Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:25 am

Kash_Mountain » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:35 am wrote:the Committee was a bad idea in the first place, however, BR does have final say on players being brought in despite what one might read in the Press or Echo. He gave his full agreement to bringing Balo in, he chooses the players he wants to bring in, Balo was one of them, even though he didn't suit the system being employed. He doesn't suit any system BR employs.  Btw, 'nearly' getting the EPL title then doing a complete squad rebuild just because one players leaves, when it was all to apparent 18 months prior that he was going, is nigh on incredulous. LFC only needed 3 players max, he buys potential in stead of real quality. BR has wasted so much money, and that is partly the reason LFC find themselves with FFP issues. BR has to go.

Wish I knew the actual TRUTH about the "commitee" and the recruitment process.

I do know that a couple of weeks before we signed Ballotelli BR said it was something that wouldn't happen.

BR also said during last summers transfer window he wanted to bring in 3-4 quality players, instead he bought 9 none of whom have shown anything anywhere near the quality required for the sums of money spent.

That's been my main gripe with BR (and the commitee) . We looked like a team that were on the verge of something special, OK we lost the phenomenal Suarez but with the money at our disposal we had the opportunity to significantly strengthen the team with the addition of the 3-4 players of genuine quality as proposed by BR and then we blew it.

That's what disappoints the most, BR (and the comitte) threw away a shed load of cash and the opportunity to once again establish ourselves as part of the premiership elite, I fear it will a long time before we're given that opportunity again.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby lakes10 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:46 am

I think we knew the committee was a bad idea, I don't see Rodgers say yes to buying  Ballotelli  and think that's why he has been out of the team most of the time. the committee might buy the players but Rodgers is the one who has to pick them to play.....well should be.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:48 am

woof woof ! » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:25 am wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:35 am wrote:the Committee was a bad idea in the first place, however, BR does have final say on players being brought in despite what one might read in the Press or Echo. He gave his full agreement to bringing Balo in, he chooses the players he wants to bring in, Balo was one of them, even though he didn't suit the system being employed. He doesn't suit any system BR employs.  Btw, 'nearly' getting the EPL title then doing a complete squad rebuild just because one players leaves, when it was all to apparent 18 months prior that he was going, is nigh on incredulous. LFC only needed 3 players max, he buys potential in stead of real quality. BR has wasted so much money, and that is partly the reason LFC find themselves with FFP issues. BR has to go.

Wish I knew the actual TRUTH about the "commitee" and the recruitment process.

I do know that a couple of weeks before we signed Ballotelli BR said it was something that wouldn't happen.
The
BR also said during last summers transfer window he wanted to bring in 3-4 quality players, instead he bought 9 none of whom have shown anything anywhere near the quality required for the sums of money spent.

That's been my main gripe with BR (and the commitee) . We looked like a team that were on the verge of something special, OK we lost the phenomenal Suarez but with the money at our disposal we had the opportunity to significantly strengthen the team with the addition of the 3-4 players of genuine quality as proposed by BR and then we blew it.

That's what disappoints the most, BR (and the comitte) threw away a shed load of cash and the opportunity to once again establish ourselves as part of the premiership elite, I fear it will a long time before we're given that opportunity again.

I actually agree with you here, no one was arguing more than me for us to take the Suarez money and spend it on one or two marquee names. No more squad players and no more bench warmers was a mantra I must have repeated a hundred times on here last summer. In fact I was almost in despair with some of the names we were seriously being linked to.
But to be fair to the club the really big names know that we haven't got the financial muscle behind us to sustain a challenge for major honours over a long period, United had a bad season last year and they responded by smashing their club transfer record then a few months later the British transfer record on Mata and DiMaria, City will do something similar this summer, both clubs could do it again the following summer if they had to, that type of spending is out of our league and the really big names know it.
Clubs will have good seasons and bad seasons but the star names know that unless a club has the ability to get the chequebook out then they won't be at the top for long. We don't have that ability.
The really ironic thing is that it was us, Everton and Spurs who really pushed for the creation of a premier league, United didn't want it! Be careful for what you wish for is the lesson there I guess.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:54 am

at lets not forget that our team cost the 5th most in the prem, so you can say you get what you pay for. I don't see our player value going up after the last few games. so looks like we will end up where we should be, 5th.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:09 pm

Lakes: Wow, nail met head...

Yakka: But it will never be like that. It will always be a bunch of players with potential that will be bought and never 2-3 top class 1st team players.
Esp with these owners no matter what manager in charge.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:33 pm

Penguins » Apr 26th, '15, 13:09 wrote:Lakes: Wow, nail met head...

Yakka: But it will never be like that. It will always be a bunch of players with potential that will be bought and never 2-3 top class 1st team players.
Esp with these owners no matter what manager in charge.

But the Owners don't tell him which players to buy, they don't get involved with that. They leave that to the people that should know. The Owners have invested heavily, and BR has wasted that money.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:00 pm

The problem with a committee model is when it goes wrong its the committees fault, when it succeeds its down to the committee.
There should be one person in charge and that is the man who selects the squad and picks the team. Its HIS concept and HE knows what players he wants to fit the idea he has in his head.
Committees are w@nk
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:10 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:47 pm wrote:I see we're having a field day eh? All of you can't be seen on the forum from last Xmas till March. I would love to see how you will all treat the next manager after 2 seasons. I don't even know who will be interested to come here. Klopp is never gonna come to another club banking on youth and not even as established in that as his old club. Rafa's never gonna come back after FSG had overlooked him 2 times. Some of you are so out of touch with reality it's unbelievable. Do you think that just because you want Kopp or rafa they'll come? Do you think that just because you want a world class player, they'll come to LFC? Rodgers despite being a good and young manager is a victim of his own pedigree or lack of...

Good post mate.
I wouldn't even mind if he had done a particularly bad job, last year he came closer than any Liverpool manager in the last quarter of a century to winning the title and these whiners like to harp on about our performances in the CL forgetting that we hadn't been in it for 5 years.
It's plainly obvious that he hasn't got full control over transfers (the next manager won't either btw) but these lot would rather believe their own prejudices and conspiracy theories than facts.
You only have to look at RBG 's constant sniping about Rodgers post match comments, I mean how petty can you get, everyone knows that what gets said infront of camera's and what gets said in dressing rooms is completely different, managers trot out all that shyte so as not to give the press a Phil Brown type field day.
If we brought a new manager in they would soon be on his back, as I said the attitude of our so called fans these days is give us miracles or GTFO.

In truth I think the excuses rolled out for the man are far more without substance than the proposed whiners you keep banging on about ,as for the Champions League
are you implying that a stay of absence makes you more susceptible to producing abject displays ,in which case Benitez's first season after a veritable age out of the
competition  completely refutes your case  ???

I have to say this is the first time I've found myself (albeit from Hodgson ) on this side of the fence ,and its been interesting reading the desperation that seeps through
your posts ,I mean you so want him to be accepted ,you practically yearn for us all to be singing from the same hymn sheet  ,when in truth your cries for leniency are
an exercise in futility sodden with a baseless belief that we should trust this man to inspire....Most fans base instinct is to get this pretender as far away from the club
as possible ,the mask has dropped lad ,and they now see him for what he is .

I don't mind you calling me a whiner lad ,but this 'so called fan' thing you keep dropping into your posts is becoming fucking tiresome ,and we certainly don't
want this or any other thread descending into a succession of insults  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:45 pm

Well I think Bodgers is f**king sh**e and is no better than Woy.... if the owners think I am going to tick any f**king box for the cup comps , taking my hard earned money for the pitiful return, they can going taking a f**king long leap of a short pier ....Only wish every other f**ker would send out the message we will not stand for this mediocre sh**e anymore...I think we are at the same point as a team as we were when Kenny was given the shove and that's after a massive injection of money by the owners...If only Benitez was given the same financial backing when he demanded it and not have to beg steal and borrow , we would be at a much better place than we are now....
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:48 pm

Do you think Shankly would have lost his job for finishing 2nd then backing that up with a 5th place finish and two semi final appearances?
Imo it's an absolute disgrace that any Liverpool managers job is even being discussed in those circumstances, especially given that there are 4 clubs in this division with far more resources and bigger wage bills than us.
4/5 years ago we nearly went bankrupt yet now our fans want miracles or the manager out, this is what happens when the whiners take over
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:53 pm

what a disgrace to even compare the two....clearly got your head stuck in the sand
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:03 pm

I have to pay to watch this comedian play decent players out of position , play players that don't want to play for him or LFC and then spout absolute cr@p to deflect any critique from himself.....the man is morphed into Woy but with a tan and sparkly teeth
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:34 pm

supersub » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:03 pm wrote:I have to pay to watch this comedian play decent players out of position , play players that don't want to play for him or LFC and then spout absolute cr@p to deflect any critique from himself.....the man is morphed into Woy but with a tan and sparkly teeth

So you reckon if someone else was in charge they wouldn't pick Sterling or Gerrard?
And you reckon they'd go on the telly and do a Phil Brown every time we lose?
As I said, 5 years ago we nearly went under, we were constantly finishing 7th and 8th, the last 2 seasons we have finished 2nd and (probably) 5th, it is progress, maybe not as fast as you want but it's progress all the same.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:56 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:48 pm wrote:Do you think Shankly would have lost his job for finishing 2nd then backing that up with a 5th place finish and two semi final appearances?
Imo it's an absolute disgrace that any Liverpool managers job is even being discussed in those circumstances, especially given that there are 4 clubs in this division with far more resources and bigger wage bills than us.
4/5 years ago we nearly went bankrupt yet now our fans want miracles or the manager out, this is what happens when the whiners take over

I find myself literally begging you to stop mentioning Shankly in comparison to Rodgers ,so for all those who hold the man's name with the reverence it merits
could you possibly desist in mirroring the two ,because the difference simply cannot be enumerated  :no
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:09 pm

Well our season is over. 5 place, 6th? Who gives a toss, it's not good enough and that's that.

My gut feeling is BR has taken us as far as he can. Do I want him out? No...

I think he's earned another shot, simply because of the fact he took us so close last year. I know many won't agree, but that's my take on it.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion