STEVEN GERRARD - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:47 pm

aCe' » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:01 pm wrote:
only me » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:02 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:59 am wrote:Sad end to his career. By all accounts (I missed the match) he was woeful yesterday. However, I think he'll be remembered for the good times more than any, especially that goal against Olympiacos  :nod

Not his fault ,was set to fail by BR.

I agree  :blues:

I agree
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:35 pm

Crying shame that some people will remember an incredible footballer as a struggling failure in a Wembley semi final. BR should be utterly asshamed of his stupid decision not to take Gerrard off when it was abundantly obvious to everybody that he was playing at about ten percent of his very best and that was well before half time. I can just about understand why he started him but only just !! Heart before head and all that ?? Managers have to make tough decisons and BR failed on so many levels. PITIFUL MANAGEMENT !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby andy c legs » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:25 pm

The team collectively could have given so much more yesterday, if not for themselves, or the fans than for their skipper, Stevie G. Everyone knew what it would have meant for him to play in the cup final but yet, yet again, the team bottled it.

Fortunately Stevie G's fab memories will far out-weigh his bad ones. He is a club legend and will always be one...
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:51 am

Take your emotion out of the equation for a moment and you couldnt possibly say that Gerrard played well on Sunday? Why is it all the managers fault? I dont think he should have played, but plenty of fans were boosted by his inclusion and some even demanded that he start because of who he is and what hes done in the past.
I have mixed feelings for him now because of the whole way he and the club have handled his departure. His "tackle" at Man u was a mortal blow to us and his performance in the semi was detrimental as well.
Hes a living legend, no doubt, but hes no saint...
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:27 am

Rodgers plays him because he wants to  :nod Next season he will be constantly be banging on about what a player we lost and how hard it will be to replace him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:36 am

red till i die!! » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:27 am wrote:Rodgers plays him because he wants to  :nod Next season he will be constantly be banging on about what a player we lost and how hard it will be to replace him.

'This is a period of transition. We lost our club captain this year and last year we lost Suarez so it's never easy when you look at it but we've showed a desire and commitment to the cause by rallying around and working hard to emulate that on the pitch. And speaking of the pitch, let's not forget we sacked the groundsman and hired a new one, so there's transition there too and lots of the lads will need to get used to the surface, but listen, it's a good pitch and these are a good bunch of lads etc'
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:43 am

RedAnt » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:36 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:27 am wrote:Rodgers plays him because he wants to  :nod Next season he will be constantly be banging on about what a player we lost and how hard it will be to replace him.

'This is a period of transition. We lost our club captain this year and last year we lost Suarez so it's never easy when you look at it but we've showed a desire and commitment to the cause by rallying around and working hard to emulate that on the pitch. And speaking of the pitch, let's not forget we sacked the groundsman and hired a new one, so there's transition there too and lots of the lads will need to get used to the surface, but listen, it's a good pitch and these are a good bunch of lads etc'

But the pitch won't be really ready for us to get going on till the season after, It will take that long for the surface to marry together to compliment the style of football we are trying to introduce  :laugh: You need that type of quality surface to enhance what it is we are trying to get our players to do  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:11 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:43 am wrote:
RedAnt » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:36 am wrote:

But the pitch won't be really ready for us to get going on till the season after, It will take that long for the surface to marry together to compliment the style of football we are trying to introduce  :laugh: You need that type of quality surface to enhance what it is we are trying to get our players to do  :laugh:

It's the five year plan. Laying the foundations of tomorrow's excuses today :D

But seriously, some people say that 'this isn't FIFA or Football Manager' but sometimes it's like BR is playing a game. I know there's pressure from the press and supporters to give Gerrard his fairy tale end, and it's very sad to see Gerrard leave on somewhat soured terms and without a league winners medal, but surely the club is bigger, and selecting Gerrard to start the match under the circumstances was more suited to a Hollywood movie than real life football with so much at stake.
RedAnt

Postby supersub » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:14 pm

RedAnt » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:36 am wrote:

I think the canteen staff were replaced as well
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby RedAnt » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:37 pm

supersub » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:14 am wrote:
RedAnt » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:36 am wrote:

I think the canteen staff were replaced as well

With Hendo's energy and potential salary, he can make the tea.
RedAnt

Postby andy c legs » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:32 pm

I think Hendo, with his natural running stamina will be able to not only make the tea but also serve it to everyone on an individual basis, in his natural manner, without Stevie G in the background, stunting his natural serving.! :eyebrow
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:19 am

So Rodgers said we're in transition. We've been in transition since 1990!!!
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Santa » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:39 am

Football managers have to be ruthless, even if he needs to make unpopular decisive decisions. They need to have the win at all cost mentality, the likes of Maurinho, ole red nose, and Shanks and Bob before them. These are the traits that's seriously lacking with Brendan at the moment...he's more interested to seek approval, make popular (if ultimately wrong) decisions and easily get caught up in his own hype train. A weak weak manager, both in personal traits as well as tactical nous to mingle with the big boys...oh but he can write a 180 page dossier so he must be good then huh?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:46 am

Let's not forget, ultimately we needed to win the FA Cup not only to give Stevie a winning send off but to save Brendan's own chair...he made the wrong tactical selection and now everyone comes out a loser. Why does anyone think he deserves more time when it is clear that we are only going to see and hear the same excuses?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun May 03, 2015 8:28 am

P'iss poor penalty but just about redeemed himself with the goal.
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion