Aston Villa V Liverpool - FA cup Semi Final Sun 19/04/15 3PM

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:26 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:11 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:02 pm wrote:Perhaps we can now finally dispense with this myth Rodgers is the man to take us forward ,I mean if that display seeped in ineptitude didn't show the fella's
failings in a tactical sense then I'm at a fucking loss ....Soulless ,lifeless and devoid of the innovativeness and fresh ideas we keep hearing (mostly self
praising ) the manager is overflowing with. Outfought outmanoeuvred by Tim Sherwood and a decimated Villa side ,and we started with  three strikers on the
bench ,Lovrens injury time shot mirrors where the managers head is currently at ,impractical in the clouds and wayward.

Not a winner ,and never will be.

Every manager in our history has had games and results like that mate, in our glory years though performances like that usually signalled a squad clear out.

Cmon Yakka ,enough ! Even driftwood returns to the shore at some point.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:26 pm

Not surprised by the result or performance as we have been poor for weeks.

No strikers along with a group of bang average players purchased at considerable expense.

Tactically we where even wrong changing it 3 or 4 times within an hours football, Rodgers now out of ideas.

I think we all know the likely outcome and thats Rodgers being moved out and we start over.

No way FSG will fund him for a rebuild after the summer business, not a chance in hell.

Transfer committee or not Rodgers will carry the can, nice guy and his team last year was terrific but we have to keep trying to push on and cannot accept second best.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:28 pm

parchpea » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:26 pm wrote:Not surprised by the result or performance as we have been poor for weeks.

No strikers along with a group of bang average players purchased at considerable expense.

Tactically we where even wrong changing it 3 or 4 times within an hours football, Rodgers now out of ideas.

I think we all know the likely outcome and thats Rodgers being moved out and we start over.

No way FSG will fund him for a rebuild after the summer business, not a chance in hell.

Transfer committee or not Rodgers will carry the can, nice guy and his team last year was terrific but we have to keep trying to push on and cannot accept second best.

I think you will find we're some way off second best fella
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:31 pm

lakes10 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:45 pm wrote:think its safe to say we cant play when Gerrard  is in the team, we have moved on from him.

Rubbish. He'll always get highlighted because people expect him to perform the way he did in 2008. He didnt play well against Villa but was he any worse than the likes of Henderson, Sterling, Moreno and Markovic ?

The system didnt work and having Gerrard start the game in that position takes away from the main thing he can contribute and thats his long passing.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:31 pm

If you think changing the manager is going to achieve anything then your deluded.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:34 pm

aCe' » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:31 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:45 pm wrote:think its safe to say we cant play when Gerrard  is in the team, we have moved on from him.

Rubbish. He'll always get highlighted because people expect him to perform the way he did in 2008. He didnt play well against Villa but was he any worse than the likes of Henderson, Sterling, Moreno and Markovic ?

The system didnt work and having Gerrard start the game in that position takes away from the main thing he can contribute and thats his long passing.

He's been a liability all season and he was again today.
He's been phenominal for this club over the years but at 35 he is a pale shadow of the player he once was.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:52 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:34 pm wrote:They were on us from the first whistle and we couldn't deal with it. They stopped us playing from the back and closed the spaces very well. We had no answer other than to kick it into space and hope someone with pace gets on the end of it and that is why we had so many offsides. Our tactics are just too obvious and easy to combat.

Even at that we held off some pressure early on and managed to get ourselves in front only for us to than try and close up by putting extra bodies back and the result was that no one looked liked they had a clue.
Whats most troublesome is that again we faced another high pressure must win game and we blew it. We were poor  :nod Where was the motivation to make a final ? That villa side was fired up and we just turned up.

It was really poor just like our whole season  :down:

Agreed, every time our midfield tried to knock the ball around and string a few passes together Villa's aggressive pressing forced us backwards, most of our passing moves ended up at the feet of Mingolet.
We really need to bring in a couple of top notch CM's in during the summer, players who can recieve the ball in traffic yet still find a forward pass.

We just have far too many players who are not good enough. We are far too weak physically, mentally and tactically  :nod  It shows every time we face a must win game. All any side has to do is be somewhat tactically aware and willing to put a foot in and they have a good chance of beating us.

Far too many players needed to correct it and I wouldn't trust the manager or that set up to do it either.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:38 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:02 pm wrote:Perhaps we can now finally dispense with this myth Rodgers is the man to take us forward ,I mean if that display seeped in ineptitude didn't show the fella's
failings in a tactical sense then I'm at a fucking loss ....Soulless ,lifeless and devoid of the innovativeness and fresh ideas we keep hearing (mostly self
praising ) the manager is overflowing with. Outfought outmanoeuvred by Tim Sherwood and a decimated Villa side ,and we started with  three strikers on the
bench ,Lovrens injury time shot mirrors where the managers head is currently at ,impractical in the clouds and wayward.

Not a winner ,and never will be.

Totally agree  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:40 pm

aCe' » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:31 pm wrote:

Not saying saying he is a ***** player mate, he has been out of the team so much we have built a team that works well with him not in it, when he is put back into the team things just don't gel right......but today he was very poor and the Man U game is best not even to talk about, he is still one of the best players the club has ever had.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:41 pm

The club is structured so that it can move managers on with minimal impact, most clubs are, we are no different.

Most of our recruitment is done by committee which is very similair to a director of football in that the manager doesnt control purchases.

Rodgers can be moved on with the owners hoping a fresh face can get a tune out of this group rather than embarking on wholesale and expensive changes to the playing staff.

Rodgers will be lucky to survive now.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:21 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:31 pm wrote:If you think changing the manager is going to achieve anything then your deluded.

I think it would be safe to say tonight's game is quite possibly one of our most important game of the season, and for such an important game and your team just don't turn up, then the manager will have to carry the can.

Tactically we were second bast all day...if a manager cannot fire his team up for such a game, then the common wisdom is the man in charge is losing it. Changing the manager now don't guarantee instant success but neither can we afford another couple of under performing campaigns before considering any changes.

Stop viewing this with a rose tinted glasses...if the owners and the suits are worth their salt, then they will have to preempt the situation and take the necessary action -- that's the hallmark of a decisive leadership. Of course, we could take the same action after having been left out of Champions League for the next 2~3 years and losing hundred of millions along the way...will that be more desirable?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:27 pm

"Sometimes you can want to win too much,the focus comes away from what allows you to win"

Thank you Brendan  ,I'm so glad your there to point these things out ,things that we clearly failed to see  :Oo:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:29 pm

The writing was on the wall after Madrid hammered us at home in the CL. When Gerrard was giving his post match interview you could tell he knew how shyte we were. And you know what, he was bloody right
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:29 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:27 pm wrote:"Sometimes you can want to win too much,the focus comes away from what allows you to win"

Thank you Brendan  :Oo:

Now come on, be honest, who thought he was gonna say that?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:54 pm

I'm glad we're out. Don't think I could have stomached us getting thrashed by Arsenal in the final. It would have been too much, especially with it being Gerrard's final match.

However, I think BR had taken as far as he can and hope FSG are thinking long and hard about the future of LFC. If they aren't, then we're in deep sh'te.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games