RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:46 pm

Get rid of him. From what I have heard most fans will support any decision in selling sterling.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:48 pm

Kash_Mountain » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:43 pm wrote:Everything in the Press about this is total rubbish, sensationalist journo *****. RS really wants to stay at LFC (despite what is written in the tabloids or broadsheets).

RS has not been offered £180k a week, he has not turned any offer down because negotiations are still ongoing.

It would not be wise to sell RS at this time, though it seems some want to sell a player as soon as they have a drop in form for whoever is next in line (i.e. the next young thing, IBE, then what happens when he has an off day.....). LFC really need to hold on to players like RS, he has the talent and attributes to be a top player for LFC. He's just needs to be developed and managed in the right way (which unfortunately, BR is not doing). LFC can't sell talent like RS, otherwise LFC will not go anywhere as a club, ever.

I hope your right Kash, but if you are, he's an idiot for taking so long to sign a new contract. By the time he does the media will ensure have the fan-base hate him. Sign and be done with it if he really wants to stay.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:07 pm

We see this sh'it all the time: "Im not interested in the money, I want to progress my career blah blah yadda yadda"
You might be interested in the money but your pr'ick of an agent is! I wish a player would have the balls to tell the agent to fu'ck off and stop trying to get as much as they can, which eventually sours the relationship with the supporters.
If he wants to go for personal reasons then fair enough, sell him and wish him well. If its for money, sell him and fu'ck him right off
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby damjan193 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:01 am

I'm on the fence with this one, leaning a bit towards selling (if the papers are true, though I doubt they are). You don't sell your best player but you also don't submit to someone's ridiculous wishes, it sets a bad example. The kid is a good player but hardly a game changer and he wants to earn more than Gerrard did in his prime, who was not only a game changer but played and won games by himself.

FSG have a correct stance for this one; don't worry about money, show your worth and the money will come. But for now, 100k for both his age and contribution to the team is more than enough.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:47 pm

Quote from Sterling in today's Express

"I try to kill it off, but I don't think the public can see it that way.

"I think they just see it as this 20-year-old boy being greedy.

"I just want to take the time to think about what I've achieved in my
career so far, where I need to go and what I need to do to get better
as a player.

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:07 pm

There was an interview on the news (BBC) before with Sterling. By the sounds of it the reports in the press are true, there is a massive contract on the table but he insists money isn't his main motivation, trophies are.
He didn't actually say it himself but the report hinted that he isn't too happy that we have lost players of the calibre of Suarez and pretty soon Gerrard in a short space of time.
When asked about a move to Spain he said everyone dreams of playing for a giant club in a sunny climate but atm he's just concentrating on playing for Liverpool.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:07 pm wrote:There was an interview on the news (BBC) before with Sterling. By the sounds of it the reports in the press are true, there is a massive contract on the table but he insists money isn't his main motivation, trophies are.
He didn't actually say it himself but the report hinted that he isn't too happy that we have lost players of the calibre of Suarez and pretty soon Gerrard in a short space of time.
When asked about a move to Spain he said everyone dreams of playing for a giant club in a sunny climate but atm he's just concentrating on playing for Liverpool.

Here is the interview...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32143181
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:07 pm wrote:There was an interview on the news (BBC) before with Sterling. By the sounds of it the reports in the press are true, there is a massive contract on the table but he insists money isn't his main motivation, trophies are.

I have little time for players posturing for a move away from Anfield ,I guess  fans have all become cold hearted and somewhat battle hardened since Torres and Suarez
I don't think I'm being insensitive if I state I don't believe any tears will be shed if Sterling leaves ,in truth I was more disappointed when Suso left.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:51 pm

The last sentence of the interview leads me to think he's made his mind up to go. So off with him for a bucket load of cash.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby andy c legs » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:07 pm

cardiff-red » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:23 pm wrote:

Here is the interview...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32143181

Cheers Cardiff Red mate, for pointing out the site and being able to click on it, much appreciated. :;):

It's the fact that he will not commit himself to the club after the end of the season, that was the way I saw it. That's not good. If he really wanted to stay, surely he would have just come out with it?? Any of us on this site would just say 'yes, defo, Ill be at Liverpool next season', we wouldn't have to think twice about it..

I understand that he wants to win trophies - well look how close he came last season to winning the league and now this season, we are still in with a shout of the FA Cup. Doesn't he see that if he does stay then he will be an integral part of our team - as he has shown this season when played in an offensive position. And with him in that team we will have a chance of winning something??

I still say though that the club should give a deadline date, this summer, to him and if he still has not signed by the 20th of June say, then we should put a £40 mill plus price tag on his head. I don't think he's worth that at the moment but it would at least give the club a decent amount of money to spend in the market on someone similar, or for a chunk of it to go towards that world class 20-25 goal man we never got last summer.

The club just can't afford to dither. He maybe one of our best players but it makes no odds, the club and team must come FIRST.  :;):
[b]I am and always will be in love with them...
andy c legs
LFC Basic Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:13 pm

It's like the Suarez saga all over again.

Make no mistake, this is a come and get me move by the lad and I'll be shocked if he's here after the summer.

I'm not against him going for 50 mill, but who we going go bring in? I'm not convinced BR will sign the proven quality we desperately need.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:20 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:50 pm wrote:

I have little time for players posturing for a move away from Anfield ,I guess  fans have all become cold hearted and somewhat battle hardened since Torres and Suarez
I don't think I'm being insensitive if I state I don't believe any tears will be shed if Sterling leaves ,in truth I was more disappointed when Suso left.

The only concern I'd have is in terms of our image, it wouldn't look too good if we lost another high profile player and especially one that came through the ranks at the club, after the depature of Suarez and the impending departure of Gerrard that would be 3 high profile players in 3 years and if he cited his reason for leaving was to win trophies that would exacerbate our image problem even more.
If we spent the money on one or two top quality players like Veratti or Barkley there wouldn't be too much damage done though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:26 pm

Get the feeling he's off myself, I believe him though when he says it isn't about the money, IMO he just doesn't see us going places anytime soon and wants to play with better players.

What will be will be in his case, He isn't the first and won't be the last.

Not impressed that all this has been so public anyway and now the player has got to give an interview to put his side across for fear of a back lash from the stands.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:33 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:20 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:50 pm wrote:

The only concern I'd have is in terms of our image, it wouldn't look too good if we lost another high profile player and especially one that came through the ranks at the club, after the depature of Suarez and the impending departure of Gerrard that would be 3 high profile players in 3 years and if he cited his reason for leaving was to win trophies that would exacerbate our image problem even more.
If we spent the money on one or two top quality players like Veratti or Barkley there wouldn't be too much damage done though.

Good point.
He more or less say's in the interview that suarez and gerrard leaving will leave a massive hole and that we have a few lads coming through who can hopefully emulate the career's both of them had. He knows fine well just like we do that the club will not seek replacements like whats mentioned. More than likely it will be lower premier league clubs for players who cannot believe they could actually be playing for liverpool.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:45 pm

Sterling is not a spokesman for the club so I don't place any credence on what he says.

I do however take great exception to the absolute greed of people like Sterling turning down 100k a week then saying it's not about the money. The 2 faced arrogant greed compared to the fanbase of the club is disgusting and quite frankly if we have to start paying half the team 150k+ a week to win the league then I'm not sure I want to be part of it.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion