Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:14 pm

Liverpool are understood to be expressing an interest in Sevilla hitman Carlos Bacca, who has also been scouted by Tottenham.

The Reds have been heavily linked with a number of front men over the course of the campaign but it appears that Bacca is now top of that list.

Bacca was linked with Spurs in January, although the north London club never made a formal approach, and Liverpool may look to capitalise on that at the end of the term.

Spurs were quoted £18million for the Colombia international and the Merseyside outfit may need to offload before they can approach the La Liga club, according to the Metro.

Source: ClubCall
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:50 am

Liverpool could be in the driving sea to secure Javier Pastore's signature over the summer, after reports in France suggested he will not be offered a new deal by Paris Saint-Germain.

The Argentine international's current contract runs until next summer, but if PSG are unwilling to hand him and extension, they could look to cash in during the forthcoming transfer window.

Liverpool have been linked with the 25-year-old for some time, despite Pastore insisting he wants to remain with the French champions.

But according to reports across the Channel, his days with Laurent Blanc's side could be numbered - leaving Liverpool in a strong position if they decide to move for Pastore.

The midfielder joined PSG from Palermo in 2011 for £30m, but could be available on a cut-price deal over the summer.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:44 pm

Alan Pardew has slapped a £20 million price-tag on in-form Liverpool target Yannick Bolasie.

The winger, 25, has emerged as one of the stars of Crystal Palace's revival during the second half of the season - and scored a stunning hat-trick at Sunderland last week.

But Pardew insists the DR Congo international will not be allowed to leave on the cheap.

The manager said: "Someone put a £10m price on Bolasie. Blimey. It needs to be more than double that to get near him.

"We are in a great financial position. I am not getting carried away with where we are but we are doing very well in the Premier League.

"I have managed for many years and this team has many attributes."

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:10 pm

Liverpool have reportedly made an £18million bid to sign Juan Iturbe from Roma.

The Reds, who are gearing up for a summer spending spree, have been linked with Iturbe for years and have now finally made a move.

According to reports, an £18million bid has gone in and Liverpool are hopeful of doing business.

Arsenal have also been linked with the Argentine but despite talk of a £22million offer, they are yet to enter the race.

Iturbe is rated as one of the most exciting players in Europe.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:53 pm

I think one thing is for certain and that is we need to sign some big name players this summer.
This moneyball malarkey just doesn't work in football as Sterling and to a lesser extent Henderson have recently shown.
Once players start to build themselves a bit of reputation within the game it all goes to their heads.
A team that bases its transfer strategy around moneyball theory will always be rebuilding.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:10 am

Liverpool are still hopeful of winning the race for Memphis Depay.

Reports from Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf oblige, who are regarded as a reliable source to other football media around Europe, claim Liverpool and Paris Saint-Germain have been given permission by PSV to start discussing personal terms with Depay over a transfer.

Both clubs are apparently aware of what PSV's requirements are and once Depay picks his destination, a deal can be closed quickly.

PSV giving permission to both Liverpool and PSG to start personal terms talks could be to pressure Manchester United to put in a big bid.

United are reported to be interested in bringing Depay to Old Trafford, but this latest development could put Liverpool in pole position to land the Dutch winger who is regarded as one of Europe's hottest prospects.

Liverpool's defeat from Aston Villa just highlighted the fact that Liverpool need to recruit more talent to improve the squad - and Depay would be a great addition.

He is a player that would suit manager Brendan Rodgers style of play pefectly and this latest transfer development might just brighten up this dull Monday for Liverpool supporters.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:10 am

Radamel Falcao's agent is holding talks with Liverpool as he closes in on deal to join the Anfield club.

Falcao, who is set to return to Monaco this summer when his Manchester United loan expires, is keen on staying in England.

Liverpool have been linked with a move to sign him, and after reports emerged that the move was on the cards, Falcao'sagent is now holding negotiations with the Reds.

It's thought that Liverpool will pay £25.1million to sign the Colombian.

Falcao will need to improve on his scoring record in the Premier League though, managing just four goals in 23 matches this term.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:38 am

Radamel Falcao's agent is reportedly in talks with Liverpool ahead of a potential summer switch from Monaco.

The striker is currently on loan at Manchester United, but has failed to make an impression after scoring just four goals in 23 appearances.

Louis van Gaal has the option to make Falcao's stay permanent, but reports in Spain claim that the Dutchman has informed Monaco that the Colombian will be returning to France at the end of the season.

Falcao has been linked with moves to Chelsea and Liverpool recently, and his agent Jorge Mendes is said to have made contact with the latter in order to seal a new destination for the ex-Porto and Atletico Madrid icon.

Mendes is apparently trying to persuade Brendan Rodgers to sign Falcao on a full-time contract.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:35 pm

only me » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:53 pm wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:34 pm wrote:So, Klopp to leave BD at the end of the season. Imo, FSG must try to get him in.  He has confirmed/admitted his admiration for LFC, both publicly and privately. FSG would be crazy not to give this a go - get him in

agreed would be crazy not trying to put our hands on him. he is brilliant.

...until he hits a bad patch and then you'll put your size 11 steel toe caps on and lead the line of people kicking the poor b@stard while he's down, like you always do.  :no
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:43 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:35 am wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:34 pm wrote:So, Klopp to leave BD at the end of the season. Imo, FSG must try to get him in.  He has confirmed/admitted his admiration for LFC, both publicly and privately. FSG would be crazy not to give this a go - get him in

...until he hits a bad patch and then you'll put your size 11 steel toe caps on and lead the line of people kicking the poor b@stard while he's down, like you always do.  :no

If he signs Glen to 3 more years and have Aspas lead our attack then i guess you are right ,stick to match opener threads you thrive only their...
only me
LFC Super Member

If he signs Glen to 3 more years and have Aspas lead our attack then i guess you are right ,stick to match opener threads you thrive only their...
only me
LFC Super Member

only me
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:04 pm

ok I will, leave all the kicking of the team and stabbing the manager to you .
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:57 pm

FIGHT. FIGHT. FIGHT !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:41 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:04 pm wrote:ok I will, leave all the kicking of the team and stabbing the manager to you .

Apparently a lot seem to join my sentiments as of late so maybe I'm not talking rubbish as you suggest. ..you on the hand just troll my posts not offering a bit of little insight if your own. ..boring stuff mate
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill