Aston Villa V Liverpool - FA cup Semi Final Sun 19/04/15 3PM

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:07 am

Our season defining match? Could well be, get past these and it sets up an FA Cup Final appearance on Stevie's birthday with (probably) Arsenal.

Under Tim Sherwood Villa will be no pushovers, especially with a very confident and free scoring Benteke playing the way he is at the moment and scoring for fun

This will be a very tough match and Rodgers really needs to get his selection and tactics spot on for this one, what will be to our advantage is the huge size of the Wembley pitch, with players like Sterling, Ibe, Coutinho and all that space to take advantage of

Early signals are that Sturridge and Sakho will miss the match through injury, no further news on Lallana or Balotelli's injury status

The good news is that Skrtel and Gerrard will be back to add strength and depth to the squad

I would like to see us go right at these with Sterling, Ibe, Coutinho getting all over them and our midfield 3 pressing hard

Agbonlahor faces a late fitness test and Sanchez will be suspended after getting a red on the weekend
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:55 am

btw... is this a one game affair only or will there be a replay if the game ends in a draw?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:11 pm

maguskwt » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:55 am wrote:btw... is this a one game affair only or will there be a replay if the game ends in a draw?

In 1999 it was decided that the semi-finals should be decided in one game, with extra time and penalties used to determine the outcome if the game ended in a draw (replays are still used in earlier rounds, however). The last FA Cup Semi-Final replay, in 1999, saw Manchester United take on Arsenal at Villa Park.

Not my wording, but answers it for you mate :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:12 pm

Ibe is cup tied unfortunately.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby C-R » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:21 pm

Ben Patrick » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:12 pm wrote:Ibe is cup tied unfortunately.

Forgot about that, thanks Ben, maybe it is finally Markovic time to shine ?
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:27 am

I really am not confident about winning this tie which is not the first time this season. I will take a passage to the Final via Penalties. I want us to go through as it would be a Stevies swansong
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:14 pm

Benteke is on fire atm as well and he is exactly the type of forward who has traditionally caused us problems in the past. If we thought Gestede was a handful a fully fit, firing on all cylinders Benteke is on another level to him.
If we move the likes of Lambert, Borini and Balotelli on I wouldn't mind us going for Benteke in the summer, it's always handy to have at least 1 target man type CF in the squad.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:19 pm

We'll win this, no bother. With Stevie and Skrtel back we'll be well up for it. 2-0 is the way I say it.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:30 am

Ben Patrick » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:12 pm wrote:Ibe is cup tied unfortunately.

So he won't be eligible for the final either?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:53 am

Villa are a massive bogey team. 

And Benteke always does us  :oh:

So i expect nothing less than a win  :buttrock  :wwww
Kopite-Jud

Postby C-R » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:07 pm

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli could play some part in Sunday’s FA Cup semi-final with Aston Villa at Wembley after returning to full training at Melwood.

The Italy international has missed the past three matches due to a combination of injury and illness but has now been passed fit for duty.

Balotelli’s availability will bolster Brendan Rodgers’ attacking options with Daniel Sturridge battling to overcome the hip problem which forced him to miss Monday’s Premier League win over Newcastle United.

Adam Lallana, who has been hampered by a groin injury for the past month, is unlikely to feature at Wembley as he’s still only taking part in light training and has yet to rejoin the squad.

Balotelli has played just 55 minutes of football for Liverpool since he made his last start away to Besiktas in the Europa League back in February.

His last appearance came as a substitute in the 2-1 defeat to Manchester United nearly four weeks ago. He missed the trip to Arsenal after Rodgers revealed he had “ruled himself out” with a sore knee.

Balotelli then sat out the FA Cup replay against Blackburn and the league game with Newcastle due to illness.

The controversial striker took to Instagram in a bid to convince fans he was too ill to play, posting a picture of himself holding a thermometer reading 38.7C.

The 24-year-old’s long-term prospects at Anfield are bleak. He has scored just four goals in 25 matches since his £16million move from AC Milan last summer.

However, he could yet have a role to play during the run-in as Liverpool look to clinch FA Cup glory and launch a late push for a Champions League spot.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:02 am

If news are correct Villa are decimated with injuries ,should serve our cause.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:42 pm

Lets turn up against these and rack up a cricket score. give them a good hiding and get us to the final. It's gonna be a drubbing for this lot boys!

Villa 0 - LFC 1 (89th minute of lucas's left knee cap)
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:33 pm

Being reported that Lucas missed training today, hope it is just a precaution
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:01 pm

Question,if we qualify to the finals and manage to lose somehow to Arsenal are we still assured a European spot as the gunners get CL football next year?
only me
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games