Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:49 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:29 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:04 pm wrote:Another jammy win for the manager who is out of his depth
:eyebrow

I'd keep your dick in your pants for now fella  ,it was only 'BLACKBURN' after all  :laugh:

Yeah but will we beat Blackpool?  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:07 am

The amount of whining on this place is ridiculous.

Maybe if we had a fan base that went down to the ground and made some noise at Anfield the players would react to it becaue the atmosphere at Anfield V United was dire and has been every game since around 2009

If us boys in 305 werent as noisy I think we would go down as the quietest home support in the league

Sort it out

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:15 am

Sometimes you need to vent frustration and after throwing away another good run of success with needless goals and chickenhead performances, it's to be expected.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:22 pm

"Only Blackburn"
Love it...
:love:
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:19 pm

Reg » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:49 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:29 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:04 pm wrote:Another jammy win for the manager who is out of his depth
:eyebrow

I'd keep your dick in your pants for now fella  ,it was only 'BLACKBURN' after all  :laugh:

Yeah but will we beat Blackpool?  :laugh:  :laugh:

:laugh:  Classic

I think yes Reg ,what say you ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Thommo's perm » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:22 am wrote:"Only Blackburn"
Love it...
:love:

Seriously mate ,if you were looking for a stick to beat us with ,fashioning one out of balsa wood wont cut it !  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:42 pm

Beat who?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:56 pm

'Blackpool'  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:32 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

'Blackpool'  :;):

'Liverpool'  :rasp
Thommo's perm

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:15 pm

I'm going to stick out my neck with this... the team and the manager better not give up on finishing top 4 and having Rodgers virtually giving up top 4 is amateurish. Remember last season, when after we beat Man City 3-2, Pelligrini said something along the lines of "so what... we'll continue to win the last remaining matches and if Liverpool wins all the matches then they'll be champions but I don't think they will win all the matches". I wish that Rodgers rather adopt that kind of attitude.

Having said that if we did finish as 5th, I would think that it is where we belong. Like it or not we are a team in transition. There are alot of new young players Rodgers had to bed in. We lost Suarez, we lost Sturridge for almost half a season. Gerrard, who was our key player for the last decade or so, suffered a dramatic dip in form. Even the new position designed for his career's longevity couldn't help him anymore. Taking into consideration all these circumstances, if we now go on and finish in top 4, we would really be punching above our weight, considering the 4 teams we are competing against. In a way, last season, we punched above our weight as well with players like Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling playing at their peaks. Now, only Coutinho seems to be performing. That is why I am not too harsh on Rodgers. Not just yet. Next season will be the real acid test for Rodgers. We need a striker, unless Balotelli comes good, Sturridge stays fit and Origi hits the ground running. We need a CM to properly replace Gerrard. And we need a defender. Lovren and Balotelli were big mistakes. If we finished 5th without any trophies, of course it will be a disappointing season. But if we finished 5th and also win the FA cup, I think that it will be considered a good season for me. Call me Rodgers apologist or whatever but it is what it is...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:00 pm

maguskwt » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:15 pm wrote:I'm going to stick out my neck with this... the team and the manager better not give up on finishing top 4 and having Rodgers virtually giving up top 4 is amateurish. Remember last season, when after we beat Man City 3-2, Pelligrini said something along the lines of "so what... we'll continue to win the last remaining matches and if Liverpool wins all the matches then they'll be champions but I don't think they will win all the matches". I wish that Rodgers rather adopt that kind of attitude.

Having said that if we did finish as 5th, I would think that it is where we belong. Like it or not we are a team in transition. There are alot of new young players Rodgers had to bed in. We lost Suarez, we lost Sturridge for almost half a season. Gerrard, who was our key player for the last decade or so, suffered a dramatic dip in form. Even the new position designed for his career's longevity couldn't help him anymore. Taking into consideration all these circumstances, if we now go on and finish in top 4, we would really be punching above our weight, considering the 4 teams we are competing against. In a way, last season, we punched above our weight as well with players like Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling playing at their peaks. Now, only Coutinho seems to be performing. That is why I am not too harsh on Rodgers. Not just yet. Next season will be the real acid test for Rodgers. We need a striker, unless Balotelli comes good, Sturridge stays fit and Origi hits the ground running. We need a CM to properly replace Gerrard. And we need a defender. Lovren and Balotelli were big mistakes. If we finished 5th without any trophies, of course it will be a disappointing season. But if we finished 5th and also win the FA cup, I think that it will be considered a good season for me. Call me Rodgers apologist or whatever but it is what it is...

He basically came across as giving up in a few of his interviews anyway. He thinks he's to clever for his own good imo.

5th is a disaster mate and not just because of last season but because we have spent so much money and we are following a path for the last 3 years that has gone full circle. Still being in transition is ridiculous and with the amount of players set to go or be replaced then how can more transition not be expected next year.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:24 pm

Surely.....its time now. Rodgers is not the manager to bring us back to the top of the football world. I hope the owners do the right thing come end of season. Bring in experienced managers who know how to win trophies (not a coach who can only coach a bunch of youngsters).

Its Rafa or Klopp.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:56 pm

The_Rock » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:24 pm wrote:Surely.....its time now. Rodgers is not the manager to bring us back to the top of the football world. I hope the owners do the right thing come end of season. Bring in experienced managers who know how to win trophies (not a coach who can only coach a bunch of youngsters).

Its Rafa or Klopp.

Sack Rodgers? For what?
Let's have a look at his record here

Season 1 - takes over a club that has finished between 6th-8th the previous five years, starts very poorly but brings in Sturridge and Coutinho in the January and we go on a great run, at the same time playing some of the best football seen at the club in 20 years (6-0 away at Newcastle, 3-1 away at Fulham etc).

Season 2 - goes closer to the title than any LIverpool manager in the last quarter of a century, recieve plaudits from across the footballing world for our style of play, we do some absolute demolition jobs on our rivals (Arsenal (h), Spurs (a), Everton (h), United (a) etc) qualify for the CL.

Season 3 - lose our strike force from last year to Barcelona and injury, terrible start in the league and go out of the CL. Rally halfway through the season and go on a great run but falls apart at the end. Reach the semi's in both the domestic cup competitions.

If you sack managers for that you'll be sacking them every five minutes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:56 am wrote:
The_Rock » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:24 pm wrote:Surely.....its time now. Rodgers is not the manager to bring us back to the top of the football world. I hope the owners do the right thing come end of season. Bring in experienced managers who know how to win trophies (not a coach who can only coach a bunch of youngsters).

Its Rafa or Klopp.

Sack Rodgers? For what?
Let's have a look at his record here

Season 1 - takes over a club that has finished between 6th-8th the previous five years, starts very poorly but brings in Sturridge and Coutinho in the January and we go on a great run, at the same time playing some of the best football seen at the club in 20 years (6-0 away at Newcastle, 3-1 away at Fulham etc).

Season 2 - goes closer to the title than any LIverpool manager in the last quarter of a century, recieve plaudits from across the footballing world for our style of play, we do some absolute demolition jobs on our rivals (Arsenal (h), Spurs (a), Everton (h), United (a) etc) qualify for the CL.

Season 3 - lose our strike force from last year to Barcelona and injury, terrible start in the league and go out of the CL. Rally halfway through the season and go on a great run but falls apart at the end. Reach the semi's in both the domestic cup competitions.

If you sack managers for that you'll be sacking them every five minutes.

If you take his league record for 3 seasons and divide by 3....... it is average (or just a few inches ahead of average).

If you take his cup record for 3 seasons and divide by 3....it is horrendous.

If you take his player management capabilities and divide by 3....it is unbecoming of a manager. If he had started with sakho & lucas and kept gerrard away from the DM position...we might be in the top 4 now. If he had played to balotelli's and lamberts strength....our goal difference would be more than 20 now. He didn't. He kept on playing the same old stupid tactics. Comes out with a stupid a$$ formation which half our team cannot perform in.

Lets just say we give him another season. Whats stopping him from wasting more money on average british players ? Whats stopping him from falling out of favour from players like lucas, sakho (among others) again ? Whats stopping him from buying a $hitload of players and then not using them or playing them in their proper positions ?

I have seen enough in 3 seasons under Rodgers. He is not gonna change quickly. He will most likely screw up the beginning of next season for some reason. He will smarten up for the 2nd half of the season when we are out of all the cups and go on a run. If Sturridge is fit....we might even sneak into top 4 (if our competitors are underperforming due to reasons like change of manager..etc like last season). Nah...not for me.

I didn't just pick these hypothesis up from the sky. The trend for the last 3 seasons suggest that when it comes to the big moment...the crunch game....Rodgers almost always fails. Rafa was (and still is) a winner. The king is a winner. Hodgson is not a winner (good luck to England). Rodgers is somewhere between hodgson and Rafa. And that is not good enough.

Yakka, I admire your support for Rodgers. But we cannot afford to wait for him to become a competent big-club manager when all our competitors are improving by doing the right thing.

If Manure had given Moyes more time...you think they would be 3rd this season ? Moyes is a good mid-table coach. He just could not handle a big club like manure. So the Manure board did the right thing. They brought in an experienced manager who knew how to handle league, cup, domestic, European, big games...etc. If we give Rodgers more time...... we will  be mid-table for a long time.

Have you forgotten our performance in Europe ? We had an frecking easy group bar real Madrid. 2nd was a guarantee. Only Rodgers (and roy hodgson) could have screwed that up.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:03 pm

Rodgers should go into Politics. With his perma tan and bleached teeth and the ability to talk utter shyte  and people actually believe it, he's a shoo-in to become a MP for the Monster Raving Loony Party
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion