JORDAN HENDERSON - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:24 pm

kazza » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:15 am wrote:
RedAnt » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:54 am wrote:What a world we live in when Jordan Henderson is worth 100k a week. Look around the world at the players earning that amount or over. I'm not sure any other team in the world would see Hendo as a captain figure and in the 100k bracket.

On the flip side there are worse players earning more. 100k for Henderson is appropriate

You really think so? I think it's crazy. I thought anything north of 90k should be reserved for superstar status. I suppose it says a lot for the quality of our squad when this guy is considered a star player. Surely for those wages we could get someone better. A match winner perhaps?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Reg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:41 pm

There is no way Henderson is worth 100k. No justification whatsoever other than we have no ready alternative.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:58 pm

Reg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:41 am wrote:There is no way Henderson is worth 100k. No justification whatsoever other than we have no ready alternative.

I'm afraid that's the truth of it. He doesn't exactly rate alongside the Alonso's and Fabregas's out there. But he's our 100k marathon runner. I said awhile ago I was worried he was seen as our next Gerrard. What a downgrade.
RedAnt

Postby kazza » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:16 pm

RedAnt » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:58 am wrote:
Reg » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:41 am wrote:There is no way Henderson is worth 100k. No justification whatsoever other than we have no ready alternative.

I'm afraid that's the truth of it. He doesn't exactly rate alongside the Alonso's and Fabregas's out there. But he's our 100k marathon runner. I said awhile ago I was worried he was seen as our next Gerrard. What a downgrade.

Things have changed, 100k per week is not that outstanding anymore from a PL point of view. A lot of players in the PL make more than that. It's not about how good Jordan is it is about how much players get paid. England International, captain of the team and all that.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:27 pm

Agree 100% with reg.

I think it is important we hold on to him but he is now on a top wage and he s not a top player. It also creates a problem if we decide to replace him in a year or 2 as not many clubs could afford him on that wage unless its on a bosman or a low transfer fee.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:42 pm

kazza » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:16 pm wrote:

Things have changed, 100k per week is not that outstanding anymore from a PL point of view. A lot of players in the PL make more than that. It's not about how good Jordan is it is about how much players get paid. England International, captain of the team and all that.

100k a week is massive money mate  :nod  Only clubs above us pay that and its not to every single player either. Just because you are in the premier league does not mean you get that kind of money but I can see your point in him being an international as well as captain being a factor.

Being straight up I wouldn't think outside of chelsea, city, arsenal, manure, ourselves and maybe 1 at spurs is paying anyone in their squad 100k a week  :no There is a few clubs paying maybe 70k to a few stars but the rest would be anywhere between 15 to 45 k with performance related bonuses thrown in.

None of those clubs earn enough money to pay mega wages and FFP makes sure they can't so if we are governed by a wage structure with what we earn  :nod those clubs who don't earn as much as us have lower wage restrictions in place  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:45 pm

kazza » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:16 pm wrote:

I think that if we're going to spend this much on a player then we could do better. I've never rated Hendo highly and have always seen him as a squad player at best. He's not a terrible player, but he's not outstanding. 100k a week likely cements his place in the team for the future and I'm not enthused by that. He may look good on his day but he's slow and lacks agility and in his position that can effect the dynamic and shape of the entire team. I can't help but feel that Hendo is a mid table player and if we build a team around him then it will become a mid table team.
His presence in the England set up doesn't mean much. There's not a lot of competition and England are sh*t anyway.
RedAnt

Postby aCe' » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:21 pm

100k on Henderson is a fcking joke to be honest... It is NOT a reflection of current wages either. If anything it is a reflection of how ***** our side is that Henderson thinks he deserves to be paid 100k and Sterling rejects the amount.

Lets look at the REPORTED wages that some of the other CMs are on:

Utd:
Carrick: 80k
Fellaini: 80k
Herrara:75k

I'd take all 3 ahead of Henderson.
Utd have 6 players on over 100k: Young (110k), Mata (120k), Di Maria (150k),  and Rooney, RVP, Falcao (250k)

Arsenal:

Ramsey: 80k
Coquelin: 20k
Cazorla: 90k

If Cazorla is on 90k then Henderson should be on about a quarter of that. By the way, the only Arsenal players on over 100k are Ozil (140k), Sanchez(130k), and Walcott (110k). Imagine Raheem being on more than Ozil and Sanchez. Madness.

ManCity:

Fernando: 75k
Fernandinho: 90k
Yaya Toure: 185k
Milner: 90k

ManCity pay at least 10 player 100k or more.

Chelsea:

Matic: 75k
Ramires: 75k
Fabregas: 155k
Oscar: 90k
Willian: 85k

Courtois, Terry, Fabregas, Hazard, and Diego Costa are the only players at Chelsea on over 100k. All deserving too.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:41 pm

aCe' » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:21 pm wrote:100k on Henderson is a fcking joke to be honest... It is NOT a reflection of current wages either. If anything it is a reflection of how ***** our side is that Henderson thinks he deserves to be paid 100k and Sterling rejects the amount.

Lets look at the REPORTED wages that some of the other CMs are on:

Utd:
Carrick: 80k
Fellaini: 80k
Herrara:75k

I'd take all 3 ahead of Henderson.
Utd have 6 players on over 100k: Young (110k), Mata (120k), Di Maria (150k),  and Rooney, RVP, Falcao (250k)

Arsenal:

Ramsey: 80k
Coquelin: 20k
Cazorla: 90k

If Cazorla is on 90k then Henderson should be on about a quarter of that. By the way, the only Arsenal players on over 100k are Ozil (140k), Sanchez(130k), and Walcott (110k). Imagine Raheem being on more than Ozil and Sanchez. Madness.

ManCity:

Fernando: 75k
Fernandinho: 90k
Yaya Toure: 185k
Milner: 90k

ManCity pay at least 10 player 100k or more.

Chelsea:

Matic: 75k
Ramires: 75k
Fabregas: 155k
Oscar: 90k
Willian: 85k

Courtois, Terry, Fabregas, Hazard, and Diego Costa are the only players at Chelsea on over 100k. All deserving too.

Good post. It's what I've been trying to say, but not very well.
RedAnt

Postby damjan193 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:25 pm

Good post Ace, puts things into perspective.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:02 am

Good post aCe However look at it this way

Johnson 90k
Balotelli 110 K
Gerrard 140 K

Puts into perspective why Hendo deseves 100k when Sh*t like Johnsons and Balotelli are on so much. Hendo is now vice captain and with Gerrard leaving looks like will be our new captain

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:31 am

Thought Johnson was on £110k and Balotelli on £80k ??? - I still know where you are coming from though !! Crazy football world.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:25 am

Jordan scoops March Player of the Month

Three goals in five appearances during March ensured Jordan Henderson was today awarded Liverpool's Standard Chartered Player of the Month award at Melwood.

The 24-year-old midfielder collected the accolade after scooping 34 per cent of the fans' vote in a poll on this website.

It meant Henderson successfully saw off competition from Philippe Coutinho, who had been awarded the trophy for three consecutive months in December, January and February.

The Brazilian tallied 24 per cent of the overall total to finish second, while Simon Mignolet came third in the vote with 11 per cent.

Henderson captained Liverpool in all five of their matches in March.

He began the month with a stunning goal in the Reds' 2-1 victory over Manchester City at Anfield and followed that up with efforts against Burnley and Swansea City.

Upon being presented with the award at Melwood, Henderson told Liverpoolfc.com: "Thank you to the fans for all your support.

"There have been some good performances from the team and I managed to get on the scoresheet a few times as well, which was nice.

"But there were a couple of disappointing ones as well, so it was a bit mixed. But hopefully we can kick on from now until the end of the season, put that right and finish as high as we can.

"The top four is still realistic. It will be difficult, we're four points behind and City are a good side.

"So it will be difficult, but if we can win most of our games and put a little bit of pressure on them you never know what can happen. Hopefully we can do that."

The No.14 has six goals and eight assists in the Barclays Premier League this campaign and though the team's form is more important to him, Henderson hopes to maintain such a contribution.

"After you score one, they tend to come when confidence is quite high," the England international added.

"You tend to be in the right positions a little bit more and getting forward more. I would put it down to a bit more confidence in front of goal and getting in the right places.

"I always say the most important thing is the team winning, first and foremost. But to influence games and contribute to that is a good feeling, whether that's assisting or scoring goals.

"As long as you're contributing to the team, you feel as though you're doing your job and helping your team win the game, which is always important."
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Man City is looking to revamp their midfield...reckon we could nick £40M off them for Hendo?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:42 pm

Santa » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:31 pm wrote:Man City is looking to revamp their midfield...reckon we could nick £40M off them for Hendo?

City will be trying to replace Toure with someone like Pogba, Barkley or Veratti mate, not Hendo.
Saying that it's not beyond the realms of possibility that one of the big teams might sign him as a squad player (sort of a Milner/Obi-Mikel type) but they certainly wouldn't pay £40m for him, we'd be lucky to get half that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion