Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:28 pm

I think we have got a good starting XI, an XI that can compete with the top sides but unfortunately one or two injuries and/or a loss of form and we are a f**ked.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:06 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:15 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:19 am wrote:I just read a similar story elsewhere, good player. I like him anyway.  I also read that Rodgers has had assurances that his job is safe and he wants to sign experienced players to slot straight into the first team this summer.

Sounds eerily familiar ,almost like revisiting 2014

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9311100/transfer-news-liverpool-manager-brendan-rodgers-wants-quality-not-quantity

"I don't want to put a figure on how many but I would rather have one or two absolute top players than seven that might not help us,"

He bought seven that never helped us

"It's about the quality. We can't be going into the Champions League this year with doubts about players"

We stunk the competition out

"Two years ago, when I came in, I was looking to introduce new ideas but a lot of the players weren't there because of the European Championship," he said.

"That affected the start of the season. At least this summer we have the principles bedded in place and the players that come in will be the profile we want.
It should be better for us this summer"

We had a dreadful start to the season ,and the players looked lost with his supposed blueprint

It's no big secret that Rodgers doesn't see eye to eye with FSG re our transfer policy, 3 or 4 times now he has openly criticised it in public, it was only the other week he bemoaned that teams who win trophies tend to have an average age near 30 where as ours is 23/24.

And here s what he said after hendo signed.

"The Owners are committed to creating a team that can grow, improve and ultimately win together. We have seen some very important contract renewals this season and I'm confident under Ian Ayres stewardship, we will see further commitments made and more exciting talent secured and added to our squad"

Sound's like he's pretty happy with whats going to me  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:15 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:28 am wrote:I think we have got a good starting XI, an XI that can compete with the top sides but unfortunately one or two injuries and/or a loss of form and we are a f**ked.

I think our starting 11 are nowhere near as good as the top 4 sides. For me, the difference in player quality between us and the other top4 is the same as that between Southampton and ourselves. The closest side to the level we're at are Tottenham and with Gerrard gone that gap just got smaller. Regardless of how overrated many consider him to be, Sterling is one of few players who separate us from sides in the bracket below us. Lose him and fail to replace him and we'll drop even further.

How many players from our side would get into the other top4 sides ? Maybe Sturridge (@ Arsenal, when fit) & Sterling (@City), not sure about Coutinho.  You could make a case for Skrtel, but that's probably more indicative of the poor standard of CBs in the league atm. That's about it. You'd probably come out with a similar number of players looking at Tottenham and Southampton's squads.

Now try adding us to that top 4 list and do the same with any of the clubs.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:19 am

Liverpool have made an offer to sign Real Madrid's Asier Illarramendi ahead of Arsenal, according to reports.

Illarramendi is expected to quit Madrid this summer after struggling to hold down a regular place in the Real side.

Arsenal have been linked with a move, with Arsene Wenger said to be a fan, but Marca claims Liverpool have made an offer to get Illarramendi signed up.

The details are not clear but reports have previously suggested Madrid want £23million for the midfielder, who is keen on a move to the Premier League.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:24 am

Alan Pardew has insisted he will only consider allowing Yannick Bolasie to complete a transfer to a club like Liverpool if Crystal Palace receive at least £40million for the winger.

Bolasie has been linked with a move to Brendan Rodgers' side in recent days following a season in which the DR Congo international has impressed for the Eagles.

However, Pardew insists the 25-year-old will only be sold to an interested club should Palace receive a huge offer for the player this summer.

"If someone wants to give me £40m-£60m [for Bolasie], somewhere in there, that would be good. I'd take it and we'd build the team around that money," he said.

"It is about the right price for the right player and then you have to build on that.

"If a manager wants to ring me up, I'll talk to them and give them a proper price."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:08 pm

Liverpool are reportedly closing in on snapping up Manchester City midfielder James Milner this summer.

According to ESPN, the Reds are growing increasingly confident the 29-year-old will choose to join them on a free transfer instead of signing a new deal with the current Premier League champions.

The England international's contract at the Etihad Stadium expires in the summer and the club have been attempting to extend his deal for some time.

However, the Reds are confident the lure of regular first-team football will tip the scales in their favour when Milner, who joined City for £26million in 2010 from Aston Villa, makes a decision on his future.

With Steven Gerrard leaving Anfield at the end of the season, there is a space to be filled in the midfield and Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is believed to want to pair Milner with Jordan Henderson, who signed a new five-year deal earlier this week.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:15 pm

Brendan Rodgers is looking to bring Rod Fanni to Anfield on a free transfer.

The 33-year-old Marseille defender is out of contract at the end of the season, and it is understood the Ligue 1 outfit have no plans to extend his stay at Stade Velodrome.

And the Guardian are suggesting the Reds are ready to swoop and bring the France international to the Premier League.

Fanni has made 24 appearances for Marseille this season, scoring once.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:15 pm

West Ham loanee Alex Song admits he wants to remain in the Premier League.

The defensive midfielder, who is on a season-long loan from Barcelona, enjoyed a superb start to the season with the Hammers but his form has taken a nose dive since the turn of the year.

The hasn't stopped interest coming from Chelsea and Liverpool, however, with the Premier League pair reportedly lining up summer bids for his services.

And the former Arsenal man admits he would be open to committing his future in England, but will only make a decision at the end of the season.

Song is also unsure whether he has the option to remain at Upton Park on a permanent basis.

When asked whether he'd be open to remaining in the Premier League, the 27-year-old Cameroon international replied: "Yeah, I definitely want to stay here.

"I don't know (if I can sign a permanent deal at West Ham). I can't say anything now because I want to focus on the rest of the season and then we will see."

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:16 pm

Liverpool are reportedly "confident" they can convince James Milner to quit Manchester City for Anfield this summer.

The England international is out of contract at the Etihad Stadium in the summer and is yet to agree fresh terms with City, despite being offered a new deal by the club.

City manager Manuel Pellegrini has appeared upbeat on his side's chances of retaining Milner whenever quizzed on the 29-year-old but the fact the former Newcastle and Aston Villa midfielder's future remains unresolved has increased the speculation that he is planning to call time on his stay with the champions.

ESPN have now claimed that their sources say the Reds are "confident" they can tempt Milner to move to Merseyside, adding that the "offer of regular first-team football could sway Milner to leave the Etihad Stadium for Anfield".

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is keen to strengthen his midfield options in the summer due to Steven Gerrard's departure.

Milner has seen plenty of action for City this season but that may be due to the fact that other players, such as David Silva and Samir Nasri, have struggled with injuries at times, while Yaya Toure's involvement in the African Cup of Nations opened up a midfield spot during the winter.

The versatile midfielder is keen to ensure a regular starting role and it is looking likely he will be on the move when his deal at City ends - but Liverpool will face competition.

Premier League rivals Arsenal have also been credited with an interest, while Italian pair Napoli and Inter Milan are also understood to be keen, but the latest reports suggest Liverpool are winning the battle for his signature.

Source: ClubCall
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:25 am

There are several rumours about LFC's interest in Memphis Depay, now, why on earth would LFC be interested when the club already has the likes of Ibe, RS, Ojo, Kent, Wilson, Marko. BR might have plans to play him out of position / sell RS :eyebrow

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby C-R » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:15 pm

Memphis Depay flew in by private jet for secret talks with Liverpool this week.

The Dutch superstar made the trip on Thursday when he jetted to Manchester airport with his advisors Kees Ploegsma and Kees Vos from top agency SEG International.

Depay's arrival airport sparked speculation he was ready to open talks with Manchester United.

The Mirror can reveal that it was Anfield officials - including MD Ian Ayre - he met in a hotel close to the airport, after the Reds were given permission by PSV Eindhoven to talk to the Holland international.

Sources in Eindhoven have revealed the 21 year old was hugely impressed not only by Liverpool's determination in pursuing him for more than a year, but also in the vision they presented.

They have been told by PSV that the fee for the player who starred at the 2014 World Cup will be around £20 million.

The Reds are ready to splash that sort of fee to ensure they bring in some top talent after manager Brendan Rodgers warned this week he needs some established stars to go straight into his first team, after a season of struggle.

Depay fits the bill. Even though he is still a young talent, he is regarded as one of the most promising players in Europe after becoming one of the emerging stars at the World Cup alongside the likes of Paul Pogba and James Rodriguez.

And he also has the goalscoring threat Rodgers is desperate to bring into his squad. Depay has scored 21 goals this season, and is on course to lift the Dutch golden boot award that was previously won by Luis Suarez and Ruud van Nistelrooy.

United have been strongly linked with the winger, but even though Old Trafford boss Louis van Gaal managed the forward at the World Cup, the Manchester club have not been given permission to speak to the player, after merely asking to be kept informed of the situation.

Van Gaal insisted on Friday he can't sign every talented player he has coached, which suggests the Old Trafford club are considering other targets in different areas in the summer, with the Dutch manager already well staffed in the wide positions where Depay usually plays.

Wealthy Paris Saint Germain have also been given permission to speak to the Holland star, but we understand he has been urged by his former international team mate Dirk Kuyt to join Liverpool.

Source: Daily Mirror
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:57 am

Liverpool have jumped to the head of the queue to sign PSV Eindhoven's Holland winger Memphis Depay.

Depay flew to the North West last week to speak to Anfield officials who have agreed a £20 million fee with the newly crowned Dutch champions.

It's understood that he was impressed with Liverpool's ambitions and the fact that he is clearly wanted on Anfield.

The 21-year-old has also had talks with Paris Saint-Germain who have promised to outbid any other club and offer the biggest wages to the World Cup player.But the forward would prefer to play in the Premier League.

It was felt that Depay was nailed on for a move to Manchester United - a transfer first revealed by Sunday Express Sport on January 24.

Although Old Trafford boss Louis Van Gaal does still hold a big interest the player's advisors have been told that right now he is not on the club's signings priority list.

Ahead of Depay, a player Van Gaal managed in the World Cup finals last year, is the name of Real Madrid's Gareth Bale.

Despite constant talk that the former Spurs man is not for sale, United believe they have a chance of landing the Wales flyer.

If that hits a brick wall then Depay will be back in favour at United - providing Liverpool haven't completed the deal by then.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Brendan Rodgers has resurrected his interest in bringing target Kyriakos Papadopoulos to Liverpool.

The Greek defender has been on Rodgers' radar for a couple of seasons but the time is now right for the Reds boss to strike.

Papadopoulos, 23, has been on loan at Bayer Leverkusen this season as he continues his rehabilitation following a lengthy lay-off with a knee injury.

He has been loaned out by Schalke but has no intention of returning to the club and is seeking pastures new.

Rodgers has scouted the Greece international extensively during the past few seasons and he is now out of contract.

The player's agents have been in touch with Liverpool this week to see whether Rodgers maintains his interest.

And with the Merseysiders failing so far to sort out their issues at the back, a high-quality addition on a Bosman is just what the club's boss needs this summer.

Source: Daily Mirror
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Dirk Kuyt has urged Memphis Depay to snub Manchester United and sign for Liverpool this summer.

The Reds are interested in the £20million rated PSV Eindhoven attacker but Anfield officials fear he will make the switch to Old Trafford instead because of the availability of Champions League football.

Depay's agent has fuelled those fears by posting a photo on social media of United's training complex.

However, former Kop favourite Kuyt wants the exciting Dutch international, who played under Louis van Gaal at last year's World Cup, to follow in his footsteps and head for Anfield.

"I look through red glasses because I played six years for Liverpool," Kuyt said.

"Only when Memphis does that will be realise just how big Liverpool are.

"Of course it would be an advantage at Manchester United because he knows the manager.

"On the other hand it is important at his age that he plays every week. That's the only way he can develop."

Depay has scored 21 goals this season, and is on course to lift the Dutch golden boot.

Source: Liverpool Echo
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:31 pm

cardiff-red » Apr 26th, '15, 09:57 wrote:Dirk Kuyt has urged Memphis Depay to snub Manchester United and sign for Liverpool this summer.

The Reds are interested in the £20million rated PSV Eindhoven attacker but Anfield officials fear he will make the switch to Old Trafford instead because of the availability of Champions League football.

Depay's agent has fuelled those fears by posting a photo on social media of United's training complex.

However, former Kop favourite Kuyt wants the exciting Dutch international, who played under Louis van Gaal at last year's World Cup, to follow in his footsteps and head for Anfield.

"I look through red glasses because I played six years for Liverpool," Kuyt said

"Only when Memphis does that will be realise just how big Liverpool are.

"Of course it would be an advantage at Manchester United because he knows the manager.

"On the other hand it is important at his age that he plays every week. That's the only way he can develop."

Depay has scored 21 goals this season, and is on course to lift the Dutch golden boot.

Source: Liverpool Echo

Bolo Zenden has also said similar to him. PSG are also interested in Depay.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill