MARTIN SKRTEL - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby C-R » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:07 pm

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/ma ... ol-9089732

Martin Skrtel: I won't leave Liverpool FC

Skrtel could become the second star to commit his future to the Reds after Jordan Henderson agreed a new five-year contract

Martin Skrtel looks set to be the second influential Liverpool star to commit his future to the Reds this summer.

The centre-back, 30, has been linked with moves to Wolfsburg and Napoli as his current contract expires next summer.

But Skrtel has categorically put the rumours to bed by declaring: “I am not leaving anywhere. Not to Wolfsburg nor to Naples.”

Skrtel’s agent, Karol Csonto, also confirmed there had been no contact from the Wolfsburg.

He said: “The only offer which is lying on Martin Skrtel’s table right now is the extension of his contract from Liverpool.

“We have been working on the details, and we will be finalising it soon.

“It is not true that he has some offer from the German club. I don’t know anything even about their interest.”

Skrtel’s comments will come as a double boost to the Reds - as Jordan Henderson is poised to sign a new five-year contract worth £100,000 a week.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy c legs » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:04 pm

Really glad that Skrtel will soon be signing a new contract. He is the best central defender we've got. I still don't trust Sakho and Can is not a central defender and Illori has gone off the radar. I wish Flano was able to play there, he's our best defender by far and a future Liverpool captain in my eyes..
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Wed May 06, 2015 12:09 pm

He has been offered a new deal, but who knows why, he is awful. Skrtel and LFC are struggling to come to an agreement due to a number of clauses and add ons.

Some of this is in the Echo, from what i've ben told, The Echo just get briefed now, rather than the journo's actually doing the research for a full story. Looks like someone at the club??? is 'trying' to put pressure on Skrtel to sign on the dotted line with this story.  Hopefully he will be moved on (but BR loves him). Need Lovren and Sakho to strike up a partnership.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 06, 2015 12:52 pm

Kash_Mountain » Wed May 06, 2015 12:09 pm wrote:He has been offered a new deal, but who knows why, he is awful. Skrtel and LFC are struggling to come to an agreement due to a number of clauses and add ons.

Some of this is in the Echo, from what i've ben told, The Echo just get briefed now, rather than the journo's actually doing the research for a full story. Looks like someone at the club??? is 'trying' to put pressure on Skrtel to sign on the dotted line with this story.  Hopefully he will be moved on (but BR loves him). Need Lovren and Sakho to strike up a partnership.

apparently in order to get his full salary he will have to play in X amount of games  :help What kind of shyte is this ? 

whether you rate him or not is a different thing but the thoughts of sakho and lovren being our anchor fills me with dread. If I was martin I would give ayre the finger and sit out the last year for the big payday.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Why would they be doing this? I'd understand if we offered something like this to someone who gets injured often for example, but Skrtel is almost never injured.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a way to get rid of him, that's just too low and makes us look stupid. I'm not Skrtel's biggest fan but he's not a bad defender, all things considered. But damn, if you don't like him just move him on, there's no need for these ridiculous games.

I hope it's all just some journo ***** and he signs the contract soon.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu May 07, 2015 12:40 am

damjan193 » Wed May 06, 2015 3:38 pm wrote:Why would they be doing this? I'd understand if we offered something like this to someone who gets injured often for example, but Skrtel is almost never injured.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a way to get rid of him, that's just too low and makes us look stupid. I'm not Skrtel's biggest fan but he's not a bad defender, all things considered. But damn, if you don't like him just move him on, there's no need for these ridiculous games.

Agree I have never been his biggest fan, but the reality is that he is our best defender at the moment and the club shouldn't be doing this.

Big Skittles has always given it his all despite lacking quality sometimes.

He has hardly been injured so I don't understand why there would be a games played clause when it obvious we have more than enough CBs that could potentially play there and jeopordise him being paid his full salary (on games played).

If true, this has all the hallmarks of some yank bs that works in baseball but looks fairly stupid on paper for a football contract.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 07, 2015 6:01 am

Been our best defender this season has Martin.

Can't believe the club are f*cking him around, no wonder we struggle to sign new players, we struggle to re-sign our own.  :down:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 07, 2015 2:13 pm

eds » Thu May 07, 2015 12:40 am wrote:
damjan193 » Wed May 06, 2015 3:38 pm wrote:Why would they be doing this? I'd understand if we offered something like this to someone who gets injured often for example, but Skrtel is almost never injured.

Agree I have never been his biggest fan, but the reality is that he is our best defender at the moment and the club shouldn't be doing this.

Big Skittles has always given it his all despite lacking quality sometimes.

He has hardly been injured so I don't understand why there would be a games played clause when it obvious we have more than enough CBs that could potentially play there and jeopordise him being paid his full salary (on games played).

If true, this has all the hallmarks of some yank bs that works in baseball but looks fairly stupid on paper for a football contract.  :no

Its that muppet Ayre. He is the one who handles all of this and god only knows what he is trying to achieve by offering him a deal like that.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:38 am

Seems Skrtel is not at all happy with the new contract he has been offered

He has done a full interview in Slovakia, you can read it in Slovakian here http://aktualne.atlas.sk/martin-skrtel- ... ampaign=hp

A couple of things he did say were...

Skrtel on new contract: "I think these types of contract are offered to players, who are older than me, or players who had injury problems."

Skrtel: "I don't feel old enough to sign that type of contract. I don't have any health problems. That contract is unacceptable."

I know Skrtel is not everybody's favourite on here, but he is pretty solid and one of our better performers, i don't think he should be getting treated like this, especially when the club seems happy to reportedly offer 150k a week to Milner
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:24 am

If this is true then its a disgrace how they are treating him and its nothing more than them doing their best to force him out the door.
If I was him I would sit out the last year and walk for nothing  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:58 am

red till i die!! » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:24 am wrote:If this is true then its a disgrace how they are treating him and its nothing more than them doing their best to force him out the door.

Do you know how much he was offered? i wouldn't give him more then 50k a week. He was our best defender in an overall terrible defense so i don't give a fck he is angry. Martin is an average defender ,he only found a place in our starting lineup cause we managed to bring worse player then he is. He should have been replace 5 years ago...But her so should have Lucas and Johnson. I won't miss him.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:20 am

only me » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:58 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:24 am wrote:If this is true then its a disgrace how they are treating him and its nothing more than them doing their best to force him out the door.

Do you know how much he was offered? i wouldn't give him more then 50k a week. He was our best defender in an overall terrible defense so i don't give a fck he is angry. Martin is an average defender ,he only found a place in our starting lineup cause we managed to bring worse player then he is. He should have been replace 5 years ago...But her so should have Lucas and Johnson. I won't miss him.

The same deal he was on but has got to play in 80% of our games to get it. Its an insult to the lad.

Fair enough you don't rate him and would gladly show him the door but he won't be replaced and that will leave us with lovren and sakho as a pairing  :help
That's much better isn't it ?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:23 am

red till i die!! » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:20 am wrote:
only me » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:58 am wrote:

The same deal he was on but has got to play in 80% of our games to get it. Its an insult to the lad.

Fair enough you don't rate him and would gladly show him the door but he won't be replaced and that will leave us with lovren and sakho as a pairing  :help
That's much better isn't it ?

no it's not better it's worse i agree ,it doesn't mean we need to upgrade Martin's contract. I would cut all our CB's leave Just Sakho and go find a real one instead...PRoblem it's the same idiots which brought us the existing ones...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Soupyzrx » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:40 am

Kenny Kan » Thu May 07, 2015 5:01 am wrote:Been our best defender this season has Martin.

Can't believe the club are f*cking him around, no wonder we struggle to sign new players, we struggle to re-sign our own.  :down:

Yeah, and what prospective player is going to want to sign for a team that dicks its own long-standing players around like this?
Once again, we are airing our dirty laundry in public.
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:58 am

I don't rate Skrtel and can't believe he's now bitching to the press about his contract.

He's average personified and a shining example of why our defensive is cr@p, with poor positing and no ability in the air. I'm surprised he doesn't give away a penalty on every corner because he wrestles people to the ground, simply because he can't head the ball.

I'd clear out the defence and let him and Lovren go this summer and sign a CB with PACE to partner Sakho. Our defensive is hoplessly slow and we need a young, commander CB to fill the void.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion