money,
2: Loss of prize money,
3: loss of  sponsorship (money) from Standard Charter.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Penguins » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:11 pm

Well, you would have had an argument IF it was just now that BR had decided to bring in quantity instead of quality.-
BUT... this  has been going on far too long with far too many managers for it to be a "manager problem"
No, I would put that under "cheap owners" (be it Moores, the clowns or FSG) getting a bigger spread hoping to hit big with
a few of them. And as always the few who do really well are sold on and we are left with the *****.

THAT is what has been going on with the club the past decade(s).

Are people really that deluded who believe that IF we change manager FSG's policy is going to change and that all of a sudden the average age and average wage
of new players is going to take a huge bump.
Which planet are you living on?  :no
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:19 pm

Last week wasn't he so sure the club would progress under ayres stewardship in recruitment and now he is moaning at the owners model  :help This is the model he signed up to which came about after he refused to work under van gaal who has somehow taken a team that should be finished back into the top 4 1st time of asking. 

I don't think we could do any worse at all if he got canned and someone like de boer who has won something got the job. He would at least guarantee us 5th which  is deemed a great achievement by some. You never even know, next time we face a semi final he might just be the difference on whether we get through it or not.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:28 pm

Hey, I wasn't convinced when we signed BR one bit.

But why wouldn't he sign for the club?
His biggest job in his career so far had been Swansea where he had a couple of good seasons.
And before that his CV wasn't that impressive....

A big club comes in and offers a very young manager a job with a huge pay rise. Only a fool would turn that down, whatever the restrictions.
What you should asking yourself is WHY FSG went with BR then instead of more established names!
It's not like things have changed and FSG has all of a sudden seen the light and will change their recrutiment policy and NOW will get that experienced manager
they just somehow didn't hire a couple of years ago.
Gimme a break....
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:32 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:17 am wrote:Yes we had money to spend last summer but we had to take a massive step backwards in order to raise the money, the likes of Chelsea, City, United and Arsenal didn't have to sell their best players to strengthen, we did.
There has been a huge gap between us and the top clubs ever since Rafa left 6 years ago, that gap was never going to be bridged in one good season.
Clubs don't stand still as United showed when they were out of the CL for 1 season, what did they do? Go smash the British transfer record by paying £60m for one player, then back that signing up with a host of other signings in the £30m bracket.
If Chelsea or City missed out on CL footy they'd probably throw even more money around than that.
We had one summer where we splashed out, even then we had to sell our best player, the other clubs have been doing it for a decade.
4/5 years ago we were signing the likes of Christian Poulson, Joe Cole and Paul Konchesky whilst Chelsea were splashing out £100m on Fernando Torres, David Luiz and Ramirez.
Why do you think big names weren't rushing to sign for us last season after we finished second? It's because they knew that any team can have one great season but to challenge in the long term you need serious financial muscle to back you up.
A one summer signing spree is nothing these days, to be a major player you need to have the ability to do that every summer, or at least until you stumble across a good side.

C'mon Yakka. He has already had 3 years to turn this around NOT one season as you want to paint a picture. The difference b/w the side we have now and the side we had three years ago is that we have lost two superstars (one through age and the other we sold)  and replaced them with a group of youngsters and misfits. That's not progress.

Rodgers knew that as soon as Suarez was going he had an almighty job to rebuild the team without him. Somewhere along the line his "thinking" of buying 3 or 4 QUALITY  players that cost money (transfer and wages wise) was thrown out the door in line to bring 7 or 8 average players. To our horror we all saw the shambles walk into our club. Whether you want to blame the owners, our transfer committee or anyone else does not absolve Rodgers. He signed up to this nonsense and has NEVER come out publicly criticizing the madness that descended last transfer window (and the ones before that).

That's why I hold him responsible, at least Benitez had the personal courage and conviction to call out the f**kwits destroying our club. Rodgers is nothing but an oil skinned used car salesman patsy. A charleton who will do anything and say anything to advance his own career over us. Yet you want to defend this guy, it's f**king sickening. Tactically he got found out this season and it will continue at his next club. He is an average sod that had one good season because Suarez and Sturridge broke almost every scoring record in the book. Not the messiah that some of the delusional on here think he is. Mark my words, he is a hack and we can come back to this post in a decade when he still would not have won ANYTHING significant.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:41 am

right ok I've read all this thread now and its obvious everyone basically wants Rodgers out. you've all turned on him and now your all sticking the boot in with insults and p!ss takes.

f@cking shamefull bunch of 'supporters' you lot really are.

You'll never walk alone?   f@ck off you sh!theads.  :no
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:17 am

leeroy74 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:41 am wrote:right ok I've read all this thread now and its obvious everyone basically wants Rodgers out. you've all turned on him and now your all sticking the boot in with insults and p!ss takes.

f@cking shamefull bunch of 'supporters' you lot really are.

You'll never walk alone?   f@ck off you sh!theads.  :no

Other then being the best supporter LFC has here can you offer some intelligent input to the discussion? A lot of people ,including myself ,are raising some real substantial failures in BR handling of the club ,failures which warrant his exit ,and all you got to offer is that we are the not "real" supporters. Fck off.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:32 am

No all I can do is keep supporting this great club and put my 100% backing right behind Rodgers all the way in a hope that things turn around for him.
meanwhile you just ignore me and go on your way sunshine. go sharpen up those knives again and look for the next thing you can hit him with. you disgust me.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:33 am

Bodj is a Sh*t manager not worthy of a job at LFC.... clearly you have your head up your a**e and well and truly entrenched in the sand...as for the YNWA ... this pied piper will lead us over the precipice if you give him the stage... when he has departed with his tan teeth,tart and a fortune some of us will be there at the start of another 5 year rescue plan... I support the team on the field of play not any individual who I have no respect for at all...blind loyalty is more harmful than anything and is breeding ground for abuse ...
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion