LOSING THE FAITH

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:27 am

Reg » Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:39 am wrote:'but you choose to take the easy way out, like our friend Reginald and so many others on this forum by blaming scapegoats like Rodgers and the transfer committee.'

I see your weekend has started early Eds. Metalhead and I have defended both the owners and the manager throughout, only questioning our transfer policy after lying down to Man Utd and Arsenal whereas you have let loose with both barrels at every opportunity over the weeks and months being being as rude as possible to any poster who disagrees with your tirades of pain. You insult everyone who has different views to yourself.

Anyway good weekend, await the next episode.

Funny I thought my post above apologised to Metalhead and tried to keep the football debate happening with my long winded response to him.

Hmmm, not so one dimensional like you are painting me out to be.

Reg, you need a hug as well?   :laugh:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby metalhead » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:00 pm

I'm not taking anything too personally, I'm here to debate and put across my opinion, not engage in a personal slagging match. Maybe we do have different outlooks on life, but I don't poke fun at people calling them less ''clever'' because they voiced their opinion as I don't know most of the posters on here personally.   If you disagree with me on various points, then fair enough, and if you think that my opinion is b*llox then also again fair enough it's your opinion. I've posted several data on how we have improved under FSG, and I've been also trying to tell you that under FSG's model we are better off, especially that they have shown commitment in expanding the stadium, so I'm optimistic that in the years to come we will be better, hopefully fighting for trophies again.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:32 am

metalhead » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:00 pm wrote:I'm not taking anything too personally, I'm here to debate and put across my opinion, not engage in a personal slagging match. Maybe we do have different outlooks on life, but I don't poke fun at people calling them less ''clever'' because they voiced their opinion as I don't know most of the posters on here personally.   If you disagree with me on various points, then fair enough, and if you think that my opinion is b*llox then also again fair enough it's your opinion. I've posted several data on how we have improved under FSG, and I've been also trying to tell you that under FSG's model we are better off, especially that they have shown commitment in expanding the stadium, so I'm optimistic that in the years to come we will be better, hopefully fighting for trophies again.

And that's fair enough mate, unlike some individuals on here who just post ramblings about conspiracies, royalty references and the odd grandpa joke because their myopic little view of the world is challenged on a daily basis, I can see you have made an actual attempt to back up everything you have said. Appreciate it.

I believe I have refuted all of your points and nothing you have really stated or presented has changed my mind. Same thing goes with everything I have posted, I don't think your mind has changed either. The reality is that we will most likely finish 5th this season unless City completely implode. The reality is that Brendan will keep making the same mistakes after being at the helm for a number of years now. The reality is that we will still continue to make fundamental mistakes when it comes to player transfers. The top 4 will continue spending BIG when it comes to single player acquisitions while we will continue our obsession with youth and keep buying stop gaps. The last point all because our owners want the club to be run in a certain way.

That's great that your optimistic about the owner's "model" and the stadium expansion, on the field though I don't really understand what there is really to be optimistic about. Sterling and Henderson have stalled on their contract talks, both could be sold in the not too distant future. Our squads are nowhere near the quality of the top 4 sides. And I don't think we will be spending too much after last season's transfer disasters City will be spending a s**tload next season to revamp their squad. Chelsea will continue to strengthen under Maureen. Arsenal and United will also continue to strengthen. I'm sorry mate the words "hopefully", "years" and "trophies" should never be in the same sentence. Otherwise it just reflects how mediocre we have become and what we are willing to settle for.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby Dundreamin is back » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:49 am

ED,s enjoyed reading that last post of yours. Sadly it's the truth we need to get used to the idea that despite our glorious history, which means nothing in the modern game. We are just a average Premiership side nowadays and I get no pleasure whatsoever saying this
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RedAnt » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:23 am

Dundreamin is back » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:49 am wrote:ED,s enjoyed reading that last post of yours. Sadly it's the truth we need to get used to the idea that despite our glorious history, which means nothing in the modern game. We are just a average Premiership side nowadays and I get no pleasure whatsoever saying this

Sad, but true. When you look back at the players and managers that have graced us over the years, to see Brendan Rodgers, former manager of Brentford, Swansea and whoever else hammering out 100k deals for the likes of the very average Jordan Henderson and the very overrated Raheem Sterling "average" is a perfect word.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby devaney » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:28 am

Should posters that have never had any faith be allowed to post on this thread. THE CLUE IS IN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD  :laugh: Just a mischievous little thought  :laugh:

Personally I think everything is fkg wonderful  :eyebrow
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:31 pm

Watching this dross as Villa begin to embarrass us. My faith is almost gone. If we go out I think after 54 years my faith will end. There is no spirit, no fight, apart from Gerrard and Coutiniho they are all overrated. We are a laughing stock and I simply cannot defend this dross. And if anyone thinks I am going OTT. You really are deluded. You cannot defend the indefensible. What a sad day this is. Twelve months ago I thought we would win the Prem. So I was deluded believing that
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:19 pm

Tonight was yet another example of terrible game management from Rodgers and I think this pretty much guarantees that this will go down as an unacceptable season any way you look at it (league, CL, Europa, cups, transfers). The board have a decision to make in the summer.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:23 pm

Being defending Rodgers all along but even I've had enough now.
The signings are either flops and / or haven't settled.
We are mentally weak when it really matters.
We still don't have a style of play.

Don't think he can complain if his P45 arrives.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:16 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:59 pm

Contrary to popular belief, i don't think our summer signings are that bad. It's the formation and tactics.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:17 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:59 pm wrote:Contrary to popular belief, i don't think our summer signings are that bad. It's the formation and tactics.

^ I agree...guys such as Lallana & Can are not so bad and Markovic & Lovren should be able to show more of their quality come next season. I mean Lallana & Lovren don't just come from being their former club's Player of the Year to be utter shite within 12 months...the share a common problem being in a new club, play a new system and having the same manager who just don't have much clue in getting the best out of them
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:13 am

jacdaniel » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:23 am wrote:Being defending Rodgers all along but even I've had enough now.
The signings are either flops and / or haven't settled.
We are mentally weak when it really matters.
We still don't have a style of play.

Don't think he can complain if his P45 arrives.

Another season fizzles out into nothing. No highlights, just another tale of a poor start a good run after christmas then finish with a wet fart.

We've been mentally weak for many years. We have to address that... no good just having flashy players, we need leadership and aggression when the going gets tough. We desperately need a proper leader and Hendo is NOT that man, he's mediocre in every department. We need a Roy Keane, Souness, Kenny style of character to enforce our dominance onto the opposition.

Until we do, we'll keep continue to drift and massively disappoint the dwindling fan base.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:18 am

Guys, calm the f**k down.

Where is all this pessimism coming from?

We have one of the best young managers in the world........
We have a squad full of "tomorrow's superstars".........
We have the best business and commerically saavy owners in the world..........
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY
We have turned a profit for the first time in 7 years.........

And profit is all that really matters right?

The trophies will surely come in the "not too distant future" :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

eds

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:27 am

'morning Twisted.

You confuse running the club properly and the manager's ability to produce results. What a surprise.   :bowdown
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion